Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Nov 17th 2012 new

Michael notes a sure sign that the holidays are fast approaching Turkey! xmastree party ... Lutefisk goldfish is now on sale at area grocery stores rolling eyes crazy faint

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: Michael notes a sure sign that the holidays are fast approaching ... Lutefisk is now on sale at ...
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

Michael notes a sure sign that the holidays are fast approaching ... Lutefisk is now on sale at area grocery stores

--hide--
UmmmmYummm! goldfish Lutefisk! Brings back warm, loving memories of Sons of Norway gatherings with grandparents, and all those good tastes like lefsa! Beverly loved to dance around the Christmas tree and get twirled around in the polka music!

Beverly is glad the rain came last night and washed away the left-over ice on the driveway from the snowstorm last week. Just browsing the Fora, and looking forward to seeing Brighton Beach Memoirs at a local play tonight.

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: UmmmmYummm! Lutefisk! Brings back warm, loving memories of Sons of Norway gatherings with grand...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

UmmmmYummm! Lutefisk! Brings back warm, loving memories of Sons of Norway gatherings with grandparents, and all those good tastes like lefsa! Beverly loved to dance around the Christmas tree and get twirled around in the polka music!

Beverly is glad the rain came last night and washed away the left-over ice on the driveway from the snowstorm last week. Just browsing the Fora, and looking forward to seeing Brighton Beach Memoirs at a local play tonight.

--hide--

Michael can appreciate lefsa, pickled herring, fatigmon, krumkake, lingonberry pancakes, smoked salmon, Swedish meatballs, jello salad, hot dish, just about anything on the smorgasbord, but has long believed that lutefisk should never be eaten on any occasion crazy

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: Michael can appreciate lefsa, pickled herring, fatigmon, krumkake, lingonberry pancakes,...

Michael can appreciate lefsa, pickled herring, fatigmon, krumkake, lingonberry pancakes, smoked salmon, Swedish meatballs, jello salad, hot dish, just about anything on the smorgasbord, but has long believed that lutefisk should never be eaten on any occasion

--hide--

Okay, I have to ask this, why are you all referring to yourself in the third person?

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: Michael can appreciate lefsa, pickled herring, fatigmon, krumkake, lingonberry pancakes,...

Michael can appreciate lefsa, pickled herring, fatigmon, krumkake, lingonberry pancakes, smoked salmon, Swedish meatballs, jello salad, hot dish, just about anything on the smorgasbord, but has long believed that lutefisk should never be eaten on any occasion

--hide--
laughing laughing laughing Bow Yep, it has to have LOTS of buttery milk gravy for me to get it down, but Bev would heap her plate with all the rest!

Darn that Mike--now Bev's gonna have to go rummage in the fridge for the Lingonberry jam and make some pancakes for lunch!

Nov 17th 2012 new
The rules of the status thread is to speak in third person only!
Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Okay, I have to ask this, why are you all referring to yourself in the third person?
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Okay, I have to ask this, why are you all referring to yourself in the third person?

--hide--

Hi, Patricia! The "Status" threads were started a few years back, as a CM alternative to the Facebook wall. At one time these were among the most popular threads in the old St Vitus room, and I've met many great friends through them, just bantering about our daily activiites. Third person posting is encouraged, but not mandatory! wave

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: Hi, Patricia! The "Status" threads were started a few years back, as a CM alte...

Hi, Patricia! The "Status" threads were started a few years back, as a CM alternative to the Facebook wall. At one time these were among the most popular threads in the old St Vitus room, and I've met many great friends through them, just bantering about our daily activiites. Third person posting is encouraged, but not mandatory!

--hide--

I would just like to mention that people diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome refer to themselves in the third person. Not sure that is something that I would encourage people to do - they could end up being misdiagnosedscratchchin biggrin.

Nov 17th 2012 new
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: (Quote) Michael-76823 said: Hi, Patricia! The "Status" threa...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

[quote]Michael-76823 said:

Hi, Patricia! The "Status" threads were started a few years back, as a CM alternative to the Facebook wall. At one time these were among the most popular threads in the old St Vitus room, and I've met many great friends through them, just bantering about our daily activiites. Third person posting is encouraged, but not mandatory!

--hide--

I would just like to mention that people diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome refer to themselves in the third person. Not sure that is something that I would encourage people to do - they could end up being misdiagnosed .

Well. I guess we could eliminate the status thread then......it was one of my favorites.
Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: I would just like to mention that people diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome refer to themsel...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

I would just like to mention that people diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome refer to themselves in the third person. Not sure that is something that I would encourage people to do - they could end up being misdiagnosed .

Well. I guess we could eliminate the status thread then......it was one of my favorites.
--hide--

Donna thinks we should leave the STATUS thread just as it is. After all it is just in good fun and we were all made with lips very capable of turning upwards. biggrin See, they even made an emote to prove it.

Posts 61 - 70 of 200