Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Sep 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: I was taught that a lady does not call men... And I am not sure if it was/is a wise te...
(Quote) Nancy-838315 said:

I was taught that a lady does not call men...

And I am not sure if it was/is a wise teaching... but I have found it as a useful guide in general!

I am outgoing, strong willed, and can be quite opinionated... at times... I can also be quiet and aloof when in that mood! (I make myself out to be wonderful! ) I worry at times that I will dominate a man. And find men who do whatever I want or rely on me to be the initiator in communication or activities to be a turn off. I have used my mother's rule as a guide and indicator. If they are courageous enough to contact me, call me, pursue a relationship with me, then I think the man might be able to communicate with me effectively and in a way where I won't feel like I am making all the decisions or dominating him. My brothers tease me about this! They pray that I find a man "who will put me in my place." They, of course, say this in a teasing manner and do not mean it in the derogatory manner as the phrase is intended. They want me to find a loving, holy man who happens to be of an equally strong will!

--hide--

I am pretty strong willed. I am strong willed in going after my interests and my work. I think we have to be in this day and age to get through various parts of our lives in the working world and in society in general. I think that we all hope to meet a man we can trust to lead. How does that sound?

Sep 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Yes, we were told by our mothers that "Girls do not call boys." TRUE! Do you think I li...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Yes, we were told by our mothers that "Girls do not call boys." TRUE! Do you think I listened? No. I am glad for the way I walked all over that. I am wondering were all the ladies here taught this from mom? Is it a Catholic way of seeing dating?

What were the men here taught from mom in this regard? Lets' discuss. I may try to reply to the last several comments in the locked thread too...

--hide--

My mom never told me to call girls, in fact, the only thing I can recall at this moment is that she told me to be a good communicator because it will be an important trait when I marry. Then again I was stonewalling her at the time and I was a teenager who was angry at the time. Anyway, she left the advice column on dating to my dad for the most part. Although, she did show great disappointment when I showed up at home with a hickey on my neck after a date. Can't remember exactly what she told me, but basically, it wasn't a good thing to let my girlfriend do that to me and that I shouldn't do that to her.

Sep 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Tara-539245 said: Lol!!! I hear things like, You need a man who can handle you... Or, I see why you don't need a man. L...
(Quote) Tara-539245 said: Lol!!! I hear things like, You need a man who can handle you... Or, I see why you don't need a man. Lol Ummmmm..... Is there a support club we can join? Lol
--hide--

Oh, Tara! I wonder sometimes! laughing laughing

Sep 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: I am pretty strong willed. I am strong willed in going after my interests and my work...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

I am pretty strong willed. I am strong willed in going after my interests and my work. I think we have to be in this day and age to get through various parts of our lives in the working world and in society in general. I think that we all hope to meet a man we can trust to lead. How does that sound?

--hide--

Marian! I agree! hug

Sep 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: I am outgoing, strong willed, and can be quite opinionated... at times... I can also be quiet and...
(Quote) Nancy-838315 said:

I am outgoing, strong willed, and can be quite opinionated... at times... I can also be quiet and aloof when in that mood! (I make myself out to be wonderful! ) I worry at times that I will dominate a man. And find men who do whatever I want or rely on me to be the initiator in communication or activities to be a turn off. I have used my mother's rule as a guide and indicator. If they are courageous enough to contact me, call me, pursue a relationship with me, then I think the man might be able to communicate with me effectively and in a way where I won't feel like I am making all the decisions or dominating him. My brothers tease me about this! They pray that I find a man "who will put me in my place." They, of course, say this in a teasing manner and do not mean it in the derogatory manner as the phrase is intended. They want me to find a loving, holy man who happens to be of an equally strong will!

--hide--

Nancy, you sound just like me! If I wasn't (a little) older than you, I'd think we were twins. wink

In fact, I was told that some women can be a handful but my guy would need to use both hands. laughing

Nothing wrong with being a little fiesty, right?

Sep 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: Yes, we were told by our mothers that "Girls...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Yes, we were told by our mothers that "Girls do not call boys." TRUE! Do you think I listened? No. I am glad for the way I walked all over that. I am wondering were all the ladies here taught this from mom? Is it a Catholic way of seeing dating?

What were the men here taught from mom in this regard? Lets' discuss. I may try to reply to the last several comments in the locked thread too...

My mom never told me to call girls, in fact, the only thing I can recall at this moment is that she told me to be a good communicator because it will be an important trait when I marry. Then again I was stonewalling her at the time and I was a teenager who was angry at the time. Anyway, she left the advice column on dating to my dad for the most part. Although, she did show great disappointment when I showed up at home with a hickey on my neck after a date. Can't remember exactly what she told me, but basically, it wasn't a good thing to let my girlfriend do that to me and that I shouldn't do that to her.

--hide--

I see a lot of hickies when I teach high school and possibly middle school (upper middle).

Sep 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Susie-550311 said: Nancy, you sound just like me! If I wasn't (a little) older than you, I'd think ...
(Quote) Susie-550311 said:

Nancy, you sound just like me! If I wasn't (a little) older than you, I'd think we were twins.

In fact, I was told that some women can be a handful but my guy would need to use both hands.

--hide--

There ya go, ladies. There's four of you, you can start a group. You could be the "my guy will need to use both hands" group. laughing boggled eyepopping Or the "nothing wrong with being a little fiesty" group. tongue Or the "only strong willed men need apply to date us" group. laughing Anyway you call it, it's definitely a group awesome women of God.

Sep 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: My mom never told me to call girls, in fact, the only thing I can recall at this moment...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

--hide--

Hickeys...that looks better..

I was fortunate to get to teach believe it or not on one of Carl Sandbergs poems on Friday at a high school where I subbed. I was able to teach on the topic of "love!" That was a great experience.

Sep 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: (Quote) Susie-550311 said: Nancy, you sound just like me! If I wasn...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

Quote:
Susie-550311 said:

Nancy, you sound just like me! If I wasn't (a little) older than you, I'd think we were twins.

In fact, I was told that some women can be a handful but my guy would need to use both hands.

There ya go, ladies. There's four of you, you can start a group. You could be the "my guy will need to use both hands" group. Or the "nothing wrong with being a little fiesty" group. Or the "only strong willed men need apply to date us" group. Anyway you call it, it's definitely a group awesome women of God.

--hide--

NWBLF group...

Sep 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Susie-550311 said: Nancy, you sound just like me! If I wasn't (a little) older than you, I'd think ...
(Quote) Susie-550311 said:

--hide--

Hi Susie!!! hug So nice to "meet" you! That spunkiness and playfulness comes with a good and loving heart and to-death loyalty! laughing laughing laughing Life is beautiful!

Posts 21 - 30 of 80