Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

09/27/2012 new

(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said: I am 67 years old. The odds are from 10 to 0 that any one guy, young or old, would ...
(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said:

I am 67 years old. The odds are from 10 to 0 that any one guy, young or old, would pick me up for a date. It is a fact that men, young or old, would love to date younger, prettier women. If asked why? It just make them feel young again. What took most of my time in a dating website (I was in match.com and Seniorpeople meet.com) is reading the profiles of all the members and joining the forums or chat room. It broadens my horizon about understanding humanity, and as a self-published book author, I found this experience as enriching to my career. In all honesty, I do not wish to have a relationship again. I am leaning towards helping out others or maybe as a counselor. Talking of weirdos, they abound in every dating website. Some group in Nigeria are using pictures of American male to scam the lady members for financial help. Most of the victims are women 55 years and older. If this happens to you, trace their IP addresses. (google how to trace an IP address.)Maybe CM is aware that online dating is not good for anyone older that 55. !. they are vulnerable to flatteries and 2. distance is a hindrance. I would advice those over 55 years old - find your man in you own parish or the neigboring parish within 5 miles radius.

--hide--

I think it's a generality to say that those over 55 are "vulnerable to flatteries". I do believe that certain people of any age are vulnerable to that; that characteristic isn't limited to a certain age. Someone else would say that those over 55 are more jaded or on guard and therefore would doubt any good word said to them.

09/28/2012 new

(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said:very interesting information not only for me but some of my daughters, got to watch over all of them even tho...
(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said:very interesting information not only for me but some of my daughters, got to watch over all of them even though they are adults

I am 67 years old. The odds are from 10 to 0 that any one guy, young or old, would pick me up for a date. It is a fact that men, young or old, would love to date younger, prettier women. If asked why? It just make them feel young again. What took most of my time in a dating website (I was in match.com and Seniorpeople meet.com) is reading the profiles of all the members and joining the forums or chat room. It broadens my horizon about understanding humanity, and as a self-published book author, I found this experience as enriching to my career. In all honesty, I do not wish to have a relationship again. I am leaning towards helping out others or maybe as a counselor. Talking of weirdos, they abound in every dating website. Some group in Nigeria are using pictures of American male to scam the lady members for financial help. Most of the victims are women 55 years and older. If this happens to you, trace their IP addresses. (google how to trace an IP address.)Maybe CM is aware that online dating is not good for anyone older that 55. !. they are vulnerable to flatteries and 2. distance is a hindrance. I would advice those over 55 years old - find your man in you own parish or the neigboring parish within 5 miles radius.

--hide--

10/22/2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: Changes are being made here that tell me our presence is not wanted. We have seen the saints names...
(Quote) John-666618 said:

Changes are being made here that tell me our presence is not wanted. We have seen the saints names removed, the religious graphics removed, and essentially, traditional elements removed. Our discussion threads are moved to common areas, losing the perspective we bring and sending us into the world of people who have not come from the same society we came from. The men are continually told that the ladies want us to live and pursue according to the societal norms we grew up with, but we are trying to apply all that to long distance, Internet dating.

We have seen time and again that many of the people under 40 are very comfortable with the role reversals that help this system work and they generally don’t mind the weakening of the Catholic identity of this site. (Undoubtedly someone will tell us the identity has not been weakened, regardless of what many of us have said.) It is usually the older women who say the guys are wrong and don’t know what they want the older guys who complain that the women don’t know what THEY want.

So my question is this: Do people over 55 belong in the Internet dating world?

--hide--

John, I think we belong everywhere we want to, just as the younger people do. Why not?? I think the search tool is a little lacking and we could use a little more flexibility in how we're matched. I also don't understand what you mean by the role reversals that help the system work? Please explain it to me, bacause I am not getting you. I am unsure about what changes are being made here that you refer to and why our presence is not wanted.

10/22/2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: I think it's a generality to say that those over 55 are "vulnerable to flatteries...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

I think it's a generality to say that those over 55 are "vulnerable to flatteries". I do believe that certain people of any age are vulnerable to that; that characteristic isn't limited to a certain age. Someone else would say that those over 55 are more jaded or on guard and therefore would doubt any good word said to them.

--hide--

I am just being careful and I know what kind of guy I'd like and which ones I don't, but I don't feel as though I am "on guard." I am trying to approach this whole thing with a very open mind and willingness to give everyone a fair chance.

10/22/2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: No, people over 55 do not belong in the Internet dating world. They belong behind closed doors...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

No, people over 55 do not belong in the Internet dating world.
They belong behind closed doors in holy pairs, living joyful married lives.
It should happen to all of us here.

--hide--

OK, you devilish you!! wink heart cookie

10/22/2012 new

(Quote) Tessa-694373 said: I think all ages should be allow to be on the site...but I think the 55+ men should look for woem...
(Quote) Tessa-694373 said:

I think all ages should be allow to be on the site...but I think the 55+ men should look for woemn their own age...trust me a legit uder 50 year old wo,man does not want to date a older man..so quit asking

--hide--

Tessa, I don't think you have a right to say who the men 55+ should date. It so happens that sometimes younger women like the older men and older women like younger men. You are wrong to state that younger women do not want to date older men. You are dead wrong. You may not want to, but others do.

10/22/2012 new

Yes, it would be nice, but it isn't happening.

10/29/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: There is also a list arranged (somewhat) by characteristic rather than alphabetically:
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

There is also a list arranged (somewhat) by characteristic rather than alphabetically:

cm.catholocity.net

--hide--

WOW!!! clap Bow lil mikie Thanks Jerry, I have been wishing for something like that so I can print it off! But didn't know quite how to go about making one. You're awesome! thumbsup highfive So where does a person find stuff like this on the site?

10/29/2012 new

[quote]Elizabeth-462557 said:

I have learned to do out of necessity. Since my husband died, I have repaired

Your willingness to do what has to be done regardless of traditional gender roles is most attractive. Many of us men do not sympathise with the "helpless" type of woman.

10/29/2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: So my question is this: Do people over 55 belong in the Internet dating world?
(Quote) John-666618 said:

So my question is this: Do people over 55 belong in the Internet dating world?

--hide--

Of course we do. (I'm close enough to that magic age to say so.)

No one is trying to drive older members off CM. The things you described don't seem designed to alienate older members. I think it's a matter of faulty perception, of reading things into the situation which are not there.

Posts 141 - 150 of 162