Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

09/16/2012 new

(Quote) Wendy-387654 said: When my oldest (now 17 and a senior) decided to join track in 7th grade, who knew sh...
(Quote) Wendy-387654 said:

When my oldest (now 17 and a senior) decided to join track in 7th grade, who knew she had a knack for sprinting...her relay made it to state that year and the next. So to keep in shape, she decided to also join cross country (while still in middle school). Long distance wasn't her race, and she was almost always the last runner of the race. All cheering parents had left the course and moved to the finish line, so often, I was the only one there cheering her on (that's not the good deed part of my story).

So fast forward to today. She is still a sprinter in track, but she's still running cross country to keep in shape. She ran well today, but after her race, I couldn't find her. Then, after most of the cheering parents left the area, I saw her near the finish line (with her younger sister), cheering on the stragglers of the race. She knew what it felt like to be last, and to have only your mom there cheering you on. Good for her. It's one of those times when, as a parent, you get to see the fruit of your labors!

--hide--
That is wonderful indeed Wendy! I know you are proud as a Mom! Thank you so much for sharing!

09/16/2012 new

I guess it would be considered "Good News" seeing my sons as room mates again....and being so close as brothers. So "Pop" brought food for them since the proverbial "cupboards were bare"!!

09/16/2012 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: I guess it would be considered "Good News" seeing my sons as room mates again....and being so close a...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

I guess it would be considered "Good News" seeing my sons as room mates again....and being so close as brothers. So "Pop" brought food for them since the proverbial "cupboards were bare"!!

--hide--

You managed to cover Good News & Good works in the same post. Way to go Jerry! highfive
09/18/2012 new
Good Deeds..... My niece has agreed to help me getting my house settled in, it is fun times for me having her around....
09/18/2012 new
A friend from work shared with me earlier how she spent her vacation time, very inspiring. She spent a week in Galveston with her adult son volunteering at a gathering of disabled, blind vets. Most of which are in their early 20's and have just returned from Aftganistan. She said it was a very humbling and rewarding time..... rose
09/19/2012 new
In Mar 2007 my son was in a terrible car accident and spent almost a week at an Oklahoma City hospital. There was one very special teacher from High school that made the trip to visit us while we were there. His high school band teacher Mr L., Andrews main worry was that he would miss his audition for college band. Andrew was able to audition in his wheel chair and used one year of the college band scholarship.

I always appreciated Mr L because he was a strong Christian role model for my son and others who were raised by single parent families.....kudos to Mr L and others like him who are teachers for all the right reasons.... fluffy
09/19/2012 new

Just the other day when it began raining (we had nearly 3 days worth!) I was on the freeway and observed the "glazed over" look the roads get from the grease and rain mixed together. And thought....."this is when accidents can happen" Just as I thought this...a young lady in front and to the left of me was changing lanes and her car "hydroplaned" She just veered.....skated actually sideways and lost control and went off into a shallow culvert. I moved my car to the shoulder and went down the shallow hill to see what I could do. She knew exactly what had happened and was shaken. (plus her car had sort of bottomed out and was stuck in the grass) I offered to stay with her....and she nodded....as she made her cell phone call for help. So I stayed with her till help arrived. I told her...I "didn't think her car was seriously hurt"....and asked again if she was okay. She said, " I am.....and thank you for staying"

09/19/2012 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Just the other day when it began raining (we had nearly 3 days worth!) I was on the freeway and observed the &q...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Just the other day when it began raining (we had nearly 3 days worth!) I was on the freeway and observed the "glazed over" look the roads get from the grease and rain mixed together. And thought....."this is when accidents can happen" Just as I thought this...a young lady in front and to the left of me was changing lanes and her car "hydroplaned" She just veered.....skated actually sideways and lost control and went off into a shallow culvert. I moved my car to the shoulder and went down the shallow hill to see what I could do. She knew exactly what had happened and was shaken. (plus her car had sort of bottomed out and was stuck in the grass) I offered to stay with her....and she nodded....as she made her cell phone call for help. So I stayed with her till help arrived. I told her...I "didn't think her car was seriously hurt"....and asked again if she was okay. She said, " I am.....and thank you for staying"

--hide--

I am certain even with her in shock having you there helped her stay calm until help arrived.... highfive
09/19/2012 new

I think this falls under, "Good News."

I have a dear friend who suffers from severe depression. This issue has been a life long struggle for her.

Last week she was going through another bout with it. I called her, and talked for several hours with her. We finished up our conversation with me asking her if she would like me to pray with her. She said she didn't think she could pray at that moment, but I told her, she didn't have to, that I would do the praying and she could just listen.

Well the next day she showed up at my door, which shocked me (she usually is in bed for weeks when going through the depression). She came in, and we sat and talked for an hour or so, then we went for a three mile walk, hung up a wall quiolt, and then out to dinner. I told her that I was so surprised to see her, as I thought there was no way in hell she would be up and functioning.

She informed me....It was your prayer and taking the time to listen to me. So I'd say, prayer is a mighty powerful tool. God is so good.

09/19/2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: I think this falls under, "Good News." I have a dear friend who suffers...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

I think this falls under, "Good News."

I have a dear friend who suffers from severe depression. This issue has been a life long struggle for her.

Last week she was going through another bout with it. I called her, and talked for several hours with her. We finished up our conversation with me asking her if she would like me to pray with her. She said she didn't think she could pray at that moment, but I told her, she didn't have to, that I would do the praying and she could just listen.

Well the next day she showed up at my door, which shocked me (she usually is in bed for weeks when going through the depression). She came in, and we sat and talked for an hour or so, then we went for a three mile walk, hung up a wall quiolt, and then out to dinner. I told her that I was so surprised to see her, as I thought there was no way in hell she would be up and functioning.

She informed me....It was your prayer and taking the time to listen to me. So I'd say, prayer is a mighty powerful tool. God is so good.

--hide--
Outstanding! The best kind of "Good Deed" Linda!

Posts 11 - 20 of 200