Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Nov 14th 2012 new

This sounds like fun. Depending on date and location and bottom $line.

Nov 14th 2012 new

I would like to come to this one

Nov 15th 2012 new
I'm interested!
Nov 15th 2012 new
UPDATE: Looks like we have enough interest for this event. Weekends seem pretty split between the 2. Honestly, either one is fine with me so I will see if there's an event that pulls one way or the other. There are TONS of hotels around here of all price ranges. If you drive then you're options are wide open - or I'm sure folks can find the same hotel to stay in. As I mentioned, the Town Square Marriott in Sugar land is very safe, in the middle of a square that has everything you'd need, close to highway 59, etc. I've got an office day tomorrow so I'll do some research on events and let everyone know. Have a super evening, Susie
Nov 15th 2012 new
(Quote) Susie-550311 said: Since Texas is on my list of states that I have to visit, I am considering this trip. Are there hotels that yo...
(Quote) Susie-550311 said:

Since Texas is on my list of states that I have to visit, I am considering this trip. Are there hotels that you would recommend?

--hide--
Susie, you already have a room reserved...at my house! You're always welcomed if you ever head down this way.
Nov 15th 2012 new
(Quote) Susie-890857 said: UPDATE: Looks like we have enough interest for this event. Weekends seem pretty split between the 2. Honestly, e...
(Quote) Susie-890857 said: UPDATE: Looks like we have enough interest for this event. Weekends seem pretty split between the 2. Honestly, either one is fine with me so I will see if there's an event that pulls one way or the other. There are TONS of hotels around here of all price ranges. If you drive then you're options are wide open - or I'm sure folks can find the same hotel to stay in. As I mentioned, the Town Square Marriott in Sugar land is very safe, in the middle of a square that has everything you'd need, close to highway 59, etc. I've got an office day tomorrow so I'll do some research on events and let everyone know. Have a super evening, Susie
--hide--
Susie from sugarland, Lights in the heights is sat dec 8 and its one of the more unique traditions in Houston. I've also been to Moody gardens Christmas lights as well. That one has a more family feel but fun as well. Also, the skating rink at Discovery Green is opened. Susie from Washington would laugh at this Texas version of a rink. That's my 2cents.
Nov 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-731971 said: By the way, my friends and I are putting together a Catholic singles series of symposiums at our...
(Quote) Brenda-731971 said:

By the way, my friends and I are putting together a Catholic singles series of symposiums at our church. Please message me if you're interested and I can send you the details.

--hide--

Brenda I am interested in the symposiums. Pleases send me details.

Nov 15th 2012 new

Since December is pretty close, will you be posting more info on the Houston Lights in the Heights. Keep me posted.

Nov 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Susie-890857 said: UPDATE: Looks like we have enough interest for this event. Weekends seem pretty split between the 2. Hon...
(Quote) Susie-890857 said: UPDATE: Looks like we have enough interest for this event. Weekends seem pretty split between the 2. Honestly, either one is fine with me so I will see if there's an event that pulls one way or the other. There are TONS of hotels around here of all price ranges. If you drive then you're options are wide open - or I'm sure folks can find the same hotel to stay in. As I mentioned, the Town Square Marriott in Sugar land is very safe, in the middle of a square that has everything you'd need, close to highway 59, etc. I've got an office day tomorrow so I'll do some research on events and let everyone know. Have a super evening, Susie
--hide--

Susie I am also interested in coming, thanks for the offering and organizing.

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Kim-355893 said: Susie from sugarland, Lights in the heights is sat dec 8 and its one of the more unique traditions in Hous...
(Quote) Kim-355893 said: Susie from sugarland, Lights in the heights is sat dec 8 and its one of the more unique traditions in Houston. I've also been to Moody gardens Christmas lights as well. That one has a more family feel but fun as well. Also, the skating rink at Discovery Green is opened. Susie from Washington would laugh at this Texas version of a rink. That's my 2cents.
--hide--

Kim - thanks for the insight - as I'm new to the Houston area - I am trying to set this up blind! Can we work together on it? That would make it a better event since you know the activites to avoid and those to do! I'm just off 59 and 6 so not far from you - we can even meet up in advance to plan

So - yes - will get it together and nail down the weekend. Since it IS close, might be better to go with the later date of 12/14-16.

Stay tuned!!!

Susie

Posts 31 - 40 of 85