Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Sep 4th 2012 new
(Quote) Angela-893980 said: So far my 11 yr old daughter will still show affection in public. She is often holding my hand. She still li...
(Quote) Angela-893980 said:

So far my 11 yr old daughter will still show affection in public. She is often holding my hand. She still likes to match her mom, and we often have matching shoes. I know one day this will change but for now I live for every little moment with her.

God Bless all those memories that we will have as they grow up, move out and start their own families.

--hide--
shocked God bless therapy when the nest is empty!
Sep 5th 2012 new

(Quote) Angela-893980 said: So far my 11 yr old daughter will still show affection in public. She is often holding my hand. ...
(Quote) Angela-893980 said:

So far my 11 yr old daughter will still show affection in public. She is often holding my hand. She still likes to match her mom, and we often have matching shoes. I know one day this will change but for now I live for every little moment with her.

God Bless all those memories that we will have as they grow up, move out and start their own families.

--hide--

Bless you, Angela :)

Girls are more demonstrative :)

Boys are too, but not in public LOL

Sep 5th 2012 new

Enjoy and treasure these moments -- they will be with you always, especially after your son is fully grown and taking care of himself. But...no matter how much growing up he does, he will always need his mother. And he will always be your "child".

This. thumbsup Ray said it all. Thanks Ray. smile

Sep 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Kat-881112 said: 'mom, i will use men's lotion please, please don't buy me the johnson and johnson baby ...
(Quote) Kat-881112 said:

'mom, i will use men's lotion please, please don't buy me the johnson and johnson baby lotion anymore'

'mom, pls listen to this,, i am making a song for julianne' (his crush)

'mom, what do you think, should i host a birthday party for julianne?'

'change of plan mom, i am not going to that country for college, i am going to whereever julianne goes'

'mom, pls don't order me kid's meal whenever we go to mcdonalds anymore.. i'd like to have the big mac pls, and large fries'

'mom, please don't buy me those undies with mickey mouse anymore, let's check out the men's section'

..... Gab, 10 year old

The joy of being a single parent!... God is awesome!!

--hide--

Aren't sons wonderful? My son is grown now and the father of two children. I was still living in Montana when my first grandchild was born, and he kept trying to get me to move to Colorado. When the second grandchild was on the way I surrendered my life of 40 yrs of peaceful quiet living in Montana weeping and traded it for a concrete jungle....but ya gotta go where the babies are. My son sells houses as a sideline to his regular job... he found me a place to buy here in Aurora. Now he is 31 and a great dad to his kids, helps his wife with the housework and recently started a computer consulting business in addition to his full time job. When we have a good relationship with our children when they are young it does continue into their adulthood. I am very blessed.

Sep 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Deborah-550454 said: Aren't sons wonderful? My son is grown now and the father of two children. I was st...
(Quote) Deborah-550454 said:

Aren't sons wonderful? My son is grown now and the father of two children. I was still living in Montana when my first grandchild was born, and he kept trying to get me to move to Colorado. When the second grandchild was on the way I surrendered my life of 40 yrs of peaceful quiet living in Montana and traded it for a concrete jungle....but ya gotta go where the babies are. My son sells houses as a sideline to his regular job... he found me a place to buy here in Aurora. Now he is 31 and a great dad to his kids, helps his wife with the housework and recently started a computer consulting business in addition to his full time job. When we have a good relationship with our children when they are young it does continue into their adulthood. I am very blessed.

--hide--

Bless you, Deborah! You raised him well!

Blessings!!

Posts 21 - 25 of 25