Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Sep 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: How could it be, Ray?---YOU'RE not here.....
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

How could it be, Ray?---YOU'RE not here.....

--hide--
Just checking, Lina, to see if you're all there!!! faint wink

Sep 17th 2012 new

I love stew chicken.

Favourite soups are beef,chiken,fish,chicken corn,wanton.

We do a special dish known as callaloo which is like a soup but used like gravy. www.youtube.com

Sep 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said: I love stew chicken. Favourite soups are beef,chiken,fish,chicken corn,wanton.<...
(Quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said:

I love stew chicken.

Favourite soups are beef,chiken,fish,chicken corn,wanton.

We do a special dish known as callaloo which is like a soup but used like gravy. www.youtube.com

--hide--
+

Chicken stew is good. When I make the broth for chicken noodle soup, I like to use a good stewing hen to make my broth, if I can get my hands on one. If not necks, backs and thighs will do. I like making my own noodles for the soup, but if time is a factor I use Amish made. One year some ladies were in front of Krogers selling homemade egg noodles to raise money to support the troops and I am talking about the fine cut ones which is perfect for soup. They were fresh made and I just had to buy some so I would have an excuse to have my chicken noodle soup.

Sep 18th 2012 new
(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: + Chicken stew is good. When I make the broth for chicken noodle soup, I like to use a good ...
(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said:

+

Chicken stew is good. When I make the broth for chicken noodle soup, I like to use a good stewing hen to make my broth, if I can get my hands on one. If not necks, backs and thighs will do. I like making my own noodles for the soup, but if time is a factor I use Amish made. One year some ladies were in front of Krogers selling homemade egg noodles to raise money to support the troops and I am talking about the fine cut ones which is perfect for soup. They were fresh made and I just had to buy some so I would have an excuse to have my chicken noodle soup.

--hide--

My Grandmother taught me to make those egg noodles.... Yummmm
Sep 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: My Grandmother taught me to make those egg noodles.... Yummmm
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

My Grandmother taught me to make those egg noodles.... Yummmm
--hide--

I just watched my mother make egg noodles.

Sep 19th 2012 new
(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: I just watched my mother make egg noodles.
(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said:

I just watched my mother make egg noodles.

--hide--

They are really easy to make biggrin
Sep 19th 2012 new

They are one of the easiest things to make and almost everyone loves them.

Sep 19th 2012 new

Can either of you share how?

Sep 21st 2012 new

The best stew I ever made was with a friend last winter. We wanted to make some sort of stew, and started out with some fresh beef which we cut up and marinated. We threw tons of spices, beans, tomatoes, garlic, onion and tomato sauce into the pot with the beef and let it simmer most of the day. We added barley, mushrooms, and probably some other things (I don't remember everything now, unfortunately). This stew was absolutely amazing! We ate it with a homemade tossed salad and a bottle of red wine. Mmmm...mmmm!

Sep 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Can either of you share how?
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

Can either of you share how?

--hide--

This is one those foods I learned from watching my mother instead of using a recipe. I start by beating my whole eggs in a bowl. Now the amount of eggs beaten will determine the amount of flour used. I add just tiny bit of salt then I add enough all-purpose flour to make a good stiff dough. On a floured suface I roll out the dough untill it is thin and I let it rest a bit. Then I cut it in strips that are 1 1/2 inches wide and I let them dry for a bit (but not completely dry) so I can stack them and cut my noodles to a desired width. You can use yolks of the eggs with a little milk for a softer dough. Eventhough they are tastier than the noodles made with the whole egg, they lack the protien whole eggs provide and you burn less calories rolling them out.

Posts 21 - 30 of 44