Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Anne-605874 said: My children attend the catholic school here where I also grew up. It is my faith community and my ...
(Quote) Anne-605874 said:

My children attend the catholic school here where I also grew up. It is my faith community and my home, but sometimes I still feel so out of place among all the married couples and two parents families.

Most of the events are couples or two parent family oriented and its hard to show up alone...I know, sadly, that all those couples and marriages are not perfect, but at least they are not sitting at the holiday concert alone again! or worse I am sitting with my parents!

Anybody else feel this way?

--hide--
Hi Anne, I'm not sure of the significance of it being Catholic school rather than public school for feeling out of place. My son has gone to both. I loved having him in Catholic school but couldn't afford it after I moved to PA. In either school, it has been hard being a single mom. At least here, I drag my mom with me to all of his functions, so I am never alone for the most part. To tell you the truth, I'd much rather be alone at his functions than with an abusive spouse....that is how I look at it. Now, it I could find a wonderful Christian loving step dad to attend the functions with me that would be even better but so far the guys I've met on here haven't really been interested enough or Catholic enough, so it looks like I'll keep doing it as a single mom for a few more years. It goes by fast anyway.

Posts 41 - 41 of 41