Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

09/03/2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Kat,As always, Ray offered a warm and moving post which is so very true. Yesterday...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Kat,

As always, Ray offered a warm and moving post which is so very true.

Yesterday for 12 hours, I was with my daughter and her family at a bazaar in the country and later at their home. Kim called and wanted me to ride with them.

Later in the day at the bazaar, she ran into a friend, brought her over and introduced the two of us. During the intro, she had her hand in my left one. Afterwards, I thought here is my 29 year old daughter, married and with God's help gave birth to my two grandchildren and still proud to be around her dad. A short time later, I went into the church and said some prayers thanking God again for Kim and my son Steven.

Kim is married to a wonderful man and both doing very well in this economy. She is a teacher, her husband in his own business that keeps growing bigger each year, 2 children and still has time for her dad. No, they don't forget or at least mine thus far have not shown they have forgotten. Even though Kim has a wonderful spouse, she will always be my one and only daughter - always.

I thank God for allowing me to experience such a wonderful feeling and blessing me with two wonderful children. Those who have children in their developmental stages, I pray one day you also can look back and experience those same feelings. (P. S. - for the English teachers, my apologies for so many participles in first sentence of this paragraph most of which are probably dangling).

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--

Thank you Leon. You must be a wonderful father ! Bless you!! biggrin

09/03/2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Kat,As always, Ray offered a warm and moving post which is so very true. Yesterday...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Kat,

As always, Ray offered a warm and moving post which is so very true.

Yesterday for 12 hours, I was with my daughter and her family at a bazaar in the country and later at their home. Kim called and wanted me to ride with them.

Later in the day at the bazaar, she ran into a friend, brought her over and introduced the two of us. During the intro, she had her hand in my left one. Afterwards, I thought here is my 29 year old daughter, married and with God's help gave birth to my two grandchildren and still proud to be around her dad. A short time later, I went into the church and said some prayers thanking God again for Kim and my son Steven.

Kim is married to a wonderful man and both doing very well in this economy. She is a teacher, her husband in his own business that keeps growing bigger each year, 2 children and still has time for her dad. No, they don't forget or at least mine thus far have not shown they have forgotten. Even though Kim has a wonderful spouse, she will always be my one and only daughter - always.

I thank God for allowing me to experience such a wonderful feeling and blessing me with two wonderful children. Those who have children in their developmental stages, I pray one day you also can look back and experience those same feelings. (P. S. - for the English teachers, my apologies for so many participles in first sentence of this paragraph most of which are probably dangling).

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--

Thank you Leon. You must be a wonderful father ! Bless you!! biggrin

09/03/2012 new

(Quote) Laura-857740 said: (Quote) Laura-857740 said: (Quote) Kat-881112 said: 'mom, i w...
(Quote) Laura-857740 said: [quote]Laura-857740 said: [quote]Kat-881112 said:

'mom, i will use men's lotion please, please don't buy me the johnson and johnson baby lotion anymore'

'mom, pls listen to this,, i am making a song for julianne' (his crush)

'mom, what do you think, should i host a birthday party for julianne?'

'change of plan mom, i am not going to that country for college, i am going to whereever julianne goes'

'mom, pls don't order me kid's meal whenever we go to mcdonalds anymore.. i'd like to have the big mac pls, and large fries'

'mom, please don't buy me those undies with mickey mouse anymore, let's check out the men's section'

..... Gab, 10 year old

How about...ok honey, give mom a kiss.........NO WAY.

--hide--

laughing laughing

09/03/2012 new

(Quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said: Oh yes within a wink of an eye.My husband died when mine were 5,3 and 1.Now they are 23,21...
(Quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said:

Oh yes within a wink of an eye.My husband died when mine were 5,3 and 1.Now they are 23,21 and 19.Thanking God all the way and asking him to bless those who have supported us unconditionally(God's little angels)

--hide--

wink biggrin

Wow Sherrill.. 3 grown ups!! Bless you!!

09/03/2012 new

(Quote) Michael-556947 said: dont wave to me at the bus stop anymore . he thirteen
(Quote) Michael-556947 said:

dont wave to me at the bus stop anymore . he thirteen

--hide--

laughing

Thank you Michael.. True, once we are in public, we parents have to behave.. no public display of affection... LOL

09/03/2012 new
But don't forget the lines that made you laugh..... After riding the rollar coaster Magnum at cedar point.....son says "man, that never gets old!". Son you've only rode it twice now
09/03/2012 new

Good for you!! Allow him to grow. Let him know he can trust you and confide in you.

09/03/2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Good for you!! Allow him to grow. Let him know he can trust you and confide in you.
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Good for you!! Allow him to grow. Let him know he can trust you and confide in you.

--hide--

Thanks David :)

Gab was crying last night, just before we said our evening prayer.. he's missing Philippines very much (we just got back from vacation). As I hugged him.., I realized how blessed I was to be there with my son as he cried.. That he was able to open up to me. I did not have a perfect relationship with my mom when I was young. I held my feelings inside.. I could not be myself.. But there we were,, Gab and I hugging each other as he was going though sadness..

I am blessed. I truly am.

God is awesome!!

09/04/2012 new

heartbeat heartbeat keep loving him this way. if he feels safe sharing his innermost feelings with you, that is best. he can turn to you instead of someone else. you are a GOOD mother.

09/04/2012 new

So far my 11 yr old daughter will still show affection in public. She is often holding my hand. She still likes to match her mom, and we often have matching shoes. I know one day this will change but for now I live for every little moment with her.

God Bless all those memories that we will have as they grow up, move out and start their own families.

Posts 11 - 20 of 25