Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

11/09/2012 new

(Quote) Angie-70288 said: Soooo ready for the Alabama/A&M game tomorrow... My money is on Alabama but I must admit I'...
(Quote) Angie-70288 said:

Soooo ready for the Alabama/A&M game tomorrow... My money is on Alabama but I must admit I'm growing fonder and fonder of Johnny Football...

--hide--
You are so right...Angie. Much as I'd like to see the "maroon and white" take it.....Alabama is STILL the number one team (champions)
until someone takes it away from them! In fact, I'm going to make the bold statement that I don't think Oregon could stay with them right now. Just my own two cents

11/11/2012 new

Words I never thought I'd utter... November 10, 2012-The day I became an Aggie fan...

11/11/2012 new

(Quote) Angie-70288 said: Words I never thought I'd utter... November 10, 2012-The day I became an Aggie fan...

Words I never thought I'd utter... November 10, 2012-The day I became an Aggie fan...

--hide--
NO KIDDING ANGIE! They did "Gig-em" I was wrong, wrong wrong. Because my son Mark said...."You watch Dad....they..(the Aggies) are going to go in there (to Tuscaloosa) and whip them...because Alabama will not be expecting a "freight train" to hit them!!
I still think this is the most MONUMENTAL upset this year. Now I know how good they really are. Plus, if you recall they had Florida (down) at Kyle Field...but let them come back and win. But it was close. Again I WAS WRONG and called Mark. Mark teased me and said, "Dad what's that old saying of yours? "Son if I say it's going to rain bring your umbrella"? Well, it rained on Jerry yesterday!laughing

11/11/2012 new

I just had no "inkling" of an idea they could stride-in to the #1 team's backyard and beat them like that!

11/11/2012 new

laughing Jerry, I ate so much crow leading up to yesterday... laughing

I wish they'd get rid of Bertolet. I wouldn't have been biting my nails to nubs if he'd scored... Too close for comfort!

11/11/2012 new

(Quote) Angie-70288 said: Jerry, I ate so much crow leading up to yesterday... I wish they'd get rid of Bertolet....

Jerry, I ate so much crow leading up to yesterday...

I wish they'd get rid of Bertolet. I wouldn't have been biting my nails to nubs if he'd scored... Too close for comfort!

--hide--
Well you like them as I do.... but you have been conditioned to losing as I have. (they have lost many heartbreakers) And, they have been "blown out" before. Not many too many of us huh? In fact, the entire 7 years I lived in Bryan/College Station I bet I met a handful of people like you and I. When moving there my blood type was "burnt orange"....but I quickly had to change to "maroon and white" laughing I just hate it they bailed on the Big 12...because the Texas/Texas A&M tradition was so hugeirked

11/11/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Well you like them as I do.... but you have been conditioned to losing as I have. (they have lost...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Well you like them as I do.... but you have been conditioned to losing as I have. (they have lost many heartbreakers) And, they have been "blown out" before. Not many too many of us huh? In fact, the entire 7 years I lived in Bryan/College Station I bet I met a handful of people like you and I. When moving there my blood type was "burnt orange"....but I quickly had to change to "maroon and white" I just hate it they bailed on the Big 12...because the Texas/Texas A&M tradition was so huge

--hide--

Are you kidding? Screw the Big 12! I want to see a resurrection of the Southwest Conference. Those were the great days! biggrin

theheart

11/11/2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Are you kidding? Screw the Big 12! I want to see a resurrection of the Southwest Co...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Are you kidding? Screw the Big 12! I want to see a resurrection of the Southwest Conference. Those were the great days!

--hide--
Victor, you are so right! I like those days even better....when SMU and TCU were in the mix! Now you've resurrected some fond memories!

11/11/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Victor, you are so right! I like those days even better....when SMU and TCU were in the mix! Now ...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Victor, you are so right! I like those days even better....when SMU and TCU were in the mix! Now you've resurrected some fond memories!

--hide--

thumbsup wink These kids today have no idea... NO idea! biggrin

theheart

11/11/2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: These kids today have no idea... NO idea!
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

These kids today have no idea... NO idea!

--hide--
I was SO disappointed Texas A&M bailed on the Big 12. One doesn't have to ponder very long to come up with a reason......$$$!
And I am told the Athletic Director of Texas (Deloss Dodds) was contacted by Texas A&M saying...."Well we'll still play ya' if you work us in"
Deloss Dodds responded with something like: "Are you kidding? We have committments through 2014! What are we supposed to do....tell a Clemson....we've decided not to play you....because of the old tradition with Texas A&M!" I was heartbroken when Texas A&M defected to the SEC. Course I was wrong about how they WOULD play! They beat Alabama yesterday!

Posts 21 - 30 of 52