Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Jan 24th 2013 new
expect us in about 90 minutes, Christine! and thank you for the invitation! shall I bring pie? ;)
Jan 24th 2013 new
Don't worry, Christine! We wouldn't really come over w/o checking to see if you really truly meant it! I decided on a neat little recipe I call 'supper' -- a tempting combination of whole wheat pasta, fresh tomato sauce, mini meatballs, onions, garlic, yellow peppers, slivers of celery, finely grated carrots, and black beans, served hot with grated parmesan and asiago cheeses and slices of fresh whole wheat oatmeal bread
Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: a tempting combination of whole wheat pasta, fresh tomato sauce, mini meatballs, onions, garlic, yellow...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: a tempting combination of whole wheat pasta, fresh tomato sauce, mini meatballs, onions, garlic, yellow peppers, slivers of celery, finely grated carrots, and black beans, served hot with grated parmesan and asiago cheeses and slices of fresh whole wheat oatmeal bread
--hide--
That sounds yummy!! You are probably a much better chef than I biggrin Maybe a weekend, a school night might be a little crazy for you guys with all that driving biggrin

Jan 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-189584 said: Peter puts on his teaching hat and tries to explain: Well you see, you're not just br...
(Quote) Peter-189584 said:

Peter puts on his teaching hat and tries to explain: Well you see, you're not just brushing away any dirt or anything else that might be on the ice that would affect the travel of the rock, but you're also at times brushing hard enough to actually melt the top layer of ice, which causes the rock to glide straighter and faster *insert skip screaming "HURRY! HURRY HARD!! HARDER!! HAAAAARDERRRRRR!!"* and when you don't sweep the rock will actually curl (or curve) more *insert skip screaming "OFF! GET OFF!! RIGHT OFF!!"*

Today's Canadian lesson of the day brought to you by the letter C, for Curling, the game that teaches physics and sounds way naughtier than it actually is.

--hide--
Peter, Thanks for the explanation. Those curlers looked like they were having a great time, and I couldn't understand why.

Jan 25th 2013 new

Rachel and Christine, both recipes souns absolutely yummy. Christine, I have abt a half pound of salmon in the freezer and I would love to try your recipe. Where did you find it?

Jan 25th 2013 new

Margo has had a busy day off that involved getting the house organized and picked up after several months of "batching" (acting like a bachelor.) VBS (Margo's son) should be leavg for an internship in Berlin in a few weeks; he and Margo went out to eat tonight. And life is good.

Jan 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Margo-404841 said: Margo has had a busy day off that involved getting the house organized and picked up after severa...
(Quote) Margo-404841 said:

Margo has had a busy day off that involved getting the house organized and picked up after several months of "batching" (acting like a bachelor.) VBS (Margo's son) should be leavg for an internship in Berlin in a few weeks; he and Margo went out to eat tonight. And life is good.

--hide--

Michael wonders what Vegetarian Bright Son is going to eat in Germany, where the diet tends to concentrate on a lot of sausages to go with the potatoes scratchchin

Jan 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Margo-404841 said: Rachel and Christine, both recipes souns absolutely yummy. Christine, I have abt a half pound of ...
(Quote) Margo-404841 said:

Rachel and Christine, both recipes souns absolutely yummy. Christine, I have abt a half pound of salmon in the freezer and I would love to try your recipe. Where did you find it?

--hide--
Hi Margo, I actually just used a Two Brothers teriyaki sauce, but with a quick search you can find a homemade teriyaki sauce--next time I think I'm going to do that.

The bakery sometimes has sesame seeds available---much less expensive than buying them from the spice aisle-yikes. biggrin Did you take good notes on your son's cooking?

Jan 26th 2013 new

Michael returns from breakfast at the mall, delighted with the bargains he struck in a 75% off clearance sale at Barnes and Noble: $20 for a turntable that records LPs onto a memory stick, and $12.50 for a photo scanner for his iPhone! More clutter, yay! laughing rolling eyes

Jan 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: Michael wonders what Vegetarian Bright Son is going to eat in Germany, where the diet te...
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

Michael wonders what Vegetarian Bright Son is going to eat in Germany, where the diet tends to concentrate on a lot of sausages to go with the potatoes

--hide--
Good question, Michael. His German friend who is a girl has alrdy told Vegetarian abt the German diet; he has decided that he'll just start eating meat as needed. Bright Son isn't entirely vegetarian. He eats fish. He says he's a Catholic vegetarian. laughing laughing

Posts 131 - 140 of 200