Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Nov 5th 2012 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Bless her......and bless you Brenda!
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Bless her......and bless you Brenda!

--hide--

I have good news!!! This friend that I sopped for groceries for has been able to return to work this morning!!!! And she had the sweetest thank you card for me..... heart
Nov 5th 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: I am grateful to our local police department. This morning I was up early and decided to go to Mc...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

I am grateful to our local police department. This morning I was up early and decided to go to McDonald's for one of their fabulous sausage biscuits. (I love those things, but rarely do I indulge...You know the old saying, "A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips)

Anyhoo, as I was going home I noticed an elderly gentleman on the side of the road in one of those motorized scooters. He was sitting there with his head in his hands. This road is our main two lane highway, so something about him being on the shoulder didn't sit well with me. I was certainly concerned for his safety. So I went up the road and the first spot I could find to turn around, I did. I went back to him and parked in someones driveway because I didn't want to be sitting on the shoulder. I got out and walked up to the man and gently touched him on the shoulder and asked him if he was okay. He looked up at me and I could tell he was confused. He told me he didn't know where he was at. I felt so sad for him. I asked him if he had a wallet on him. He found his wallet and gave it to me. I checked his ID and saw his address. He wasn't very far from home, but I didn't know how I was going to be able to get him there so I called the police dept. The police showed up within minutes (small town). The police thanked me for taking the time to stop and check on this elderly man, as well as calling them. They assured me they would get the gentleman home safe and sound.

--hide--

Linda,

This was really sweet of you. I wonder how many people drove past this poor man and didn't even notice. You were an angel to stop and help him.

Nov 5th 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: That should be "is" not "us." Someday my good deed will be to invent a phone ...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

That should be "is" not "us." Someday my good deed will be to invent a phone that types what I say so it is not dependent on my misplaced thumbs!

--hide--

Kathy, there is a software program that actually allows you to do that in your computer. I was intrigued but didn't research it further. One, I speak with an accent and wondered if the software would understand me well enough, Two, I very often write in Spanish to friends and family and wondered also if this software understood other languages. And it's actually not very expensive, but, sorry, I can't remember its name.

Nov 5th 2012 new

Dragon. It is called Dragon, and you can actually find it here...

www.nuance.com

I noticed the prices have gone up too since I first saw it advertised.

Nov 5th 2012 new

(Quote) Maria-846262 said: Dragon. It is called Dragon, and you can actually find it here... http://www.nuance.co...
(Quote) Maria-846262 said:

Dragon. It is called Dragon, and you can actually find it here...

www.nuance.com

I noticed the prices have gone up too since I first saw it advertised.

--hide--

I've just contacted a live person on line at this company and they told me it also understands Spanish. Bingo!

Nov 5th 2012 new

This is good news, but doesn't really have the impact of the rest of your good deeds.

This is the 2nd year I've taken my son deer hunting. It is a sport I enjoyed with his dad for many years. "M" never had the pleasure in sharing and learning from him, so I do what I can to share the stories and teach the ethics of a good hunter. Well, this year he got his first deer. It was a good shot and a clean kill. I was close enough to hear him so I texted him and asked if he could see where it was and if he wanted me to come over there. He did. So, I was able to take in his excitement first hand. Sharing that moment was really special. We called his uncle to help gut it and get it back to camp. (It's what he wants us to do. He is the orchestrator around there.)

We then went back to our stands to continue hunting. I got teared up thinking about how proud his dad would have been and was really sad that he couldn't be there with us. Fortunately, I was able to walk back to camp with my son, and share more of his story. It was like a changing of the seasons of sorts. Instead of telling him the old stories, he is now making and sharing his own. I am very proud of him and the person he is becoming.

Nov 5th 2012 new
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: This is good news, but doesn't really have the impact of the rest of your good deeds.This is th...

This is good news, but doesn't really have the impact of the rest of your good deeds.

This is the 2nd year I've taken my son deer hunting. It is a sport I enjoyed with his dad for many years. "M" never had the pleasure in sharing and learning from him, so I do what I can to share the stories and teach the ethics of a good hunter. Well, this year he got his first deer. It was a good shot and a clean kill. I was close enough to hear him so I texted him and asked if he could see where it was and if he wanted me to come over there. He did. So, I was able to take in his excitement first hand. Sharing that moment was really special. We called his uncle to help gut it and get it back to camp. (It's what he wants us to do. He is the orchestrator around there.)

We then went back to our stands to continue hunting. I got teared up thinking about how proud his dad would have been and was really sad that he couldn't be there with us. Fortunately, I was able to walk back to camp with my son, and share more of his story. It was like a changing of the seasons of sorts. Instead of telling him the old stories, he is now making and sharing his own. I am very proud of him and the person he is becoming.

--hide--

That is wonderful news and my eyes teared up reading your news. What a blessing to your son you are!
Nov 5th 2012 new

Thanks, Brenda. But I think it is more that he is a blessing to me. After all, I really didn't look forward to going and he gave me this wonderful speech about how he likes spending time with me hunting and having my undivided attention. He said he can tell how much fun I have and he sees that I love being in the woods. He went on to say he has never seen me laugh so hard or tell such funny jokes. Fun was had by all, but I am definitely the one that is blessed.

Nov 5th 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: This is good news, but doesn't really have the impact of the rest of your good deeds....

--hide--
Kathy, you're wrong when you say this doesn't have the impact of other stories told here. Your story instantly brought me to tears.

Your story reminded me of my first deer hunting trip with Bob, and the first time I bagged a deer. I remember my excitement, but what I remember most is Bob sharing in this with me. He was so proud. He went around bragging to anybody and everybody who would listen. He took me out that night for a celebration.

Your story also made me recall what Bob had done for a young man who lives down the street. About three weeks before Bob passed (which was on opening day of deer season, Nov. 15th) he was talking to this young man's dad and was told in passing conversation that the young man wanted to go deer hunting for the first time that year, but didn't have a gun. Guess what Bob did? Yep, he went and got one of his many guns and gave it to the dad as a gift to his son. Fast forward to the day of Bob's funeral, (Nov. 19th) the mom of this young man was at Bob's funeral and she told me later that night that her son had bagged his first deer earlier that day with the gun Bob had given him. I knew Bob would of been so proud of this young man, not to mention how excited he would of been to share in his excitement. A young man bagging his first deer is certainly a right of passage, and Bob was a part of that.

So yes, your story was important, well to me anyway, as you've allowed me to recall some great memories. Thank you, dear. hug

P.S. please congratulate your son on mine and Bob's behalf. rose

Nov 5th 2012 new
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: Thanks, Brenda. But I think it is more that he is a blessing to me. After all, I really didn't look forward...

Thanks, Brenda. But I think it is more that he is a blessing to me. After all, I really didn't look forward to going and he gave me this wonderful speech about how he likes spending time with me hunting and having my undivided attention. He said he can tell how much fun I have and he sees that I love being in the woods. He went on to say he has never seen me laugh so hard or tell such funny jokes. Fun was had by all, but I am definitely the one that is blessed.

--hide--

I spent time with my son fishing for the same reason...at first it was so he could enjoy things with me a Dad would normally do but after spending just one weekend fishing I loved it as much as he did. I am very thankful I had that quality time with him... We had many adventures together, although I never actually hunted with him.... biggrin This topic has been automatically locked due to size. Any further discussion can be continued in a new topic.
Posts 191 - 200 of 200