Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Nov 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: I have relied on the kindness of others a lot over the years. Once I was even helped by a man who was a ...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: I have relied on the kindness of others a lot over the years. Once I was even helped by a man who was a Shriner clown on his way to the circus in OKC. My son was with me at the time and he was only around four years old. Thankfully my helper was not in costume since my son was afraid of clowns.....

--hide--
He's not the only one!

Nov 3rd 2012 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: He's not the only one!
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

He's not the only one!

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing wink
Nov 4th 2012 new

I started a club page on Facebook for my workplace. So far 57 members have signed up and look in often to see miy good news. I take photos around the school for our former and present employees to look at. It is a fun room to go into to reminese over all the good times we've shared together during the past 30 years.

Nov 4th 2012 new

this year I am working in first grade. I take out 6 small groups of children into another classroom to help them learn to read. Everyday, when I pick them up, Douglas tells me how pretty I look. I asked him if he tells his teacher and mother that and he replied with no. I told him he needs to start telling them that same thing because it will make them happy to hear it. He smiled at me then agreed with me. I love the compliments he gives me each day. One day he will be a kind husband to one lucky woman!

Nov 4th 2012 new
(Quote) Connie-17641 said: this year I am working in first grade. I take out 6 small groups of children into another classroom to help the...
(Quote) Connie-17641 said:

this year I am working in first grade. I take out 6 small groups of children into another classroom to help them learn to read. Everyday, when I pick them up, Douglas tells me how pretty I look. I asked him if he tells his teacher and mother that and he replied with no. I told him he needs to start telling them that same thing because it will make them happy to hear it. He smiled at me then agreed with me. I love the compliments he gives me each day. One day he will be a kind husband to one lucky woman!

--hide--

How sweet is that....sounds very rewarding....
Nov 4th 2012 new

I love my job because of the kids there. they make my day complete.

Nov 5th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: I looked it up and has been a couple of months since we did one of these. I have abbreviated it t...

I looked it up and has been a couple of months since we did one of these. I have abbreviated it to "Good Deeds....Good News" since "Good Works" are good deeds as well....so once again...don't be shy!
What have YOU or OTHERS you have observed done which would qualify as "Good Deeds"?..or What have you observed as "Good News" (the world could use more Good News!)
Here goes:
Tonight I was going in a convenience store.....and as I approached the front door a young woman held the door open for me. (she actually held it for awhile as I slowly lumbered my fat self up to the door and said, "Thank you!" "You're most welcome." ....was her reply. So nice there are such good people in this world!
God bless all, and Good Luck!...

--hide--

I went to my favorite grocery store shortly after my husband passed away, and stopped by the bakery, looked longingly at the chocolate eclairs and decided to buy one for myself. My late husband used to stop at the same bakery and bring me home chocolate eclairs all the time - and for no specific reason - he just knew how much I liked them. When I was purchasing my eclair, my eyes actually filled with tears remembering how my husband used to bring them home for me. The very nice lady that was helping me, (and whom I'd never met) looked at me and asked me what was wrong and I told her. She then came out from behind the counter and give me the biggest, nicest hug and told me some very nice comforting words. It felt so good and I told her so and thanked her for her very nice and sweet gesture.

You do sometimes get the nicest gifts from total strangers and truly feel God's at work.

Nov 5th 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: I am grateful to our local police department. This morning I was up early and decided to go to Mc...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

I am grateful to our local police department. This morning I was up early and decided to go to McDonald's for one of their fabulous sausage biscuits. (I love those things, but rarely do I indulge...You know the old saying, "A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips)

Anyhoo, as I was going home I noticed an elderly gentleman on the side of the road in one of those motorized scooters. He was sitting there with his head in his hands. This road is our main two lane highway, so something about him being on the shoulder didn't sit well with me. I was certainly concerned for his safety. So I went up the road and the first spot I could find to turn around, I did. I went back to him and parked in someones driveway because I didn't want to be sitting on the shoulder. I got out and walked up to the man and gently touched him on the shoulder and asked him if he was okay. He looked up at me and I could tell he was confused. He told me he didn't know where he was at. I felt so sad for him. I asked him if he had a wallet on him. He found his wallet and gave it to me. I checked his ID and saw his address. He wasn't very far from home, but I didn't know how I was going to be able to get him there so I called the police dept. The police showed up within minutes (small town). The police thanked me for taking the time to stop and check on this elderly man, as well as calling them. They assured me they would get the gentleman home safe and sound.

--hide--

Kuddos to you Linda. That was a lovely thing you did for this elderly man. I'm sure his family is very grateful to you for making sure he got home safe. It's sad to see so very few people care these days. No one seems to want to get involved in anything anymore. You did the right thing and should be proud of yourself. By the way, I love them sausage bicuits from McDonald's too.

Nov 5th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: I guess this would be a "Good Deed" I was at a small video store where the young lady c...

I guess this would be a "Good Deed" I was at a small video store where the young lady checking me out was being trained. (3rd day)
I said to her: "Well, you are not only doing a great job but... your very pretty as well" She blushed but did say thanks. As I was leaving with the movies she said..."Sir thanks for the business and.....thank you again...you made my day!"

--hide--

Jerry, that was very nice for you to say to this young lady. Often times the smallest of things/compliments can make someone's day. I had a birthday in September and received many good wishes from friends and family through my Facebook account, but then there was this special wish from someone I didn't know (a friend of a friend) and he wrote "I hope you have a wonderful birthday princess."

Not knowing who he was, I was surprised, both by the birthday wishes but certainly by being called "princess." So, I wrote him a short note to thank him and tell him how odd (and nice) it was to have someone call me "princess", since I was 63 years old and no one has called me that in decades. He then wrote back again, told me whose friend he was and then said, well, no matter what age you are, to me, all women are princesses. He too made my day extra special.

Nov 5th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Today as I was driving to Mass....Jim (my housemate) called to find out how far I was from the ho...

Today as I was driving to Mass....Jim (my housemate) called to find out how far I was from the house. I said, "I just left....why?" He said his motorcycle was stalled next to the highway...that he had gotten low on fuel and thought there would be more in the reserve tank. There wasn't enough to get him to the next exit down. (this is out in the country) And he said, "But a guy on a Harley stopped to see what was wrong and said he'd be back in 10 or 15 minutes with a gallon of gas. But he has been gone 30 minutes now." So I was wondering if he doesn't show up quick can you come back and get me?" I said, "I am exiting right now" Jim then said, "Wait. This guy promised he'd show up and I think this is him in a pickup. It is him....Jerry don't worry he is the same guy and he is getting a tank out of the bed of the truck." (the Good Samaritan had indeed kept his promise!) So he said he was fine and for me to continue on to Church. I said, "Well call me back when you are at a station. And don't hold back Jim (he is a bit frugal...ha!) get your tank filled up!" He called back and indicated everything was fine...and that this other motorcyclist lived 10 miles from where he was! A 20 mile round trip! Jim said, "Guess there are some good people in this world huh?" I said, "Of course there are Jim."

--hide--
Jerry, that was a very kind way of saying Jim is cheap!! shocked laughing laughing Something only a good friend can get away with. shhh

The "Good News" here is that the "Good Samaritan" wasn't frugal with his generosity and time. I'm sure Jim was grateful and will pay it forward.

Posts 181 - 190 of 200