Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Sep 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Terry-889149 said: I'm going to go against the grain here and respond to this, even though it appears to ask for...
(Quote) Terry-889149 said:

I'm going to go against the grain here and respond to this, even though it appears to ask for a ladies oppinion.

This is a wierd one, but it seems to be quite important today. Why, I don't know. It's nice to hear that some ladies like it. Myself, I range weekly from clean shaven to mustache, to beard, to the gotee. Never tried any of that fancy stuff as it takes to long to cut out. I prefer the gotee most of the time because I've been given many complements that it makes me look wise. Everybody is different. I'm lucky enough to have a solid beard, one that doesn't have patches in it. Other men aren't so lucky. I agree, it should be keep neat.

Thoughts to ponder:

If we, as men, have facial hair, but our spiritual qualities of life and gentlemen-like manners are in place, do you, as women, pass us over just for a littel facial hair?

I would have to say the opposite is true then. If I was to say to a woman, I don't like long hair or even worse, please stop wearing makeup, what kind of response would I get?

I would honestly have to say, what you see is what you get. There are always comprimises out there for everything. If it is that imporant, then let it be so, but don't rule out a possible meeting with a great person just because of a little hair. Next, well be putting a box in for body hair!!!

Some women are completely appaulled by it. I say, thier loss of not seeing the true person. Everyone claims to know what they want physically, but you have to remember, 10 years down the road, do you toss them away because of thier looks even though everything else about them is what you want spiritually?

--hide--
That's so true Terry.We don't always look the same years into the marriage.However I would think that men would be more likely not to look past that.What do you'll think?

What's on the inside is extremely important.'Pretty face and bad character" wouldn't cut it for the long haul.

Sep 22nd 2012 new

... well passed back Josephine ... clap thumbsup

Sep 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said: ... What's on the inside is extremely important.'Pretty face and bad charac...
(Quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said:

What's on the inside is extremely important.'Pretty face and bad character" wouldn't cut it for the long haul.

--hide--

clap thumbsup

Some men it suits and some not I think. In any case it should be looked after very well and then even a 3 days-Don-Johnson beard can look nice biggrin

Sep 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said: That's so true Terry.We don't always look the same years into the marriage.However...
(Quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said:

That's so true Terry.We don't always look the same years into the marriage.However I would think that men would be more likely not to look past that.What do you'll think?

--hide--

This would almost go with the bad boy look.

To add, I had a lob interview the other day. After five years, shaved the gotee. Not good. Feel naked. Should I have keep it on to show character? Why are men expected to be clean shaven for an interview?

I'm getting happier. Have the 5-day thing ging. I just hope it doesn't come back in different colors.

Oct 6th 2012 new

It depends on the man. . .

Oct 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Andrea-850967 said: ... well passed back Josephine ...
(Quote) Andrea-850967 said:

... well passed back Josephine ...

--hide--

Thank you. I wasn't really trying to be sarcastic or direct that comment to anyone in particular here. Just was a general observation that was on my mind.

Oct 7th 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: i loved all my italian aunts who doted on me when i was a kid but, that said, i cannot deal with ...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

i loved all my italian aunts who doted on me when i was a kid but, that said, i cannot deal with a woman who has facial hair.

unh unh, no way jose!

--hide--

David,

What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

What is wrong with a nice looking Italian woman wearing an Abe Lincoln type beard or a nice mustache? As long as she does not drink milk, it should be fine. Fair is fair. Of course, I would not care for a hairy-chested woman. laughing laughing

I know - much too early in the morning to be this silly.

I hope you and the family are doing well.

Blessings always, Praying Praying Praying

Leon

Oct 8th 2012 new

I am open to both clean shaven, goatees and beards! biggrin

Oct 8th 2012 new

I am open to both clean shaven, goatees and beards! biggrin

Oct 17th 2012 new

Hi Lorrie,

I, too, love well-kept facial hair. Doesn't matter if it is a 'stache or a full beard. It does seem to be hard to find. I can definitely see having this as a preference!

Karen biggrin

Posts 51 - 60 of 123