Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Sep 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: As a newcomer to the CM forums, we welcome you, Kurt. If you check the "Catechetics, Ap...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

As a newcomer to the CM forums, we welcome you, Kurt.

If you check the "Catechetics, Apologetics and Liturgy" room, you'll find the same topic which was started 2 months ago. I just posted something there so you won't have to dig back too far. The topic is entitled "Tattoos: A matter of faith & morals?"

It's a controversial issue among individuals, and if you read the varying opinions, you'll get the idea. In any event, there's enough food for thought in that thread.

--hide--

Do they state anything that is factual on the Church's teaching?

Sep 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Hi Mary,I am not implying my own thoughts but just giving the sources of where it cam...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

Hi Mary,
I am not implying my own thoughts but just giving the sources of where it came from. Jesus said, "I came to fulfill the law not to abolish it."
Therefore in this sense it still remains. This is not my opinion, I haven't voiced my own opinion on this matter.

--hide--

Cindy, scripture versus have many different meanings by the person who reads them. "I came to fulfill the law not to abolish it." May also mean the fullfilment of God's law and plans for humanity. Otherwise Jesus Christ would not have condemned the letter of the law that the Jewish Leader forced on the people.

Sep 3rd 2012 new

why is it that so many "religious people" focus on external attributes yet neglect the far more important internal characteristics? this frustrated jJesus and it's still a consistent attribute of many who take the faith seriously. why focus on whether a woman wears a veil or has short hair? why worry about the outward form when the interior is so much more important? why???????

Sep 4th 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: why is it that so many "religious people" focus on external attributes yet neglect the ...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

why is it that so many "religious people" focus on external attributes yet neglect the far more important internal characteristics? this frustrated jJesus and it's still a consistent attribute of many who take the faith seriously. why focus on whether a woman wears a veil or has short hair? why worry about the outward form when the interior is so much more important? why???????

--hide--
Why, David, I do believe you were awake during Sunday's Gospel reading. This was also the theme of our pastor's homily.

Sep 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-25961 said: Do they state anything that is factual on the Church's teaching?
(Quote) Mary-25961 said:

Do they state anything that is factual on the Church's teaching?

--hide--
There was an Old Testament quote, but all-in-all, there really isn't anything definitive about non-offensive tattoos specifically mentioned in the Bible.

Sep 4th 2012 new

Search tattoos, as the bearer of several, I've been interested. I think there is one more besides the one Ray mentioned. There is some really interesting information, as well as some heated debate!! If you can't find the second one, let us know. I'll dig it up. heart

Sep 4th 2012 new

(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said: Search tattoos, as the bearer of several, I've been interested. I think there is one more...
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:

Search tattoos, as the bearer of several, I've been interested. I think there is one more besides the one Ray mentioned. There is some really interesting information, as well as some heated debate!! If you can't find the second one, let us know. I'll dig it up.

--hide--

Hi AnneMarie,

Yes you are correct in your finds, I also have been reading on a search, it is interesting. What did you find?

Sep 4th 2012 new

Here is the one that Ray was referencing - I think.

www.catholicmatch.com

and a slightly older one. I think you will find some excellent references in these Cindy, for both sides of the argument.

www.catholicmatch.com

heart

Sep 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Hi Mary,I am not implying my own thoughts but just giving the sources of where it cam...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

Hi Mary,
I am not implying my own thoughts but just giving the sources of where it came from. Jesus said, "I came to fulfill the law not to abolish it."
Therefore in this sense it still remains. This is not my opinion, I haven't voiced my own opinion on this matter.

--hide--

That would mean that we follow the pork and seafood rules, too? Then that means no catfish during Lent or Shrimp as they don't have fins and scales. . . just saying.

Sep 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Lynn-189934 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Hi Mary,I am not implying my own tho...
(Quote) Lynn-189934 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

Hi Mary,

That would mean that we follow the pork and seafood rules, too? Then that means no catfish during Lent or Shrimp as they don't have fins and scales. . . just saying.

--hide--

laughing Yes, I would guess so, like everything else, choose the ones you want to do or not. I have to read on, but this one in particular was given to us by God, for He said, I am the Lord, your God. He doesn't explain why, except to say what not to do, because He doesn't have to, He is our Father.

Posts 11 - 20 of 40