Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Jan 15th 2013 new

(Quote) David-903579 said: I respectfully disagree with the comparison of men with facial hair to women with make u...
(Quote) David-903579 said:

I respectfully disagree with the comparison of men with facial hair to women with make up. Totally different. The hair on my face is natural.
The opposite of your assertion could be stated, that men who shave are hiding their natural appearance. Where do hair styles enter in? If I grow a pony tail does that make me a rebel? Chic? A convict? An intellect? Effeminate? Who makes those judgments? Why does it matter anyway? Maybe I grow it because my dear uncle had one, or I am playing a part in a play with a bearded character, or my wife likes it, or my daughter,
or it's experimental, or a million other reasons? Does it have to be a mask?
I do agree though that the true self is defined by something far more important than any physical appearance, which matters so very little. But can't my beard just be a beard? Why can't a man's natural appearance include or exclude facial hair? This thread has proven that some women like it for that reason, some women dislike it for this reason.

Certainly women who use make up are hiding their natural appearance; enhancement to some, detraction to others. But make up is not natural, facial hair on men is!

--hide--
Agreed David,good post.

I would add that one could also say that shaving everyday is Vanity! I am growing a beard right now myself.Some like it, some don't.

Jan 19th 2013 new

I love beards !

Jan 25th 2013 new
No I hate facial hair Lol
Mar 16th 2013 new

My former husband had facial hair the whole time we were married. As soon as we divorced, that goatee came right off so he could physically become a new person.

The man I am seeing now has a beard & I like it. I think some men have faces that "need" facial hair. I don't mind clean-shaven, but it's really the personality, character, etc. that draws me; physical appearance comes second to all that.

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Lorrie-735074 said: Hi all, I don't see many men under 45 with facial hair. I'm wondering if there ar...
(Quote) Lorrie-735074 said:

Hi all,

I don't see many men under 45 with facial hair. I'm wondering if there are women who like men over 45 with facial hair? I love beards and it's hard to find a man who has facial hair. I was thinking it might be a good box to have on preferences along with hair color for facial hair. Do you like facial hair?

Lorrie

--hide--
I am growing a beard.Lots of grey! Lol! I like facial hair on me,because I have a baby face,so it offsets.Whatever looks good on the individual.I like neat and trimmed though,as I am A Barber/Stylist.

Mar 16th 2013 new

I expect that those of us who grew up during the Hippie Era find facial hair more "normal" than the younger people do. Ditto with longer hair.

That said, I've never been kissed by a man who was clean-shaven, but would sure like to try! Battling eyelashes

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: That said, I've never been kissed by a man who was clean-shaven, but would sure like to try!
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: That said, I've never been kissed by a man who was clean-shaven, but would sure like to try!
--hide--

Hey Marge, you know that thread that Donna has going about locking everybody up in a room? scratchchin scratchchin scratchchin

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Lorrie-735074 said: Hi all, I don't see many men under 45 with facial hair. I'm wondering if there ar...
(Quote) Lorrie-735074 said:

Hi all,

I don't see many men under 45 with facial hair. I'm wondering if there are women who like men over 45 with facial hair? I love beards and it's hard to find a man who has facial hair. I was thinking it might be a good box to have on preferences along with hair color for facial hair. Do you like facial hair?

Lorrie

--hide--

Ok, I know that I am a little young for this room, but the topic caught my eye, since I am in the middle of trying to decide to keep my beard or not! But to respond to your comment Lorrie, yes there are some of us under 45 that have facial hair!

Mar 16th 2013 new
(Quote) Jonathan-903357 said: Ok, I know that I am a little young for this room, but the topic caught my eye, since I am in the mi...
(Quote) Jonathan-903357 said:

Ok, I know that I am a little young for this room, but the topic caught my eye, since I am in the middle of trying to decide to keep my beard or not! But to respond to your comment Lorrie, yes there are some of us under 45 that have facial hair!

--hide--
Shave it Jonathan so we can have something to compare it to. You can always grow it back. Please post before and after pictures and we will take a poll! Eileen
Mar 16th 2013 new
(Quote) Terry-889149 said: I'm going to go against the grain here and respond to this, even though it appears to ask for a ladies oppi...
(Quote) Terry-889149 said:

I'm going to go against the grain here and respond to this, even though it appears to ask for a ladies oppinion.

This is a wierd one, but it seems to be quite important today. Why, I don't know. It's nice to hear that some ladies like it. Myself, I range weekly from clean shaven to mustache, to beard, to the gotee. Never tried any of that fancy stuff as it takes to long to cut out. I prefer the gotee most of the time because I've been given many complements that it makes me look wise. Everybody is different. I'm lucky enough to have a solid beard, one that doesn't have patches in it. Other men aren't so lucky. I agree, it should be keep neat.

Thoughts to ponder:

If we, as men, have facial hair, but our spiritual qualities of life and gentlemen-like manners are in place, do you, as women, pass us over just for a littel facial hair?

I would have to say the opposite is true then. If I was to say to a woman, I don't like long hair or even worse, please stop wearing makeup, what kind of response would I get?

I would honestly have to say, what you see is what you get. There are always comprimises out there for everything. If it is that imporant, then let it be so, but don't rule out a possible meeting with a great person just because of a little hair. Next, well be putting a box in for body hair!!!

Some women are completely appaulled by it. I say, thier loss of not seeing the true person. Everyone claims to know what they want physically, but you have to remember, 10 years down the road, do you toss them away because of thier looks even though everything else about them is what you want spiritually?

--hide--
Well thought out. Generally, it doesn't bother me, however, I generally find goatees tend to make a man look more severe/angry than a full beard (perhaps they just didn't smile for the camera in their picture) but you are right, whatever it is needs to be well groomed.
Posts 91 - 100 of 123