Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Sep 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) John-746882 said: Good deeds and good news all wrapped up in one: This afternoon my little sister asked me if I'd come ...
(Quote) John-746882 said: Good deeds and good news all wrapped up in one: This afternoon my little sister asked me if I'd come up and babysit her two little girls (two and one years). I take every chance I get to spend time with these two little ones and even though I suppose it's a good deed I enjoy it greatly. Even the diaper changing is not too bad. Theyre down for the night now, no problems. The real good news is getting to see them after weeks of not seeing them. I was afraid they might be mad I hadn't been able to see them as often as I normally do, but it turns out absence does really make the heart grow fonder. I got the best greeting from them!
--hide--
I can sure understand that John! I am overjoyed to see my grand kids....but did indeed love to see them when they were so young. And you're right. Changing the diapers wasn't so bad. I guess part of the good news was.....when they'd get tired and whiny I got to give them back to my son!

Sep 23rd 2012 new

This would come under both: "Dad" is usually the one to pay for pool, food drinks etc.; when the boys and I "hook-up" for several games. Last night after Mass...they called me and said, "Pop, it's our turn...meet us if you're up for pool" I said, "I am always "game" and carry my stick in the car." So the guys picked up the tab...though Dad just drinks coffee. However I did get dinner too! But "Dad" has gotten a little rusty. It was 3-2 in favor of the older one....and 2-2 with the younger one!

Sep 23rd 2012 new

This would be considered "Good News" : The lady I described in my first post of the last "Good Deeds" thread who berated the older lady at the convenience store I go was there today. She has always been what I would call "gruff" with me. But today she was completely different!
She SMILED! And never does that! And then she said, "Hope you are doing good today.....do you need a bag?" (never offered before)
I guess miracles never cease! wink

Sep 23rd 2012 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: This would be considered "Good News" : The lady I described in my first post of the last "Good D...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

This would be considered "Good News" : The lady I described in my first post of the last "Good Deeds" thread who berated the older lady at the convenience store I go was there today. She has always been what I would call "gruff" with me. But today she was completely different!
She SMILED! And never does that! And then she said, "Hope you are doing good today.....do you need a bag?" (never offered before)
I guess miracles never cease!

--hide--

I am sure your friendly personality makes it difficult for her to stay gruff when you are around... wink laughing
Sep 23rd 2012 new
I have a friend who went to the Vatican in Feb 2011, mind you Linda is not Catholic. But she knows I am so she brought back two rosaries, one for me & one for my Mom. My rosary is pink & my Mom's is white. When she presented them to me she asked me if I liked her choices because she did not know what type of rosary I would like....I think it is awesome that a non-Catholic was that thoughtful of me knowing I had not been there.

She also brought me a newspaper from Colorado the year Pope John Paul II was there because it was on the front page of the paper that he was visiting while she happened to be there on company business. angel angel angel
Sep 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: This would come under both: "Dad" is usually the one to pay for pool, food drinks etc.;...

This would come under both: "Dad" is usually the one to pay for pool, food drinks etc.; when the boys and I "hook-up" for several games. Last night after Mass...they called me and said, "Pop, it's our turn...meet us if you're up for pool" I said, "I am always "game" and carry my stick in the car." So the guys picked up the tab...though Dad just drinks coffee. However I did get dinner too! But "Dad" has gotten a little rusty. It was 3-2 in favor of the older one....and 2-2 with the younger one!

--hide--
The really good news would of been if the boys had let "Dad" win. laughing laughing

I know....It's a manly/pride thang. You guys gotta win fair and square....no give-me's!!! duck monkey pirate

Sep 24th 2012 new

I don't know if this is a "Good Deed" or not....because it's what any Father would probably do. But my youngest son and I were driving yesterday
when he told me he was having a "bad" day (crying) over "M" who he/we lost 9 weeks ago. I pulled the car over and looked at him and didn't say anything. I just reached over and hugged him hard. (I didn't know what to say....or what else to do)

Sep 24th 2012 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: I don't know if this is a "Good Deed" or not....because it's what any Father would probably d...

I don't know if this is a "Good Deed" or not....because it's what any Father would probably do. But my youngest son and I were driving yesterday
when he told me he was having a "bad" day (crying) over "M" who he/we lost 9 weeks ago. I pulled the car over and looked at him and didn't say anything. I just reached over and hugged him hard. (I didn't know what to say....or what else to do)

--hide--

hug That is a very Good Deed ---and my prayers are offered for you & your son. I know this is still a very difficult time for both of you. rosary theheart
Sep 24th 2012 new
scratchchin So I purchased a second TV for my home because I decided I would really like TV in two rooms. I was actually at Wal Mart very early this morning before the Dish Installer showed up. When he was installing my dish I asked if he would check to make sure I put the base on my TV correctly. And of course he was ever so helpful to see if I had put it together properly, thank goodness because it seems I did not attach the base properly & my new TV would have fallen quite easily. scratchchin scratchchin He really was very nice about helping me & told me about a gentleman he installed Dish for recently that claimed he had his TV for several years & it was not stable either...I really think his story was just meant to make me feel better. You get a Gold Star!
Sep 25th 2012 new

Good News......

I was able to reach out to a friend yesterday who had hurt me. I found it in my heart to forgive.

Truth be told, it was hurting me spiritually. I needed to make the contact in order for me to heal.

Posts 31 - 40 of 200