Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Sep 21st 2012 new
thank you! I shall try this out when it gets cooler here.

Cynics might say, "Oh, well, then she'll NEVER try it."

tongue
Sep 21st 2012 new
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Can either of you share how?
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

Can either of you share how?

--hide--

I start with about three cups self rising flour & six eggs. Mixing them well together, then when the consistency allows me to roll them out I roll mine out on a cutting board fairly thin, then roll them up like Cinnamon roll dough(don't forget a layer of flour on top of dough before rolling up), then I cut them into thin strips. Then I shake them out in the flour & drop them into boiling chicken stock from the whole chicken I baked, if not enough broth I always have cans of it to add. Cooking until they are nice & tender & then I add some chicken, salt & pepper to my pot, stirring occasionally till done. Yummmmm

tongue
Sep 21st 2012 new
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: I start with about three cups self rising flour & six eggs. Mixing them well together, then when the consi...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

I start with about three cups self rising flour & six eggs. Mixing them well together, then when the consistency allows me to roll them out I roll mine out on a cutting board fairly thin, then roll them up like Cinnamon roll dough(don't forget a layer of flour on top of dough before rolling up), then I cut them into thin strips. Then I shake them out in the flour & drop them into boiling chicken stock from the whole chicken I baked, if not enough broth I always have cans of it to add. Cooking until they are nice & tender & then I add some chicken, salt & pepper to my pot, stirring occasionally till done. Yummmmm

--hide--

scratchchin scratchchin Since my instructions seem about as clear as mud that may be why my Grandma said the only way to learn is to get in the kitchen with someone while they were cooking. Of course it was always fun cooking with Grandma, she had such neat stories to share of Oklahoma before it was a state... biggrin
Sep 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: Happy birthday, Sandra. I made a Skinny Chicken Tortilla Soup last week that I love. ...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

Happy birthday, Sandra.

I made a Skinny Chicken Tortilla Soup last week that I love. Other favorites are beef stew, baked potatoe soup, squash soup, turkey vegetable soup and Ham and Wild Rice. I also like chili, but I can't claim it's homemade, cuz I use Carrol Shelby's.

--hide--

How do you make that tortilla soup.

Sep 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: How do you make that tortilla soup.
(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said:

--hide--

If it's ok, I'd like to share the one I love:

3 c boneless chicken, cubed
2 c frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
1/2 lg yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 14.5-oz cans low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
10oz can diced tomatoes w/green chiles
3 T lime juice
1 t salt
2 t cumin
1 t chili powder
1/4 t black pepper
1/8 t cayenne
1 bay leaf

8oz shredded Mexican 4-cheese blend, or Monty Jack cheese
chopped cilantro
5 6" soft corn tortillas

Combine all the ingredients but the last 3 in a large pot. Cover; cook to boiling for 10 min, then turn down the heat and let simmer for at least an hour. Discard the bay leaf. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut tortillas into 1/2" strips. Put on baking sheet and bake 5 min; flip the strips over and bake 5 min more or till crisp.
Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle on cheese, tortilla strips and cilantro. Serves 10, 283 calories each svg.

Sep 21st 2012 new

Elizabeth, thanks for the yummy entertainment. My favorite soup is a recipe I cut out of the Sunday Parade Magazine some years ago. The name is Farm to Market Stew. It is full of fresh vegetables added gradually so nothing over cooks and has a nice meaty sausage for that little extra zing. Yum.

Sep 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Joyce-844872 said: Elizabeth, thanks for the yummy entertainment. My favorite soup is a recipe I cut out of the Sund...
(Quote) Joyce-844872 said:

Elizabeth, thanks for the yummy entertainment. My favorite soup is a recipe I cut out of the Sunday Parade Magazine some years ago. The name is Farm to Market Stew. It is full of fresh vegetables added gradually so nothing over cooks and has a nice meaty sausage for that little extra zing. Yum.

--hide--

Could you submit it?

Sep 22nd 2012 new

I just made this. I made it spicier, but MMM!

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: If it's ok, I'd like to share the one I love: 3 c boneless chicken, cubed...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

If it's ok, I'd like to share the one I love:

3 c boneless chicken, cubed
2 c frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
1/2 lg yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 14.5-oz cans low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
10oz can diced tomatoes w/green chiles
3 T lime juice
1 t salt
2 t cumin
1 t chili powder
1/4 t black pepper
1/8 t cayenne
1 bay leaf

8oz shredded Mexican 4-cheese blend, or Monty Jack cheese
chopped cilantro
5 6" soft corn tortillas

Combine all the ingredients but the last 3 in a large pot. Cover; cook to boiling for 10 min, then turn down the heat and let simmer for at least an hour. Discard the bay leaf. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut tortillas into 1/2" strips. Put on baking sheet and bake 5 min; flip the strips over and bake 5 min more or till crisp.
Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle on cheese, tortilla strips and cilantro. Serves 10, 283 calories each svg.

--hide--

Sep 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: How do you make that tortilla soup.
(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said:

--hide--

This is too easy...

1 can (16 oz) fat-free refried beans
1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (14.5 oz) reduced-sodium chicken broth
1-1/2 cups frozen corn
3/4 cup chunky salsa
3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
1/2 cup water
2 cups (8 oz) reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese, divided
baked tortilla chips

In a large saucepan, combine the beans, broth, corn, salsa, chicken and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add 1 cup cheese; cook and stir over low heat until melted. Crumble some chips in anto soup bowls. Ladle soup over chips.Top each serving with 2 crumpled chips; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Yield: 7 Servings.

Each serving (1 cup) equals 290 calories, 7 g fat, 987 mg sodium, 36 gram carbohydrates, 9 grams fiber, 23 grams protein.

Diabetic exchange: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat.

Sep 22nd 2012 new

once you mention chili I immediately think of Skyline Chili. It has to eaten as either a 3,4 or 5 way..which is over spaghetti with either beans/onions inside. A huge mound of shredded cheddar cheese over all of it with soup crackers on top of that. that spells YUMMY to me

Posts 31 - 40 of 44