Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

09/15/2012 new

Happy birthday, Sandra.

I made a Skinny Chicken Tortilla Soup last week that I love. Other favorites are beef stew, baked potatoe soup, squash soup, turkey vegetable soup and Ham and Wild Rice. I also like chili, but I can't claim it's homemade, cuz I use Carrol Shelby's.

09/15/2012 new
(Quote) Sandra-892570 said: (Quote) That soup sounds delicious brenda!
(Quote) Sandra-892570 said: [quote]

That soup sounds delicious brenda!
--hide--

Thanks Sandra --- Happy Birthday Happy Birthday!
09/15/2012 new
Going to watch this thread!
09/15/2012 new
I made a roast in a crock pot a couple days ago. I would like to make vegetable soup with the broth. I have an assortment of both frozen and canned veggies. Plus potatoes, onions, and a bell pepper in my fridge at this moment.

Can someone suggest how to make vegetable soup from the ingredients listed? I have a plentiful assortment of spices.

I make amazing chicken noodle soup with vegetables.
09/15/2012 new

Helen, it sounds like you have room to create the soup any which way you'd like!
You have the broth.
Potato, bell pepper would go in first so as to cook up.
Frozen vegs would take a little longer than canned to heat up.
Saute the onion (any garlic on hand?) on the side and add to the soup.
And whatever spices you like...garlic, oregano, a little ginger, cumin....experiment!
Taste as you go.
I did something similar earlier in the evening for my soup dinner. Very cheap & quick: ramen packet (plus some alphabet macaroni just for fun, frozen broccoli, fresh cauliflower, garbanzo beans for protein, and garlic. Too much salt in the ramen flavoring for me (I rarely add any salt to food). Nothing fancy by any means, but a sufficient dinner.

09/15/2012 new
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Helen, it sounds like you have room to create the soup any which way you'd like! You have the broth.
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

Helen, it sounds like you have room to create the soup any which way you'd like!
You have the broth.
Potato, bell pepper would go in first so as to cook up.
Frozen vegs would take a little longer than canned to heat up.
Saute the onion (any garlic on hand?) on the side and add to the soup.
And whatever spices you like...garlic, oregano, a little ginger, cumin....experiment!
Taste as you go.
I did something similar earlier in the evening for my soup dinner. Very cheap & quick: ramen packet (plus some alphabet macaroni just for fun, frozen broccoli, fresh cauliflower, garbanzo beans for protein, and garlic. Too much salt in the ramen flavoring for me (I rarely add any salt to food). Nothing fancy by any means, but a sufficient dinner.

--hide--

I have a can of garbanzo beans!

The stock does not have much salt. I accidentally poured a cup of Worsteshire sauce in it. I had to fill the crock pot to the rim with water. There is also very little fat in the broth. So, I wonder how good the soup will turn out.

I will make something from it tomorrow.

Please keep the ideas coming!
09/15/2012 new
Salty is easy to fix, put a couple half potatoes in and pull them out when they are cooked. They soak up salt lile a spounge! If the broth has the flavor you want, you are good to go. If a tad weak use some beef bullion or better yet, concentrated beef stock and dont add water. I use veggall a lot, canned or frozen veggies work fine. Fresh do too. If you like tomatoes, put them in last and bring soup to a boil. Canned tomatoes fall apart easily. If you like youre soups tomatoey, try some catsup. Easier than tomato paste and it adds a certian sweetness too. Crusty cheese bread and you have a meal fit for a queen!!!
09/16/2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Every autumn I say, "I will make many soups this season." And I have failed myself, but I still...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Every autumn I say, "I will make many soups this season." And I have failed myself, but I still will try try try.

Soups are so hearty, heart-warming and nourishing, and they don't have to be noisy.

I have a good corn chowder recipe, as well as spicy tomato soup, and a Cowboy Beef Stew that many find delish.

I have many many more recipes to try out.
--hide--
Spicy tomato soup, Lina? Isn't it hot enough already in Arizona???? scratchchin

09/16/2012 new
(Quote) Tim-734178 said: Salty is easy to fix, put a couple half potatoes in and pull them out when they are cooked. They soak up salt like a...
(Quote) Tim-734178 said: Salty is easy to fix, put a couple half potatoes in and pull them out when they are cooked. They soak up salt like a sponge!

If the broth has the flavor you want, you are good to go. If a tad weak use some beef bullion or better yet, concentrated beef stock and dont add water.

I use veggall a lot, canned or frozen veggies work fine. Fresh do too. If you like tomatoes, put them in last and bring soup to a boil. Canned tomatoes fall apart easily. If you like youre soups tomatoey, try some ketsup. Easier than tomato paste and it adds a certain sweetness too.

Crusty cheese bread and you have a meal fit for a queen!!!
--hide--

Awesome! I really needed this!
09/16/2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Spicy tomato soup, Lina? Isn't it hot enough already in Arizona????
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Spicy tomato soup, Lina? Isn't it hot enough already in Arizona????

--hide--

How could it be, Ray?---YOU'RE not here..... wink

Posts 11 - 20 of 44