Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

09/08/2012 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-753085 said: Wow, thanks for info. ladies. To know the process is good but I like Donna's perpective (...
(Quote) Elizabeth-753085 said:

Wow, thanks for info. ladies. To know the process is good but I like Donna's perpective (fill ou the paperwork and send it in. I tend to over think things. Sometimes, you just have to let it be in God's hands.

--hide--
I agree with you Elizabeth. You do have to let it be in God's hands, and sometimes you have to let it be in God's hands while simultaneously becoming informed of the details. This is especially true given that so many people are dating before a final annulment decision is rendered. Actually, so many are dating before they even apply for an annulment. That means so many people are dating, even though, in the eyes of the Church, they are still considered to be married to their former spouse.

That is adultery, and that is not something I would want someone else to blindly commit because I never told them the details.

I am glad that you, and Donna, did not have to get into the details. Thanks be to God that some people have a smoother experience.

Kathleen

09/13/2012 new
Wow
Posts 11 - 12 of 12