Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Sep 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Laurie-770331 said: Hi Kathy, I understand your teenagers are taking advanced courses. And you have a day job. Coul...
(Quote) Laurie-770331 said:

Hi Kathy, I understand your teenagers are taking advanced courses. And you have a day job. Could you evaluate and simplify the home life? I had this experience in two stages. Once with two teens, 18 months apart; and then with my youngest one who graduated from high school last year. The last one was the most exhausting! But I enjoyed the whirlwinds. It is amazing to see them in this stage.

I slowly started shifting responsibility on how we organized ourselves at home. You can exhaust yourself mentally and physically just worrying if they got the homework done and are they ready for a test. If I could get back all the energy spent on worrying about homework, college entrance tests..etc etc... it would add 10 more years to my life. Let them take turns planning dinner a few times a week. You will feel pampered if they pick the menu, cook, and clean up ...even if you had to give them a ride to the store to grocery shop (and provide the money). Stay in the car and read a book!

My last one went away for four months to live on campus...which she hated. Now she is back at home and attending college locally. I am very happy because I missed her ...and she cooks for me. Plus I hardly ever ask if she's ready for the next test. I keep the question in my head I guess we really never stop worrying.
--hide--

Thanks, Laurie.

My kids are only 16 months apart, so I can relate. They are different as night and day and usually have activities in opposite directions. That's the part that exhausts me. Trying to coordinate getting people where they need to be. While we don't have a set schedule for them to prepare a meal, they often surprise me. (My daughter is a great quesadilla maker!) My son tried grilling steaks and the flames were shooting out of the grill so high that I had neighbors hurtling over the fence to put out the fire! While he was a little embarrassed, we laughed that a little crunch is a familiar texture! So, they help when they can. I just don't want to add ro their stress level either.

I guess I had a string of weekends where we were running constantly. I don't get much done around the house aside from the necessary things during the week, so when i can't get caught up on the weekends, i tend to stress out. I like your idea of letting them shop while I read a book! I'll see about that one. Looks like another busy weekend coming up, but we've got a couple dun things planned for all of us. And only Friday and Sunday will require me to be in two places at once!

Sep 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Liliane-677357 said: Hi Kathy, I work a full time job and have little to no support really. I am always tired from ...
(Quote) Liliane-677357 said: Hi Kathy,

I work a full time job and have little to no support really. I am always tired from doing everything and worrying. However, my me time is in the form of 30 mins I spend in adoration during my lunch break. Being a melancholic it helps to have that time alone, I guess I am lucky I work near a big hospital which has the chapel. The other thing is that I cook simple dishes during weekdays so that I can help with homework and stick to my bedtime hour whether the house is clean and chores are done or not!! I have one hour before I go to sleep and I usually get to read a book (if it is weekend I watch a movie ) and pray. I feel more relaxed with this routine even if everything is not picture perfect.

The plus side is that my babies are happy and growing well.

God bless you.
--hide--

How fortunate for you to have a chapel available! I had that when I worked for the church. The best part of the day was when we would gather for daily prayer. God bless you and your beautiful babies!

Sep 16th 2012 new

I went on a mini half day 7 hour pilgrimage yesterday, took a chartered bus sponsored by Fr. Rocky's Relevant Radio and drove to St. John's, Indiana, and went to The Shrine of Christs Passion. The church St. John the Evangelist, is beautiful, the day and weather were amazing and I met a few nice people. Prayer time was had, and yes I felt renewed.

Now as far as exercise goes, my window is about 6 to 645 am and same as you, am still reaching for that goal to go walking for my physical health !

It takes 21 days to form a habit, lets go at it tomorrow !

All my best,
Rebeccawave

Sep 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Rebecca-767861 said: I went on a mini half day 7 hour pilgrimage yesterday, took a chartered bus sponsored by Fr. Ro...
(Quote) Rebecca-767861 said:

I went on a mini half day 7 hour pilgrimage yesterday, took a chartered bus sponsored by Fr. Rocky's Relevant Radio and drove to St. John's, Indiana, and went to The Shrine of Christs Passion. The church St. John the Evangelist, is beautiful, the day and weather were amazing and I met a few nice people. Prayer time was had, and yes I felt renewed.

Now as far as exercise goes, my window is about 6 to 645 am and same as you, am still reaching for that goal to go walking for my physical health !

All my best,
Rebecca

--hide--

That sounds wonderful, Rebecca! What a great way to rejuvenate! I like the encouragement, too. Maybe we should start a CM challenge to work out. We can assign accountability partners!

Sep 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Rebecca-767861 said: ...It takes 21 days to form a habit, lets go at it tomorrow !All my best,Re...
(Quote) Rebecca-767861 said:

All my best,
Rebecca

--hide--

Who says and why wait scratchchin ?

Posts 11 - 15 of 15