Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

11/04/2012 new

(Quote) Lorrie-735074 said: Hi all, I don't see many men under 45 with facial hair. I'm wondering if there ar...
(Quote) Lorrie-735074 said:

Hi all,

I don't see many men under 45 with facial hair. I'm wondering if there are women who like men over 45 with facial hair? I love beards and it's hard to find a man who has facial hair. I was thinking it might be a good box to have on preferences along with hair color for facial hair. Do you like facial hair?

Lorrie

--hide--

Lorrie, I like men with well-kept, trimmed beards and I don't care what color they are. I am not as fond of the small goatees that many young men are sporting nowadays. I just don't care for them. I think the wearing of beards, mustaches, etc. is cyclical. Just like fads come and go, men seems to wear them, or not, in cycles, every few years. In the 70's big sideburns were fashionable and my late husband wore them for a while. When people look at our wedding photos (1976) they first thing they notice is my husband's sideburns and most people chuckle and think they a little ridiculous. I think they look kinda funny today. He also took to wearing a mustache here and there, over the years, and I thought it looked good on him. We must be going through the cycle of men going hairless, which is why you don't see too much facial hair. It is true, men these days are shaving and waxing every bit of hair they have on their head, chests, backs, etc.

11/04/2012 new

(Quote) Julie-42315 said: Did Tom Selleck ever not have a mustache? He looks good with one.
(Quote) Julie-42315 said:

Did Tom Selleck ever not have a mustache? He looks good with one.

--hide--

I've seen photos of Tom Selleck without a mustache, but there aren't too many, and he certainly doesn't look his very handsome self without one.

11/12/2012 new

(Quote) Lorrie-735074 said: Hi all, I don't see many men under 45 with facial hair. I'm wondering if there ar...

Hi all,

I don't see many men under 45 with facial hair. I'm wondering if there are women who like men over 45 with facial hair? I love beards and it's hard to find a man who has facial hair. I was thinking it might be a good box to have on preferences along with hair color for facial hair. Do you like facial hair?

Lorrie

--hide--
I dont have a preference... I just like men! ha ha ha

11/12/2012 new

I just skipped through this thread and I have to say that the men who responded all seemed pretty handsome to me, fascial hair or not!

11/13/2012 new

I like it on some men and others....not so much. Bald men tend to grow facial hair but it detracts from the
shape of their face sometimes. I think....go for it! Women change their hair style, the color of their hair,
can have make-up look different every day of the week if they are talented (not my forte) so why shouldn't
men like a little variety. A little mustache this week, a goatee next week, a light beard the following week,
clean shaven, it's all good!
Variety is the spice of life!

11/13/2012 new

Oh, I L-O-V-E beards, mustaches, even goatees on men (not the "cool" patch). It looks so...manly! wink I found the 5 o'clock shadow to be more painful than a longer beard when it came to the face-to-face stuff.

My word of caution, however: You may want to know what he looks like before the beard. When my late husband and I were dating I never saw him without a beard. He came over to pick me up for a date, I got in the car and we took off. I turned to look at him and here was this beardless stranger in the driver seat! wide eyed I had my hand on the door handle ready to jump out of the moving car. Upon taking a second look, thank God, I recognized his nose. wave

11/13/2012 new

As far as bald men with beards it looks great! heart What does wierd me out is guys who are bald on top growing a ponytail. boggled

11/13/2012 new
(Quote) Lorrie-735074 said: Hi all, I don't see many men under 45 with facial hair. I'm wondering if there are wom...

Hi all,

Lorrie

--hide--
Does all the knuckle hair count? laughing monkey
11/14/2012 new

(Quote) Terry-889149 said: This would almost go with the bad boy look. To add, I had a lob intervie...
(Quote) Terry-889149 said:

This would almost go with the bad boy look.

To add, I had a lob interview the other day. After five years, shaved the gotee. Not good. Feel naked. Should I have keep it on to show character? Why are men expected to be clean shaven for an interview?

I'm getting happier. Have the 5-day thing ging. I just hope it doesn't come back in different colors.

--hide--
I LIke your US Marshall bad boy look! Keep it! I can imagine you with the trooper hat...ohoh I think I am

confusing two professions but you get the drift.

11/14/2012 new

I think it depends on the individual man, and whether he, himself, looks good/bad/better/worse with or without facial hair. It's not really about what I like on men in general, it's about each particular man.

I mean, don't you hate it when you get lumped in with "all blondes" or "all over-40s", or even "all chapel-veil-wearers"?

Posts 61 - 70 of 123