Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

09/01/2012 new

(Quote) Bobbie-557829 said: I feel this is 1 of many instruments to meet people.I do not look at the internet as the only way to
(Quote) Bobbie-557829 said: I feel this is 1 of many instruments to meet people.I do not look at the internet as the only way to

meet others.Even CM might have a few wierdos to avoid????
--hide--
A few "wierdos?"? I don't know about just a few (wierdos) laughing laughing laughing

09/01/2012 new

There are definitely some weirdos on CM who should be approached with caution But for every one of them, I have probably met 5 or 6 incredible ladies, too. You have to take the good with the bad, just like with everything else in life.

09/01/2012 new

And... Outside of the internet, the options are??????? Nothing.. Zip Zero Nada.. We have a group at church for the over 55 crowd.. It's all married couples.. I still ended up attending events and going home alone, so I stopped going..

09/01/2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: And... Outside of the internet, the options are??????? Nothing.. Zip Zero Nada.. We have a group a...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

And... Outside of the internet, the options are??????? Nothing.. Zip Zero Nada.. We have a group at church for the over 55 crowd.. It's all married couples.. I still ended up attending events and going home alone, so I stopped going..

--hide--

You'd better be going home alone... unless the event is your wedding!!

faint

09/01/2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: Changes are being made here that tell me our presence is not wanted. We have seen the saints names...
(Quote) John-666618 said:

Changes are being made here that tell me our presence is not wanted. We have seen the saints names removed, the religious graphics removed, and essentially, traditional elements removed. Our discussion threads are moved to common areas, losing the perspective we bring and sending us into the world of people who have not come from the same society we came from. The men are continually told that the ladies want us to live and pursue according to the societal norms we grew up with, but we are trying to apply all that to long distance, Internet dating.

We have seen time and again that many of the people under 40 are very comfortable with the role reversals that help this system work and they generally don’t mind the weakening of the Catholic identity of this site. (Undoubtedly someone will tell us the identity has not been weakened, regardless of what many of us have said.) It is usually the older women who say the guys are wrong and don’t know what they want the older guys who complain that the women don’t know what THEY want.

So my question is this: Do people over 55 belong in the Internet dating world?

--hide--

You are right, the holy graphics of our saints and the elements of our faith were replaced with an elementary symbolism, making it a common generalized picture as the world sees it.

Our Catholic identity is to behold each one of us, as we remember that we are a people who is set apart from the world.

Our Holy Father already has warned us to be very careful of posting on the Internet, in fear that we may be losing parts of our own integrity, and with that I must agree with him, the truth prevails all things.
Do we belong?
Of course we do John.

09/01/2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Yes, if only to p*** off the youngsters.
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

Yes, if only to p*** off the youngsters.

--hide--

Haha Lina . . this made me LOL!!!

09/01/2012 new

(Quote) Peggy-755976 said: Haha Lina . . this made me LOL!!!
(Quote) Peggy-755976 said:

Haha Lina . . this made me LOL!!!

--hide--

You think she was joking? laughing laughing laughing laughing

09/01/2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: There are definitely some weirdos on CM who should be approached with caution But for every one of...
(Quote) John-666618 said:

There are definitely some weirdos on CM who should be approached with caution But for every one of them, I have probably met 5 or 6 incredible ladies, too. You have to take the good with the bad, just like with everything else in life.

--hide--

Well, this weirdo has become acquainted with and has met a few very nice people, and different sorts of people from the types I would've known otherwise, so it's been a valuable experience for me. I'm grateful they overcame their caution.

09/01/2012 new

I think that we need to get along with modern times and the internet is a faster easier way to meet people with common interests. I beleive adults do "belong" in this new era of online dating.

09/01/2012 new

Perhaps a better question is does anyone really belong in the internet dating world! Wouldn't it be nice to walk out your door, stumble and fall and low and behold Mr. Right or Ms. Right is there to help you! Unfortunately that seems to only happen in the movies! So whether it be for the better or the worse..here we all are no matter what are age seeking for the same thing...our soul mate!

s

Posts 21 - 30 of 162