Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Sep 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Laura-857740 said: Hi Joyce. I'm not sure if time is the best indicator of healing. I find the best seems to be forgive...
(Quote) Laura-857740 said: Hi Joyce. I'm not sure if time is the best indicator of healing. I find the best seems to be forgiveness...for yourself and the mistakes you made in the marriage and forgiveness for your ex. I understand that forgiveness seems to provide the best avenue for healing, but it can be the hardest thing to put into practice. Some people are still in pain ten years after divorce because they cannot forgive. Instead of avoiding these people, I tend to gravitate toward them, if even just in friendship. Anything I can do to help them forgive is important.
--hide--

Laura that is true. Forgiveness and mourning don't have a time table.

Sep 15th 2012 new

I agree, Laura. I too had a situation in which forgiveness was paramount. With forgiveness comes the grace to move on, and it was something I prayed diligently for. It lightens the burden on your heart. I am expecting that the annulment process will be cathartic, and I feel lucky that I am entering it in a better frame of mind than I had 3 years ago.

Sep 15th 2012 new
(Quote) Kathy-882509 said: I agree, Laura. I too had a situation in which forgiveness was paramount. With forgiveness comes the grace to ...
(Quote) Kathy-882509 said:

I agree, Laura. I too had a situation in which forgiveness was paramount. With forgiveness comes the grace to move on, and it was something I prayed diligently for. It lightens the burden on your heart. I am expecting that the annulment process will be cathartic, and I feel lucky that I am entering it in a better frame of mind than I had 3 years ago.

--hide--
Wow, you so right about lessening the burden on your heart! I met my ex husband's new girlfriend today at my son's gymnastics class. I sat and talked with her about my son and his special needs so she will better understand him. What I was so amazed at...was that I felt no jealously or anger or any bad emotion in having her around me and my son. I prayed after her and I said goodbye..to thank God for the healings and blessings and the fact that I had no ill will with the whole situation. I thanked God for my freedom from strife. Now, how can we help others through their healing process, so they can be free also? Or can we? Or should we even try? Or should I just leave it to God?
Sep 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I came on here in 2004 and didn't start my formal annulment process until 2006.. I was divorce...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

I came on here in 2004 and didn't start my formal annulment process until 2006.. I was divorced in 1984.. It's called procrastination.. An affliction that many of us suffer from apparently.

--hide--
Yep.Now that we have the annulment,we are procrastinating getting married. laughing

Sep 16th 2012 new

Everyone has one reason or another for not obtaining allullments. I did obtain after my divorce not knowing if I would ever remarry or not. It was done more for me at that time. I have dated over the years since my divorce in 1998 with some being long term. Some had the annullment while others did not. I also have been told by other priests that its accpetable without annullment (as long as the teachings of the church are followed). People have various reasons for not obtaining one immediately after the divorce & that should be respected.

Sep 16th 2012 new

Laura what a wonderful way you handled yesterday. You both made it about your child & thats what matters.

Sep 16th 2012 new
(Quote) Elaine-525333 said: Laura what a wonderful way you handled yesterday. You both made it about your child & thats what matters....
(Quote) Elaine-525333 said:

Laura what a wonderful way you handled yesterday. You both made it about your child & thats what matters.

--hide--
Thank you so much Elaine. It was a big test on how healed I was. And when I passed with flying colors, I thanked God for the gift of His love that I felt swirling around me during the gym class. I can't tell you amount of horrific events I had to go through when I got divorced, I took a beating for sure. But all the pain is gone. I have never been happier. Thanks for your kind words, God bless you, Laurie.
Sep 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Laura-857740 said: (Quote) Elaine-525333 said: Laura what a wonderful way you handled yesterday. You...
(Quote) Laura-857740 said:
Quote:
Elaine-525333 said:

Thank you so much Elaine. It was a big test on how healed I was. And when I passed with flying colors, I thanked God for the gift of His love that I felt swirling around me during the gym class. I can't tell you amount of horrific events I had to go through when I got divorced, I took a beating for sure. But all the pain is gone. I have never been happier. Thanks for your kind words, God bless you, Laurie.
--hide--

Laura,

You handled the situation with your son with class. Not all do.

Blessings, Praying hug rose

Leon

Sep 16th 2012 new
(Quote) Leon-593843 said: (Quote) Laura-857740 said: (Quote) Elaine-525333 said: Laura what a wonde...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Quote:
Laura-857740 said:
Quote:
Elaine-525333 said:

Laura,

You handled the situation with your son with class. Not all do.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--
Thank you Leon, that means a lot to me. Blessings to you also! Laurie
Sep 16th 2012 new

I have not started the annualment process because I have to talk to my ex and his parents. They have to write letters and I am not ready for that yet. The reason for the divorce was due to his cheating and moving in with another women but he will not admit that this is the main reason. Getting the annualment is important to me and my faith but the process is holding me up.

Posts 81 - 90 of 135