Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

10/11/2012 new

(Quote) Marirose-887295 said: Wow - you are totally, where are the men like that.
(Quote) Marirose-887295 said:

Wow - you are totally, where are the men like that.

--hide--

I saw one in the mirror the other day cool

10/11/2012 new

(Quote) Michael-556947 said: at least some of the woman here are truthful they love the bad boy . so why are they here then ...
(Quote) Michael-556947 said:

at least some of the woman here are truthful they love the bad boy . so why are they here then ?

--hide--
Your question assumes that "Bad Boys" are not good, decent, Catholic men. Bad boy doesn't mean they live outside the law, or outside the Church teachings. Bad boy is more a persona, NOT a criminal. Just my humble opinion.

10/11/2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Your question assumes that "Bad Boys" are not good, decent, Catholic men. Bad boy doesn...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Your question assumes that "Bad Boys" are not good, decent, Catholic men. Bad boy doesn't mean they live outside the law, or outside the Church teachings. Bad boy is more a persona, NOT a criminal. Just my humble opinion.

--hide--

What do you consider to be a "bad boy"?

10/11/2012 new
I have never been attracted to the "bad boy."
10/11/2012 new

I think some girls go for the bad boy because of his sense of danger and excitement. They think it will be fun to be with him. Or because they have a stubborn, rebellious streak and they know that's exactly the kind of guy they probably shouldn't date. Others because, like many have said, they want to change him. To fix him. While I can understand this to a certain extent, for myself the good guys have always been the more attractive. We are none of us perfect so when I think about the kind of guy I want, I think about a guy that can help me become a better person. I don't want to be in a relationship where I have to "fix" somebody to make them worth being with. I would prefer a relationship where we could grow stronger and closer to Christ together while working on our faults together with His help.

10/11/2012 new

(Quote) Angela-374523 said: It's interesting that you should say this. I actually have seen it play out with...
(Quote) Angela-374523 said:

It's interesting that you should say this. I actually have seen it play out with many friends and acquaintances too. However, I have wondered why those nice guys chose to become involved with a not-so-nice girl who is not interested in commitment instead of a nice girl who is interested in commitment. The behaviour of seeking out someone in need of redemption is not exclusive to some women only. Some men do it too.

And before this causes an uproar, not all women who have children out of wedlock are of questionable character. They may have been young and naive, or swept away or whatever. We should all be thankful that they chose life when confronted with the reality of having to raise a child alone.

--hide--

Absolutely, I've seen friends pass over good women for those of lesser character. I did it a couple times when much younger. Some men love to save the proverbial damsel in distress. And I'm not passing judgment on women who gave birth out of wedlock, or those whose marriages did not work out. However it's wise for men to determine whether they are truly loved or just a nice guy who fits women's needs at that time.

If one finds that they are tired of dating only bad boys/girls it's wise to take a step back and do some serious soul searching. Take a break from dating, as long as it takes. If they cannot find good ones then it's better not to date at all and move on with other aspects of life. Being without a partner is not a terrible malady that must be remedied at all costs. If they decide they just can't live without the bad ones, then fine, they should go after it with gusto. But if family and friends tune out their complaints the deserve it.

10/11/2012 new
So, I sorta wrote a mini-novel back there, but I hope some of y'all found it interesting & applicable! : )
10/11/2012 new

here we go again they say one thing then another . the topic is seeking the bad boy

10/12/2012 new
The "nice guy" is often times code for the "boring guy." I've found girls want, as a starting point, someone with whom they can have fun. Eventually, they should want more. Unfortunately, the "bad boy" can be more exciting at first, but that's not to say a good guy can't be exciting and fun and still be a gentleman with values. Excuse the poor analogy/metaphor that follows: being a good guy is like a song with good lyrics. Yes, we all want a song to have good lyrics but it's got to be catchy to some extent to get us to listen in the first place. Bad boys are the catchy songs with stupid lyrics, eventually you'll be embarrassed you liked it. If you've got good lyrics (morals), add a catchy hook to get more attention. A mature girl will go out with you for the catchy hook, but might fall in love with you for the good lyrics.
10/12/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: What do you consider to be a "bad boy"?
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

What do you consider to be a "bad boy"?

--hide--

I'm sure she thinks that your photo should appear in the enyclopedia entry for "bad boy". wink

Posts 61 - 70 of 72