Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Sep 25th 2012 new
(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Good News...... I was able to reach out to a friend yesterday who had hurt me. ...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Good News......

I was able to reach out to a friend yesterday who had hurt me. I found it in my heart to forgive.

Truth be told, it was hurting me spiritually. I needed to make the contact in order for me to heal.

--hide--

I have someone I am needing to reach out to. I am praying for the right words when I do, it is the young man who went to jail for purchasing the stuff that caused my sons death...I know God will give me the right words.... Praying
Sep 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: So I purchased a second TV for my home because I decided I would really like TV in two rooms. I was actu...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: So I purchased a second TV for my home because I decided I would really like TV in two rooms. I was actually at Wal Mart very early this morning before the Dish Installer showed up. When he was installing my dish I asked if he would check to make sure I put the base on my TV correctly. And of course he was ever so helpful to see if I had put it together properly, thank goodness because it seems I did not attach the base properly & my new TV would have fallen quite easily. He really was very nice about helping me & told me about a gentleman he installed Dish for recently that claimed he had his TV for several years & it was not stable either...I really think his story was just meant to make me feel better.
--hide--
Well that was very thoughtful of him

Sep 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Good News...... I was able to reach out to a friend yesterday who had hurt me. I ...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Good News......

I was able to reach out to a friend yesterday who had hurt me. I found it in my heart to forgive.

Truth be told, it was hurting me spiritually. I needed to make the contact in order for me to heal.

--hide--
Those are some of the hardest deeds to perform Linda....so my hat is off to you!

Sep 25th 2012 new
I just received an email that the "memorial brick" for Andrew was laid in Our Lady's garden at Prague at the Shrine of Infant Jesus....I will be making a visit soon. I love this little church, it is always so quiet and peaceful.... I hope this counts as a good works. A small donation to a worthy cause...
Sep 25th 2012 new

I am sitting here thinking about the lovely elderly couple whom I visited some years ago. One morning after morning mass, a parishioner approached me, he called me as I was leaving the church. I turned around and I saw this tall, elderly gentleman with a very needy smile. He was in his eighties. He knew I was a nurse, so he asked me if I would help him with his wife. She needed to get Vitamin B12 injections once a week, he didn't know what to do because he couldn't afford to pay for a visiting nurse nor keep up with the payments for her to go to the doctor once a week. I agreed and he gave me their name and address and phone number. That week I visited them and gave her the B12 injection she needed, she was about 86 years old or so. Her husband gave me a chocolate candy bar for payment with a big thank you and hug.
Once a week I went there for more than three years, and always was paid with a candy bar. He called me an angel.He was always so appreciative that it humbled me.
Now they are in heaven, and many times I think of them and I miss that candy bar and their smiles. I never told anybody in the church I was doing this, I didn't need to, because this is what Jesus wanted me to do.

Sep 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: I am sitting here thinking about the lovely elderly couple whom I visited some years ago. One mor...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

I am sitting here thinking about the lovely elderly couple whom I visited some years ago. One morning after morning mass, a parishioner approached me, he called me as I was leaving the church. I turned around and I saw this tall, elderly gentleman with a very needy smile. He was in his eighties. He knew I was a nurse, so he asked me if I would help him with his wife. She needed to get Vitamin B12 injections once a week, he didn't know what to do because he couldn't afford to pay for a visiting nurse nor keep up with the payments for her to go to the doctor once a week. I agreed and he gave me their name and address and phone number. That week I visited them and gave her the B12 injection she needed, she was about 86 years old or so. Her husband gave me a chocolate candy bar for payment with a big thank you and hug.
Once a week I went there for more than three years, and always was paid with a candy bar. He called me an angel.He was always so appreciative that it humbled me.
Now they are in heaven, and many times I think of them and I miss that candy bar and their smiles. I never told anybody in the church I was doing this, I didn't need to, because this is what Jesus wanted me to do.

--hide--
My word Cindy! (one of the best I've heard of) Keep up the good work!

Sep 26th 2012 new

Last week I left the office a little late. Late enough that my 30 minute trek to home can turn into 50 or an hour easily. So....i went by the the assisted living facilities where my Father had once lived. Many of the same folks were there....and quite a few gone. One was a good friend of my Dads' who lived to be 95! Such a nice lady too!

But the ones who remain....plus some new friends were overjoyed I paid them all a visit. I recommend visiting the elderly to all. You will feel good about yourself....plus it makes their day! Because many are NOT visited by members of their families which is a travesty in my opinion.

I sat with a group of 5 ladies...4 of which know me. They made my day when they said, "Oh hon....you remind us so much of your Daddy!"

I said, "Well I'd like to BE like him"

Sep 26th 2012 new

Every few weeks I drive up to the nursing home near Baltimore to see my mom and her younger sister, my Godmother. I pick up one of my brothers along the way and we visit for a few hours. They both are in the advanced stages of a form of dementia- they know us by sight, but struggle with our names. Their clothing has a tendency to disappear, so we inventory their dresser drawers and closets to replace things on our next visit. No valuables obviously. Mom and my Aunt were always close, but now they are inseparable. My sisters visit when they can, and are more perceptive than we are so we all discuss their care. They enjoy our time with them, and we sure feel a lot better after our visits.

Sep 27th 2012 new

That us beautiful, Cindy! I could see their smiles in your story.

Sep 27th 2012 new

That should be "is" not "us." Someday my good deed will be to invent a phone that types what I say so it is not dependent on my misplaced thumbs!

Posts 41 - 50 of 200