Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Aug 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Yes, if only to p*** off the youngsters.
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

Yes, if only to p*** off the youngsters.

--hide--

As much as I like the concept, it really doesn't help with the "match" part of this.

Sep 1st 2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: Changes are being made here that tell me our presence is not wanted. We have seen the saints names...
(Quote) John-666618 said:

Changes are being made here that tell me our presence is not wanted. We have seen the saints names removed, the religious graphics removed, and essentially, traditional elements removed. Our discussion threads are moved to common areas, losing the perspective we bring and sending us into the world of people who have not come from the same society we came from. The men are continually told that the ladies want us to live and pursue according to the societal norms we grew up with, but we are trying to apply all that to long distance, Internet dating.

We have seen time and again that many of the people under 40 are very comfortable with the role reversals that help this system work and they generally don’t mind the weakening of the Catholic identity of this site. (Undoubtedly someone will tell us the identity has not been weakened, regardless of what many of us have said.) It is usually the older women who say the guys are wrong and don’t know what they want the older guys who complain that the women don’t know what THEY want.

So my question is this: Do people over 55 belong in the Internet dating world?

--hide--

Yes people in the over 55 belong to the Internet dating world, because whatever age bracket you are in, one must be open to all possibilities. Yet, at the same time, one must be open to the pluses and minuses of the Internet dating world and that everyone is not who they say they are and personalities may not always be sterling.

I have reaped the benefits of CM formerly St. Raphael's, establishing a Catholic Community. I truly believe that this site is ordained by God and as my beloved Fr. Benedict Groschel stated so many times about himself before he got up to speak "Look what the Lord can do with a jawbone of an ass." (No offense Admin, you are in great company ;)) I think this describes the site in that the Lord has shed many abundant graces on this site and through this site to many people. Even with all changes becoming more and more secular in trying to keep up with the changing world of Internet dating, I cannot say that it is still not held in God's hand and that blessings are not still flowing. This is still the best site out there and that is due to the fact of Admin who tries their best and through the Lord it continues to grow.

Every Sunday and Tuesday nights we have our telephone conference calls and prayers go up for Admin as well as all the people on the site. This is a pretty awesome thing and God is hearing our prayers at the moment of grace that He knows.

I think that everyone of us have to take responbility for where we are in regards to Internet Dating and to keep our minds and hearts open.
We have to "take the best and leave the rest."

Sep 1st 2012 new

I am not 55, but I keep wondering if I can be taught new tricks. It is certainly out of my comfort realm. Laugh.

Sep 1st 2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: Changes are being made here that tell me our presence is not wanted. We have seen the saints names...

Changes are being made here that tell me our presence is not wanted. We have seen the saints names removed, the religious graphics removed, and essentially, traditional elements removed. Our discussion threads are moved to common areas, losing the perspective we bring and sending us into the world of people who have not come from the same society we came from. The men are continually told that the ladies want us to live and pursue according to the societal norms we grew up with, but we are trying to apply all that to long distance, Internet dating.

We have seen time and again that many of the people under 40 are very comfortable with the role reversals that help this system work and they generally don’t mind the weakening of the Catholic identity of this site. (Undoubtedly someone will tell us the identity has not been weakened, regardless of what many of us have said.) It is usually the older women who say the guys are wrong and don’t know what they want the older guys who complain that the women don’t know what THEY want.

H....yes! I know someone well over 55 who met her husband on an internet dating site.

--hide--

Sep 1st 2012 new

You know....down under YES. I know a person who met her husband on an internet dating site and she was well over 55

Sep 1st 2012 new

Very nice, Mary.

Sep 1st 2012 new
(Quote) Mary-25961 said: Yes people in the over 55 belong to the Internet dating world, because whatever age bracket you are in, o...
(Quote) Mary-25961 said:

Yes people in the over 55 belong to the Internet dating world, because whatever age bracket you are in, one must be open to all possibilities. Yet, at the same time, one must be open to the pluses and minuses of the Internet dating world and that everyone is not who they say they are and personalities may not always be sterling.

I have reaped the benefits of CM formerly St. Raphael's, establishing a Catholic Community. I truly believe that this site is ordained by God and as my beloved Fr. Benedict Groschel stated so many times about himself before he got up to speak "Look what the Lord can do with a jawbone of an ass." (No offense Admin, you are in great company ;)) I think this describes the site in that the Lord has shed many abundant graces on this site and through this site to many people. Even with all changes becoming more and more secular in trying to keep up with the changing world of Internet dating, I cannot say that it is still not held in God's hand and that blessings are not still flowing. This is still the best site out there and that is due to the fact of Admin who tries their best and through the Lord it continues to grow.

Every Sunday and Tuesday nights we have our telephone conference calls and prayers go up for Admin as well as all the people on the site. This is a pretty awesome thing and God is hearing our prayers at the moment of grace that He knows.

I think that everyone of us have to take responbility for where we are in regards to Internet Dating and to keep our minds and hearts open.
We have to "take the best and leave the rest."

--hide--
Nicely put, Mary!
Sep 1st 2012 new
(Quote) John-666618 said: Changes are being made here that tell me our presence is not wanted. We have seen the saints names removed, the...

--hide--
Whereas I can certainly understand your point of view, Mary's spin on this has merit. We need to remember that the Holy Spirit is bigger than what we can imagine. Internet dating may be a little easier for the under 40 crowd, but in the end I believe we're all looking for the same thing. Technology should be an adjunct in the process, not a deterrent.
Sep 1st 2012 new
I feel this is 1 of many instruments to meet people.I do not look at the internet as the only way to

meet others.Even CM might have a few wierdos to avoid????
Sep 1st 2012 new

John-

I do not know if I belong on this site or not. Whether those of us over 55 do or not - I don't know. A good question to ask. It is very difficult to communicate truly effectively this way and I don't find people who really want to get to know one another. It all seems very superficial.

People need to really reach out and be willing to take chances. I haven't found that.

Maybe it's just a bad day.

Posts 11 - 20 of 162