Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Terry-889149 said: If we, as men, have facial hair, but our spiritual qualities of life and gentlemen-like manners a...
(Quote) Terry-889149 said:

If we, as men, have facial hair, but our spiritual qualities of life and gentlemen-like manners are in place, do you, as women, pass us over just for a littel facial hair?

--hide--

I definitely would NOT!

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Jonathan-903357 said: yes there are some of us under 45 that have facial hair!
(Quote) Jonathan-903357 said:

yes there are some of us under 45 that have facial hair!

--hide--

My 30's something son grows a beard in the winter time. He's had "lambchops" as well. I see nothing wrong with it at all.

Mar 16th 2013 new

I think you mean "muttonchops".

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I think you mean "muttonchops".
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

I think you mean "muttonchops".

--hide--

You're right, Marge! biggrin laughing

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Lorrie-735074 said: Hi all, I don't see many men under 45 with facial hair. I'm wondering if there ar...
(Quote) Lorrie-735074 said:

Hi all,

I don't see many men under 45 with facial hair. I'm wondering if there are women who like men over 45 with facial hair? I love beards and it's hard to find a man who has facial hair. I was thinking it might be a good box to have on preferences along with hair color for facial hair. Do you like facial hair?

Lorrie

--hide--

scratchchin

Not usually, but I have found that on some men, it really fits.

Kate

Mar 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Lorrie-735074 said: Hi all, ...... I love beards and it's hard to find a man who has facial hair.
(Quote) Lorrie-735074 said:

Hi all,

...... I love beards and it's hard to find a man who has facial hair.

Lorrie

--hide--

Thannk you, Lorrie! I've has this beard (okay, it used to be darker) since I was 25 and only known one woman, when I was in my 30s, who asked me to shave it off.

Men are told to NEVER go on a job interview with facial hair, and that women almost universally dislike it. Does the style of the FH make a difference? I have noticed that when I walk across the campus of the local private college, students address me as 'professor' irrespective of my dress, and I confess I rather like it (no, I'm not an academic much less a professor).

What's the consensus among the women here on CM?

Mar 23rd 2013 new

Steven, I think you look very distinctive with your beard--& you certainly could pass for a professor!

Mar 23rd 2013 new
(Quote) Carol-737878 said: You're right, Marge!
(Quote) Carol-737878 said:

You're right, Marge!

--hide--
I call them lamb chops too and now see the error of my ways! HaHaHa!
Mar 23rd 2013 new
(Quote) Steven-924301 said: Thannk you, Lorrie! I've has this beard (okay, it used to be darker) since I was 25 and only know...
(Quote) Steven-924301 said:

Thannk you, Lorrie! I've has this beard (okay, it used to be darker) since I was 25 and only known one woman, when I was in my 30s, who asked me to shave it off.

Men are told to NEVER go on a job interview with facial hair, and that women almost universally dislike it. Does the style of the FH make a difference? I have noticed that when I walk across the campus of the local private college, students address me as 'professor' irrespective of my dress, and I confess I rather like it (no, I'm not an academic much less a professor).

What's the consensus among the women here on CM?

--hide--
The grey beard looks good on your face but what do we have to compare it with? Do you have dimples under there? Scars like a pirate? Just letting my imagination wander a little....Eileen
Mar 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: The grey beard looks good on your face but what do we have to compare it with? Do you have dimples unde...
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: The grey beard looks good on your face but what do we have to compare it with? Do you have dimples under there? Scars like a pirate? Just letting my imagination wander a little....Eileen
--hide--

I do have some scars from a rather bad dog bite in my early 20s - that was one reason I grew it. It was that, or claim dueling scars from my (imaginary) student days in Heidelberg. Dimples, I have no idea!

Posts 101 - 110 of 123