Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

09/27/2012 new

(Quote) Matt-849404 said: Jim; Good question. I have never heard this stereotype before about Traditional Catholics. ...
(Quote) Matt-849404 said:

Jim;

Good question. I have never heard this stereotype before about Traditional Catholics. I do like your views on the Traditional Latin Mass, you are most correct in this assessment. However, it doesn't mean in any way that you're not allowed to use your God given temperament and personality. An outgoing personality is a real gift, people, especially introverted people, really need extroverts like you to get them talking, lol. Introverts aren't hermits, they value friends and time with other people as well, they just don't actively pursue it as well as extraverts. And I say this from experience. Hope this helps.

--hide--

I don't think we can automatically say that Traditionalists are introverted. People join the Trad movement for various reasons and at various times in their lives. Perhaps there is a minor corellation, But I doubt that it would be true to say All tradional Catholics are introverts. That is too much of a blanket statement to be true.

09/27/2012 new

I am an introvert, and a traditional catholic. (I would like to think I am not uptight, but I am a little biased...) I am not introverted because I am a traditional catholic; I am an introvert who happens to be a traditional catholic. Reading some of the posts here, I am not impressed. I am not anti semetic; I don't hate the Pope; and I am going to stop, because I feel a little wierd having to defend myself against some of the silly things said here. But I also want to emphasize, I am not ashamed to be a catholic who loves tradition, and I am not ashamed to have the personality of an introvert.

09/27/2012 new

(Quote) Matthew-617971 said: I am an introvert, and a traditional catholic. (I would like to think I am not uptight, but I a...
(Quote) Matthew-617971 said:

I am an introvert, and a traditional catholic. (I would like to think I am not uptight, but I am a little biased...) I am not introverted because I am a traditional catholic; I am an introvert who happens to be a traditional catholic. Reading some of the posts here, I am not impressed. I am not anti semetic; I don't hate the Pope; and I am going to stop, because I feel a little wierd having to defend myself against some of the silly things said here. But I also want to emphasize, I am not ashamed to be a catholic who loves tradition, and I am not ashamed to have the personality of an introvert.

--hide--

Of course being and introvert is fine and of course it has nothing to do with being a Traditional Catholic which you are free to be. You have nothing to be ashamed of. Absolutely nothing. Thank you for posting. You should not have to feel weird posting here. Welcome to the forums!

10/05/2012 new

(Quote) Matthew-617971 said: I am an introvert, and a traditional catholic. (I would like to think I am not uptight, but I a...
(Quote) Matthew-617971 said:

I am an introvert, and a traditional catholic. (I would like to think I am not uptight, but I am a little biased...) I am not introverted because I am a traditional catholic; I am an introvert who happens to be a traditional catholic. Reading some of the posts here, I am not impressed. I am not anti semetic; I don't hate the Pope; and I am going to stop, because I feel a little weird having to defend myself against some of the silly things said here. But I also want to emphasize, I am not ashamed to be a catholic who loves tradition, and I am not ashamed to have the personality of an introvert.

--hide--

I might agree with Matthew here, I happen to be an introvert as well as being a traditional Catholic, although I do church at home. Like Matthew I am a little shocked at some of the things said here although I have to admit that while shocking I believe that they could be true, I have been 'excomunicated' by a fellow traditionalist for example. Some of them are a little on the extreme side. . .

10/06/2012 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-902348 said: (Quote) Matthew-617971 said: I am an introvert, and a traditional cath...
(Quote) Elizabeth-902348 said:

Quote:
Matthew-617971 said:

I am an introvert, and a traditional catholic. (I would like to think I am not uptight, but I am a little biased...) I am not introverted because I am a traditional catholic; I am an introvert who happens to be a traditional catholic. Reading some of the posts here, I am not impressed. I am not anti semetic; I don't hate the Pope; and I am going to stop, because I feel a little weird having to defend myself against some of the silly things said here. But I also want to emphasize, I am not ashamed to be a catholic who loves tradition, and I am not ashamed to have the personality of an introvert.

I might agree with Matthew here, I happen to be an introvert as well as being a traditional Catholic, although I do church at home. Like Matthew I am a little shocked at some of the things said here although I have to admit that while shocking I believe that they could be true, I have been 'excomunicated' by a fellow traditionalist for example. Some of them are a little on the extreme side. . .

--hide--

Shocked by what is said here? I need to re-read. Yes there were a few shocking comments. Bless you for posting and please post more often! Welcome!

10/06/2012 new

(Quote) Tim-734178 said: And i have attended the Ordinary form of the Mass several times a year since the mid 80's. There i obs...
(Quote) Tim-734178 said: And i have attended the Ordinary form of the Mass several times a year since the mid 80's. There i observe constant noise before during and after Mass usually about sports or gossip. Altar girls playing with their hair and wearing scandalous clothing under the robes. Priest who sit while hordes of lay men and women distribute communion to a handful of people. Music appropriate for a pub. People running willy nilly to shake someones hand, the use of home made breads and wine for the concecration ( bread had NUTS in it). Priests giving general absolution and telling people it counts for going to confession. Do i need to go on? The "average parish" has its nuts too. Pope haters, bishop haters, abortion fanatics, even anti semites. So to make a blanket statement about Trad Catholics is disengenuous at best.
--hide--

I can't tell you how tired I am of even hearing the elderly treating the pews like theater seats before mass. I hate to be so rigid but It USED toi be that people prayed before mass and socialized after mass. It used to be that we were in the presence of our Lord. theheart

Home made bread with nuts in it?

10/06/2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: I've been going 2 or 3 times a year since the 1980's. The crowds are mmor eo...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

I've been going 2 or 3 times a year since the 1980's. The crowds are mmor eor less the same. Along with many good and devout people, a substantial minority of those in attendance were bitter malcontents, pharisees, conspiracy-obsessed nuts, and rabid Jew-haters.

--hide--

I have not gone yet. I don't know if I can get through it without knowing where I am .....Are you able to follow the mass when you go? I probably shoudl stop talking and go try it out...

10/06/2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: I have not gone yet. I don't know if I can get through it without knowing where I am .......
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

I have not gone yet. I don't know if I can get through it without knowing where I am .....Are you able to follow the mass when you go? I probably shoudl stop talking and go try it out...

--hide--

Here are some resources that may be helpful:

A narrated video of the traditional Mass explaining the meaning:
youtu.be

Tips for Participating in the Traditional Latin mass:
www.mediafire.com

10/06/2012 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-902348 said: I might agree with Matthew here, I happen to be an introvert as well as being a ...
(Quote) Elizabeth-902348 said:

--hide--
You can't do Church at home ??? You need and ordained Priest to to consecrate the bread and wine into the body and blood of Jesus Christ. You excommunicate yourself if you think you can do this without an ordained Priest??? This is in any form of Catholicism that is allowed by the Church. You are making your own religion if you do mass at home???

10/06/2012 new

(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: (Quote) Elizabeth-902348 said: I might agree with Matthew he...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

Quote:
Elizabeth-902348 said:

You can't do Church at home ??? You need and ordained Priest to to consecrate the bread and wine into the body and blood of Jesus Christ. You excommunicate yourself if you think you can do this without an ordained Priest??? This is in any form of Catholicism that is allowed by the Church. You are making your own religion if you do mass at home???

--hide--

I'm sorry Thomas, I guess that maybe sounded strange the way I said that. I agree with you that only a validly ordained Priest can celebrate a Mass. I don't go to church I guess is what I should say. I will let God be my Judge.

Posts 81 - 90 of 110