Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Sep 18th 2012 new

Hi Monique, I'm interested , I want to go to Santiago de Compostela

Sep 19th 2012 new
(Quote) Monique-887436 said: Thank you for the information, Hilda. The shortest distance that would entitle to a certificate might be 100 ...
(Quote) Monique-887436 said:

Thank you for the information, Hilda. The shortest distance that would entitle to a certificate might be 100 miles, from Puente Reina to Compostela.

--hide--

Thank you Monique. The conversation you started got me to do some online research (costs, distance, etc.) so I can have general idea for the time when I'm in position to make this pilgrimage. I found a difference in the distance though; the references I found regarding "the Compostela" (the pilgrim's certificate) talked about 100 kilometes (not miles), and the shortest distance to qualify for it would be from Sarria to Compostela which is 113 km (I think this would be on the last stage of the "French Route".

I very much would like to make this pilgrimage but I have to defer it to sometime in 2015 or later, and hopefully it will also be a Jacobean Year.

gospain.about.com

heart rose
Sep 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Monique-887436 said: I plan to do El Camino a Compostela to visit the tomb of St. James, sometime early next spring or late...
(Quote) Monique-887436 said: I plan to do El Camino a Compostela to visit the tomb of St. James, sometime early next spring or late next summer and would like to know if anyone has considered doing that. My plan is to do the French route, about 500 miles, from St. Jean de Pied de Port (France) to Compostela. If you are interested, let me know. For more information, Google Compostela o El Camino, The Way, etc. There are books about the pilgrimage as well.
--hide--

Goodness Gratious!!! I've always wanted to go, and start at the little town where my family from my dad's side came from.

I will not renew my one month subscription, but would like to get more information if you are assemblying a group. My email is: mariae.navarrol@gmail.com (Maria Elena Navarro Lopez)

Bless you, Monique,

Mari

Sep 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Monique-887436 said: I plan to do El Camino a Compostela to visit the tomb of St. James, sometime early next spring or late...
(Quote) Monique-887436 said: I plan to do El Camino a Compostela to visit the tomb of St. James, sometime early next spring or late next summer and would like to know if anyone has considered doing that. My plan is to do the French route, about 500 miles, from St. Jean de Pied de Port (France) to Compostela. If you are interested, let me know. For more information, Google Compostela o El Camino, The Way, etc. There are books about the pilgrimage as well.
--hide--

Monique, I went to see a movie that was called The way, with Martin sheen and his son Emilio directed it. I really enjoyed the movie And thought if I have the time and money it would be a great Journey to go on. Have a great trip And bring a knapsack and walking stick to help you on your way.GOD bless and enjoy . Tommy

Sep 28th 2012 new
Thank you, Thomas. I saw the movie recently, as well!
Sep 28th 2012 new
I will email you, Mary.
Sep 28th 2012 new
When do you want to go? Have you done any research about it?
Sep 28th 2012 new

hug

(Quote) Monique-887436 said: When do you want to go? Have you done any research about it?
(Quote) Monique-887436 said: When do you want to go? Have you done any research about it?
--hide--

Oct 4th 2012 new

Hi Monique--I have this same interest but probably can't do it for another few years. I've been reading all I can about it and there are great books out there by all different kinds of folks. Loved "The Way" and the film has convinced others of my friends that this is doable if practiced and planned well. Please keep me posted on your personal "Pilgrim's Progress"!

Jan 23rd 2013 new

I am considering going in April. I was also going to do the French route but am looking at the additional route from Paris. I have been considering it for years. I am trying to get my father to go ....but he may not want to. There are numerous sites to visit in that country....or nearby areas. Garabandal, Lourdes, Fatima,Avil.... to name a few.

Posts 11 - 20 of 24