Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Good Deeds.........Good News..

Sep 14th 2012 new

I looked it up and has been a couple of months since we did one of these. I have abbreviated it to "Good Deeds....Good News" since "Good Works" are good deeds as well....so once again...don't be shy!
What have YOU or OTHERS you have observed done which would qualify as "Good Deeds"?..or What have you observed as "Good News" (the world could use more Good News!)
Here goes:
Tonight I was going in a convenience store.....and as I approached the front door a young woman held the door open for me. (she actually held it for awhile as I slowly lumbered my fat self up to the door and said, "Thank you!" "You're most welcome." ....was her reply. So nice there are such good people in this world!
God bless all, and Good Luck!...

Sep 15th 2012 new
I had purchased tickets for the Ice capades at the fair for tomorrow night back in July. I used to love taking Andrew every year. I can still hear his excitement as we planned what to see while at the fair. It was always an all day adventure for us. My first memories of taking him the story was Buzz light year or Toy Story, he would have been around four and yes we had our big bird hand holders so I would not lose him in the crowds. This year my plans were to take my niece with me, and I just found out earlier today that she was backing out on going to see Disney on ice with me, this years theme is Tangled/Disney princesses.

Earlier today I asked Erin if she was taking her three year old daughter Camryn. No was the answer, she just could not afford the tickets. I had been out running errands hen. I found out my niece didn't want to go. So I swung by th office and took my tickets into Erin and handed them to her. What's this? Tickets for tomorrow nights show, second row seats near the ice, take your daughter. Really? Yes really. She started crying, and I must admit I got misty eyed myself.

Yes, I think Andrew would have approved. And someday I will go back and enjoy the show. But for this year it was beginning to feel like too much too soon. I loved every minute at the fair with Andrew, I just wasn't sure I was quite ready to love the fair without him. angel
Sep 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: I had purchased tickets for the Ice capades at the fair for tomorrow night back in July. I used to love ...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: I had purchased tickets for the Ice capades at the fair for tomorrow night back in July. I used to love taking Andrew every year. I can still hear his excitement as we planned what to see while at the fair. It was always an all day adventure for us. My first memories of taking him the story was Buzz light year or Toy Story, he would have been around four and yes we had our big bird hand holders so I would not lose him in the crowds. This year my plans were to take my niece with me, and I just found out earlier today that she was backing out on going to see Disney on ice with me, this years theme is Tangled/Disney princesses.

Earlier today I asked Erin if she was taking her three year old daughter Camryn. No was the answer, she just could not afford the tickets. I had been out running errands hen. I found out my niece didn't want to go. So I swung by th office and took my tickets into Erin and handed them to her. What's this? Tickets for tomorrow nights show, second row seats near the ice, take your daughter. Really? Yes really. She started crying, and I must admit I got misty eyed myself.

Yes, I think Andrew would have approved. And someday I will go back and enjoy the show. But for this year it was beginning to feel like too much too soon. I loved every minute at the fair with Andrew, I just wasn't sure I was quite ready to love the fair without him.
--hide--
Awe.....how nice

Sep 15th 2012 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Awe.....how nice
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Awe.....how nice

--hide--

Thanks Jerry angel
Sep 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: I looked it up and has been a couple of months since we did one of these. I have abbreviated it t...

I looked it up and has been a couple of months since we did one of these. I have abbreviated it to "Good Deeds....Good News" since "Good Works" are good deeds as well....so once again...don't be shy!
What have YOU or OTHERS you have observed done which would qualify as "Good Deeds"?..or What have you observed as "Good News" (the world could use more Good News!)
Here goes:
Tonight I was going in a convenience store.....and as I approached the front door a young woman held the door open for me. (she actually held it for awhile as I slowly lumbered my fat self up to the door and said, "Thank you!" "You're most welcome." ....was her reply. So nice there are such good people in this world!

--hide--

To men in my neighborhood came to my assistance and carried my dying golden retriever to my car so I could get him to the vet. One of the men I had never even met before.

Sep 15th 2012 new
(Quote) Marirose-887295 said: To men in my neighborhood came to my assistance and carried my dying golden retriever to my car so I...
(Quote) Marirose-887295 said:

To men in my neighborhood came to my assistance and carried my dying golden retriever to my car so I could get him to the vet. One of the men I had never even met before.

--hide--

Praise God for his good deed rose
Sep 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: I looked it up and has been a couple of months since we did one of these. I have abbreviated it t...

Here goes:

--hide--

When my oldest (now 17 and a senior) decided to join track in 7th grade, who knew she had a knack for sprinting...her relay made it to state that year and the next. So to keep in shape, she decided to also join cross country (while still in middle school). Long distance wasn't her race, and she was almost always the last runner of the race. All cheering parents had left the course and moved to the finish line, so often, I was the only one there cheering her on (that's not the good deed part of my story).

So fast forward to today. She is still a sprinter in track, but she's still running cross country to keep in shape. She ran well today, but after her race, I couldn't find her. Then, after most of the cheering parents left the area, I saw her near the finish line (with her younger sister), cheering on the stragglers of the race. She knew what it felt like to be last, and to have only your mom there cheering you on. Good for her. It's one of those times when, as a parent, you get to see the fruit of your labors!

Sep 15th 2012 new
(Quote) Wendy-387654 said: When my oldest (now 17 and a senior) decided to join track in 7th grade, who knew she had a...
(Quote) Wendy-387654 said:

When my oldest (now 17 and a senior) decided to join track in 7th grade, who knew she had a knack for sprinting...her relay made it to state that year and the next. So to keep in shape, she decided to also join cross country (while still in middle school). Long distance wasn't her race, and she was almost always the last runner of the race. All cheering parents had left the course and moved to the finish line, so often, I was the only one there cheering her on (that's not the good deed part of my story).

So fast forward to today. She is still a sprinter in track, but she's still running cross country to keep in shape. She ran well today, but after her race, I couldn't find her. Then, after most of the cheering parents left the area, I saw her near the finish line (with her younger sister), cheering on the stragglers of the race. She knew what it felt like to be last, and to have only your mom there cheering you on. Good for her. It's one of those times when, as a parent, you get to see the fruit of your labors!

--hide--

Sounds like you taught her well
Sep 15th 2012 new
(Quote) Marirose-887295 said: To men in my neighborhood came to my assistance and carried my dying golden retriever to my car so I...
(Quote) Marirose-887295 said:

--hide--

hug I'm sorry about your dog, Marirose. rose
Sep 15th 2012 new
(Quote) Wendy-387654 said: When my oldest (now 17 and a senior) decided to join track in 7th grade, who knew she had a...
(Quote) Wendy-387654 said:

--hide--

Wendy, that has to be so satisfying as a parent! Good for both of you!!!
Posts 1 - 10 of 200