Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

11/30/2012 new
Would anyone else like to share their favorites?
11/30/2012 new
Rorate Caeli performed by Schola Cantorum van het Ward Instituut. www.youtube.com
12/01/2012 new

Ever since childhood, I've loved Gregorian chants. There's a treasure trove of them on youtube. I often listen to them while working at my desk. One of the paralegals loves them too (although she's some sort of bible Christian) and will pause outside my door if I'm playing them.

My favorite, probably, is Adoro te Devote: youtu.be

12/01/2012 new

Veni Creator Spiritus is another longtime favorite of mine: youtu.be

12/01/2012 new
(Quote) David-364112 said: Ever since childhood, I've loved Gregorian chants. There's a treasure trove of them on youtube. I oft...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Ever since childhood, I've loved Gregorian chants. There's a treasure trove of them on youtube. I often listen to them while working at my desk. One of the paralegals loves them too (although she's some sort of bible Christian) and will pause outside my door if I'm playing them.

My favorite, probably, is Adoro te Devote: youtu.be

--hide--

Listening to it now! I love it! I also love that it show the Latin text as it is being sung. This is one of the best versions of Adoro te Devote that I have heard!
12/01/2012 new

In the 1990's a monastery in Spain released an album of Gregorian Chant and were surprised when it became a hit. Many coffeehouses played chant music for a while. I was studying for the bar exam in a 2-story coffeehouse that had been a lovely private residence. I was sitting by the fire in the fireplace, half studying, half listening to the chants.

A medical student approached me and asked if I was a priest. I was startled and asked him why he would think such a thing. He replied: "I've never seen anyone sing along with Gregorian chants!"

biggrin

12/01/2012 new
I hope you don't mind me sharing some great Byzantine chant on this thread?

www.youtube.com
12/01/2012 new
(Quote) David-364112 said: Veni Creator Spiritus is another longtime favorite of mine: youtu.be
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Veni Creator Spiritus is another longtime favorite of mine: youtu.be

--hide--

Excellent rendition.

Here is another performed by SCHOLA GREGORIANA MEDIOLANENSIS, Dir. Giovanni Vianini. www.youtube.com
12/01/2012 new

This one brings tears to my eyes everytime I hear it: youtu.be

12/01/2012 new
Listening to it now. It is quite fast. Am I hearing tambourines? I really like the icons.

Is there a Latin or English translation?
Posts 21 - 30 of 46