Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Sep 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Joe-890299 said: I don't think they care as long as your money is good!
(Quote) Joe-890299 said:

I don't think they care as long as your money is good!

--hide--
Joe -- Welcome to the CM forums.

Unfortunately, you seem to have come to a rash judgment. It takes awhile to get acquainted with practices and procedures, so it might be best to hold off on stinging comments until you're on more solid footing.

Hopefully we'll be seeing you more often in the forums -- with constructive comments. We invite you to browse through the various topics if you haven't done so already.

Sep 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Nathan,I guess some feel since this is a Catholic site, your services should be fr...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Nathan,

I guess some feel since this is a Catholic site, your services should be free. I don't know about others but when I was working for an employer, I could not have gotten by in life by working for free.

If you run across a person discerning whether to join our faith and it is not in your comfort zone - then just don't go there.

One other item not related to this thread - I read where for some, this site is to blame for not being to find a date or partner. Sometimes, we need to look into our inner selves and see where the problem really lies. If I never find someone to marry from this site, it will be my fault and not that of CM. Their only role is to provide and manage the resources. What we do with those resources depends on us.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--

clap

Sep 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Nathan,I guess some feel since this is a Catholic site, your services should be fr...

Nathan,

I guess some feel since this is a Catholic site, your services should be free. I don't know about others but when I was working for an employer, I could not have gotten by in life by working for free.

If you run across a person discerning whether to join our faith and it is not in your comfort zone - then just don't go there.

One other item not related to this thread - I read where for some, this site is to blame for not being to find a date or partner. Sometimes, we need to look into our inner selves and see where the problem really lies. If I never find someone to marry from this site, it will be my fault and not that of CM. Their only role is to provide and manage the resources. What we do with those resources depends on us.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--

Wow Leon! I think we need to get you to do some blogging for us! :) Your comments are so spot on I could not possibly ad anything to them. I often tell people that running CatholicMatch is like running a gym. We do our best to provide the right tools, enviroment and value but at the end of the day we can't frorce or magically make relationships happen. That is up to each person and to God.

Sep 14th 2012 new

Nathan,

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--
Leon -- All I can say is, "Ya done good."

I enjoyed reading what you said and how you said it.

Cheers! Ein prosit!!!!

Sep 14th 2012 new

Nathan,

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--

clap Nicely stated, Leon! thumbsup You get a Gold Star!

Sep 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Nathan-48443 said: Our policy thus far has been this: if someone is open to or actively pursuing a conversion to Cat...
(Quote) Nathan-48443 said:

Our policy thus far has been this: if someone is open to or actively pursuing a conversion to Catholicism, they're free to be here. If someone is openly antagonistic to the Faith, it's not something we're going to suffer long. This is first and foremost a site to assist Catholics in their faith and in their pursuit of the married vocation. If that description doesn't fit someone, I'm sure they will be able to find a website that caters to their specific needs.

--hide--

...and we thank you for that....at this point I highly doubt I'm going to meet anyone unless God surprises me, but I do know this site has assisted me in my faith...might have actually saved it. The forums are a wonderful place to learn from other faithful catholics especially the ones that are really knowledgeable about church teaching.

Sep 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Joe-890299 said: I don't think they care as long as your money is good!
(Quote) Joe-890299 said:

I don't think they care as long as your money is good!

--hide--

that's a low blow.

Sep 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: ... Unfortunately, you seem to have come to a rash judgment. ...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

... Unfortunately, you seem to have come to a rash judgment. ...

--hide--

What's wrong with that ?

Dermatologists do that all the time. smile

Sep 14th 2012 new

Praying

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: (Quote) Leon-593843 said: Nathan,I guess some feel since t...
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

Quote:
Leon-593843 said:

Nathan,

Blessings,

Leon

Wow Leon! I think we need to get you to do some blogging for us! :) Your comments are so spot on I could not possibly ad anything to them. I often tell people that running CatholicMatch is like running a gym. We do our best to provide the right tools, enviroment and value but at the end of the day we can't frorce or magically make relationships happen. That is up to each person and to God.

--hide--

Brian,

Thank you for the kind words. In my opinion, CM does provide the right tools, environment and value. I would never consider a secular site and the other Catholic ones I know nothing about their offerings. I can't image though they would exceed CM visions for each and every subscriber. Obviously, one day I will leave CM. When I look back, my conclusions will be it was a great adjunct to my everyday life.

I applaud the entire CM staff. I appreciate the efforts and insights of Donna and Jerry our moderators. Thank you all for making one subscriber very pleased he joined.

P. S. I don't feel I would be a very good blogger but thanks for considering me.

Blessings to all, Praying Praying Praying

Leon

Sep 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: (Quote) Leon-593843 said: Nathan,I guess some feel since thi...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Quote:
Leon-593843 said:

Nathan,

Blessings,

Leon

Leon -- All I can say is, "Ya done good."

I enjoyed reading what you said and how you said it.

Ein prosit!!!!

--hide--

Ray and Lina,

Thank you for the kind words.

Ein prosit!!!!.................Danke schonen!!

Segenswunsche - blessings Praying Praying Praying

Leon

Posts 11 - 20 of 22