Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

09/30/2012 new
Good question. For me it is something I hope to do, but it is just getting started and I am confused. I was married to a non Catholic and asked for special dispensation. I was living in another state and my Priest ( I was not in that Diocese very long and moved away ) said he wrote a letter to the Bishop in that Diocese. Was married only 2 years and did not live with her for 9 of those months. I rally don.t feel like I was married
09/30/2012 new

(Quote) Len-649029 said: Good question. For me it is something I hope to do, but it is just getting started and I am confused. I wa...
(Quote) Len-649029 said: Good question. For me it is something I hope to do, but it is just getting started and I am confused. I was married to a non Catholic and asked for special dispensation. I was living in another state and my Priest ( I was not in that Diocese very long and moved away ) said he wrote a letter to the Bishop in that Diocese. Was married only 2 years and did not live with her for 9 of those months. I rally don.t feel like I was married
--hide--

I would suggest that you speak to someone in the Tribunal office of your diocese. They are the people who handle annullments and really know the answers to your questions and are generally quite helpful. Parish priests, in several cases, have been know to give out incorrect information at times. The key point for getting an annullment is that there has to be proved that there was some impediment to the marriage before/when the marriage occurred (such as being too young, one person having a drug addiction, etc.) Your tribunal office can help answer your questions and tell you how to get the process started. It does seem to take a year (at a minimum) and sometimes much longer from start to finish to get your annullment. That said, most people that apply for annulments eventually get them. Hope this helps!

09/30/2012 new

(Quote) Len-649029 said: Good question. For me it is something I hope to do, but it is just getting started and I am confused. I wa...
(Quote) Len-649029 said: Good question. For me it is something I hope to do, but it is just getting started and I am confused. I was married to a non Catholic and asked for special dispensation. I was living in another state and my Priest ( I was not in that Diocese very long and moved away ) said he wrote a letter to the Bishop in that Diocese. Was married only 2 years and did not live with her for 9 of those months. I rally don.t feel like I was married
--hide--

And, I forgot to say - welcome to the forums!biggrin

09/30/2012 new

--hide--

Was your spouse a baptized Christian?

Were you married in a Catholic church?

Was the dispensation requested from canonical form (i.e., to allow you to marry in another church) or for disparity of cult/mixed marriage (to marry a non-Catholic)?

10/03/2012 new
Please tell me what I have to do!!
10/03/2012 new

(Quote) Greg-804507 said: Please tell me what I have to do!!
(Quote) Greg-804507 said: Please tell me what I have to do!!
--hide--

If you're asking what to do to start your annullment, just talk to your pastor to get the process started. But, to really get correct information about the annullment process, talk to the Tribunal office for your diocese. (Sometimes, parish priests have been known to give out information on annullments that is not totally correct.) You can usually find a phone number for your tribunal office online these days if you go to your diocese website. Hope this helps!

10/06/2012 new

Amen!

10/08/2012 new

I am not sure about this, but I think a lot of them are scared. I think they are scared it will be denied. I think they are scared that they will have to truly examine their relationship and realize that they are not entirely innocent themselves. I might feel that I made the moral decisions in my failed marriage, but when I wrote my annulment, I had to admit what I had done wrong too. Many people don't want to admit that to themselves.

10/08/2012 new

I started mine as soon as I got divorced and I can honestly say it is a LONG AND PAINFUL process. It's amazing, heart wrenching and embaressing to write out the testimony. It's amost like you have to relive the whole relationship and the pain all over again. If I had known in the beginning how hard it would be I probably would have put it off awhile.

10/08/2012 new

Were you married in a church (any kind of church, catholic or otherwise?) ?

If not then it's an automatic annulment according to my priest.

Posts 111 - 120 of 135