Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Sep 13th 2012 new

I LOVE facial hair on men! lovestruck! Blinded by love faint cupid I've always tended to like hairy men... odd, I know. I think it's a testosterone thing or something! embarassed scratchchin

That said, I wouldn't pass up a decent, hairless man.... as I hope a man wouldn't pass me up because he prefers long hair! It's a superficial thing that is (sometimes embarassed) changeable.

Sep 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Marirose-887295 said: If it is kept up neat, love it.
(Quote) Marirose-887295 said:

If it is kept up neat, love it.

--hide--

I do appreciate a nice, full, well-kept beard on a man (give me Grizzly Adams any day!) I am not as enthusiastic about a goatee, though. That said, if I like the person, I would want him to do what he us happy with. If my spouse wanted me to change my hairstyle to something he liked, I would do that for him.

Sep 13th 2012 new
No grizzly Adams thank you.I like clean shaven or neatly trimmed mustache!!!
Sep 13th 2012 new

Personally, it doesn't matter what I like or don't like. I have a different problem. Unfortunately for me, my skin is so extremely sensitive, amy amount of a man's facial hair rubbed against my skin will cause severe and painful irritation, rashes and welts. So far, the men I've dated have respected that about me and have kept themselves clean shaven. So far.

Sep 14th 2012 new

[quote]Terry-889149 said:

If we, as men, have facial hair, but our spiritual qualities of life and gentlemen-like manners are in place, do you, as women, pass us over just for a littel facial hair?

Yes. very well said Terry. Women feel the same way since we think we should be considered because of our spiritual qualities and personalities, but instead are passed over due to size of our waistelines.

Sorry, didn't mean to change the subject. Just thinking out loud.

Sep 15th 2012 new

Sort of a time of year thing for me. I'll grow during lent, then leave it on for a while until I get tired of it. Clean shaven the rest of the year.

Sep 15th 2012 new

I prefer clean shaven men, not too keen on beards etc

Sep 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Tim-665850 said: Sort of a time of year thing for me. I'll grow during lent, then leave it on for a while until ...
(Quote) Tim-665850 said:

Sort of a time of year thing for me. I'll grow during lent, then leave it on for a while until I get tired of it. Clean shaven the rest of the year.

--hide--

In Minnesota it is cyclical, too. I see a lot more beards around hunting season.

Sep 15th 2012 new

I have really not thought about it. I guess I prefer men that are clean shaven but as long as it is well taken care of it is ok. The most important thing is what he is like on the inside though for me.

Sep 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Terry-889149 said: I'm going to go against the grain here and respond to this, even though it appears to ask for...
(Quote) Terry-889149 said:

I'm going to go against the grain here and respond to this, even though it appears to ask for a ladies oppinion.

This is a wierd one, but it seems to be quite important today. Why, I don't know. It's nice to hear that some ladies like it. Myself, I range weekly from clean shaven to mustache, to beard, to the gotee. Never tried any of that fancy stuff as it takes to long to cut out. I prefer the gotee most of the time because I've been given many complements that it makes me look wise. Everybody is different. I'm lucky enough to have a solid beard, one that doesn't have patches in it. Other men aren't so lucky. I agree, it should be keep neat.

Thoughts to ponder:

If we, as men, have facial hair, but our spiritual qualities of life and gentlemen-like manners are in place, do you, as women, pass us over just for a littel facial hair?

I would have to say the opposite is true then. If I was to say to a woman, I don't like long hair or even worse, please stop wearing makeup, what kind of response would I get?

I would honestly have to say, what you see is what you get. There are always comprimises out there for everything. If it is that imporant, then let it be so, but don't rule out a possible meeting with a great person just because of a little hair. Next, well be putting a box in for body hair!!!

Some women are completely appaulled by it. I say, thier loss of not seeing the true person. Everyone claims to know what they want physically, but you have to remember, 10 years down the road, do you toss them away because of thier looks even though everything else about them is what you want spiritually?

--hide--

Thanks, Terry for posting the view from the man's perspective. Personally, a good man is appealling with or without facial hair. I think it is attractive in any quantity as long as it is well groomed. After that a man just needs to be aware of how much it affects face2face, LOL.

Posts 41 - 50 of 123