Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Susie-890857 said: Kim - thanks for the insight - as I'm new to the Houston area - I am trying...
(Quote) Susie-890857 said:

Kim - thanks for the insight - as I'm new to the Houston area - I am trying to set this up blind! Can we work together on it? That would make it a better event since you know the activites to avoid and those to do! I'm just off 59 and 6 so not far from you - we can even meet up in advance to plan

So - yes - will get it together and nail down the weekend. Since it IS close, might be better to go with the later date of 12/14-16.

Stay tuned!!!

Susie

--hide--

I have never been to Texas and it might be a fun adventure - for those who may wish to come from out of state can you please mention the closest airport and if there is taxi service from airport to hotel - distance from airport to hotel and from hotel to venues. Just so we can determine if it is a doable adventure....LOL

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Maggie-644602 said: I've never been to this, maybe someone else can tell you if it is worthwhile. http://...
(Quote) Maggie-644602 said:

I've never been to this, maybe someone else can tell you if it is worthwhile.

www.galveston.com

--hide--

I have been to Dickens on the Strand many times. It is a fun, Victorian, festival! People even dress in those times, even though I never have. This would be a fun trip, it is usually cold, but fun! (You might have to book a hotel now, before they get booked.) Veronicawave

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-871766 said: I have never been to Texas and it might be a fun adventure - for those who may wish to co...
(Quote) Donna-871766 said:

I have never been to Texas and it might be a fun adventure - for those who may wish to come from out of state can you please mention the closest airport and if there is taxi service from airport to hotel - distance from airport to hotel and from hotel to venues. Just so we can determine if it is a doable adventure....LOL

--hide--

Donna, You would like it here! I like Houma, LA, myself!! Veronica wave

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Kim-355893 said: Susie, you already have a room reserved...at my house! You're always welcomed if you ever head down th...
(Quote) Kim-355893 said: Susie, you already have a room reserved...at my house! You're always welcomed if you ever head down this way.
--hide--

Hi Kim! Let's do THIS!!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to meeting everyone!!! Ya'll just let me know asap, because I have two jobs and have to for the time off! God bless, Veronica wave

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Susie-890857 said: I did a quick google search and there are TONS of things to do - plays, nutcracker, outdoor ice s...

I did a quick google search and there are TONS of things to do - plays, nutcracker, outdoor ice skating, etc....so do people want to decide on a date and then decide on an activity or do we want to decide on an activity and find the date that matches? I want to include as many as possible in the decision so more folks show up!

Susie

--hide--

Susie, Let me know if you need help organizing. Since I am in Houston, I am only a call away! God bless you, Veronica biggrin theheart

Nov 16th 2012 new

Susie, I vote December 7 - 9th! Thank you for getting this together. I am so glad I saw this!! Veronicawave

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Susie-890857 said: Kim - thanks for the insight - as I'm new to the Houston area - I am trying...

Kim - thanks for the insight - as I'm new to the Houston area - I am trying to set this up blind! Can we work together on it? That would make it a better event since you know the activites to avoid and those to do! I'm just off 59 and 6 so not far from you - we can even meet up in advance to plan

So - yes - will get it together and nail down the weekend. Since it IS close, might be better to go with the later date of 12/14-16.

Stay tuned!!!

Susie

--hide--

The only thing about the December 14 - 16th is that it seems the closer to Christmas, people seem to get even busier! Just a thought...

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Susie-890857 said: Hello, I'm trying to gauge the interest for a TX CM get together - possibly i...

Hello,

I'm trying to gauge the interest for a TX CM get together - possibly in the Austin area since that's probably the best central location. I'd love to host in Houston but don't think as many would attend. No dates - just gauging interest for late fall.

Susie

--hide--
Soooooo, what happened to Austin?

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Daniel-634934 said: Soooooo, what happened to Austin?
(Quote) Daniel-634934 said:

--hide--

And by which major city it Sugar Land? Having never been there I am unsure of the proximity, that along with the fact that I am navigationally challenged. laughing

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-871766 said: (Quote) Daniel-634934 said: Soooooo, what happened to Austin?
(Quote) Donna-871766 said:

Quote:
Daniel-634934 said:

And by which major city it Sugar Land? Having never been there I am unsure of the proximity, that along with the fact that I am navigationally challenged.

--hide--
Hi Donna! Try looking at the SW part of Houston

Posts 41 - 50 of 85