Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

Sep 17th 2012 new

I think you and I must be thinking the same way. I get asked out by the really old or really, really young. I have lost any interest in trying right now. Why? Maybe it is the online thing. I want the deep friendship, the laughter, and the time to develop the fairy tale. Right or wrong, people either want to hurry things, want sex, or want me to take antidepressants. I am not depresed according to multiple doctors, but why is it that people assume that we must be broken. Yes there are periods of feeling empty and there are so many doubts.

I was married for a very long time--would have been 24 years in Nov. I don't know how to be single and doing it online seems really foreign. I feel like part of a meat market and that I must have been beten by an ugly stick because people don't even make an effort. The rules have changed and I am not sure that I am up to it. I am not a pursuer and I am wary. I am open and I believe that God has a second chapter (a very amazing event led to this belief), but maybe I will be 90. I do believe that it is possible to love between the holes of our hearts in a whole different way. I clutch that belief and I wait in hopeful expectation for God to work.

(Quote) Estrellita-895260 said: My husband and I had such a wonderful relationship and I miss him terribly. We had our ups a...
(Quote) Estrellita-895260 said:

My husband and I had such a wonderful relationship and I miss him terribly. We had our ups and downs but we were always there for each other. We had so much laughter in our relationship and now well..............I feel mostly empty. It's been a little over a year since he passed away and like a turtle I'm just beginning to poke my head out of my shell to try socializing again but at the same time I see so many break ups happening around me. My husband and I were together for 31 years. My question is, "What are the odds of finding a good relationship again?" Can it really happen twice in one lifetime? Sometimes I feel like why even try. What do you think?

--hide--

Sep 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-756196 said: I do believe that it is possible to love between the holes of our hearts in a whole different...
(Quote) Linda-756196 said:

I do believe that it is possible to love between the holes of our hearts in a whole different way.

--hide--

Linda,

I love what you said here..."to love between the holes of our hearts." It gave me a great visual. (Excuse my moment of geekity.) The light in an LED occurs when energy bounces between holes. Maybe the energy/love/life we have in us after our losses, is also a light. It is a light to share our experiences and our hope and our love with others that are just beginning the path we've worn down. It can also be the light that draws others to us. We all know that having gone through this increases our empathy and magnifies our blessings. (Think of all the things we no longer take for granted.) So, keep shining my friends! Your light is on and for whatever purpose, let it shine!

Sep 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Estrellita-895260 said: My husband and I had such a wonderful relationship and I miss him terribly. We had our ups a...

My husband and I had such a wonderful relationship and I miss him terribly. We had our ups and downs but we were always there for each other. We had so much laughter in our relationship and now well..............I feel mostly empty. It's been a little over a year since he passed away and like a turtle I'm just beginning to poke my head out of my shell to try socializing again but at the same time I see so many break ups happening around me. My husband and I were together for 31 years. My question is, "What are the odds of finding a good relationship again?" Can it really happen twice in one lifetime? Sometimes I feel like why even try. What do you think?

--hide--

A close friend of mine (74 and a widower for 7 years) was at the Reconcilation liturgy this last Lent and a lady (66 and a widow for 1 year), having bounce from two other lines for confession, ended up behind him in line. They started to talk and have been in a developing relationship ever since. Just saying

Sep 26th 2012 new

Christine your former husbands family is not being fair to you. Life is for the living and you have every right to fall in love again. You are too young to go through life alone. I was widowed young, but not as young as you, and I told my second husband I was a package deal. I lost my second husband too, but I am not giving up. In fact I am having my first face to face meeting with a gentleman from here on Thursday.

Sep 26th 2012 new
(Quote) Stephen-725391 said: A close friend of mine (74 and a widower for 7 years) was at the Reconcilation liturgy this l...
(Quote) Stephen-725391 said:

A close friend of mine (74 and a widower for 7 years) was at the Reconcilation liturgy this last Lent and a lady (66 and a widow for 1 year), having bounce from two other lines for confession, ended up behind him in line. They started to talk and have been in a developing relationship ever since. Just saying

--hide--

Thanks Stephan. I was going to ask if there were any men out there who could present a male perspective. After 58 years of joy and happiness I lost the love of my life. At my age I am not certain I could find true happiness again, but onenever knows what is instore for him. All I seek now is to find a female friend and companion to share mutual interests like a fine dinner with a good wine or a trip museum owo.
Oct 22nd 2012 new

--hide--

How wonderful! I feel exactly the same way about my husband and exactly the same way about what are the odds of finding someone like him all over again. Good luck to you and me. I was with my husband for 37 years, 2 years dating, 35 married.

Posts 11 - 16 of 16