Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

09/27/2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: That should be "is" not "us." Someday my good deed will be to invent a phone ...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

That should be "is" not "us." Someday my good deed will be to invent a phone that types what I say so it is not dependent on my misplaced thumbs!

--hide--
Hi Kathy, wave

That new invention would certainly fall under the category of "Good News". laughing laughing

09/27/2012 new

We did the same Brenda, but mine was every Christmas.

Way back in my country, the Philippines, I used to prepare 200 bags full of candies, cookies, fruits, and toys for the children in our neighborhood. Early on Christmas day after church, children lined up on our front gate waiting for the distribution of the gifts. My two children then in their 7 and 8 did the distribution. I was told the children were sad that we left the country. Now my children, 37 and 36 can list "generous" as an adjective that defines them.

Here in the US on Christmas day I set aside 2 fifty dollar bills, placed it in two envelopes and randomly give them to the beggars on the street.

09/27/2012 new
(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said: We did the same Brenda, but mine was every Christmas. Way back in my country, the Philippin...
(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said:

Way back in my country, the Philippines, I used to prepare 200 bags full of candies, cookies, fruits, and toys for the children in our neighborhood. Early on Christmas day after church, children lined up on our front gate waiting for the distribution of the gifts. My two children then in their 7 and 8 did the distribution. I was told the children were sad that we left the country. Now my children, 37 and 36 can list "generous" as an adjective that defines them.

Here in the US on Christmas day I set aside 2 fifty dollar bills, placed it in two envelopes and randomly give them to the beggars on the street.

--hide--

Very good deed angel
09/27/2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Every few weeks I drive up to the nursing home near Baltimore to see my mom and her younger siste...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Every few weeks I drive up to the nursing home near Baltimore to see my mom and her younger sister, my Godmother. I pick up one of my brothers along the way and we visit for a few hours. They both are in the advanced stages of a form of dementia- they know us by sight, but struggle with our names. Their clothing has a tendency to disappear, so we inventory their dresser drawers and closets to replace things on our next visit. No valuables obviously. Mom and my Aunt were always close, but now they are inseparable. My sisters visit when they can, and are more perceptive than we are so we all discuss their care. They enjoy our time with them, and we sure feel a lot better after our visits.

--hide--
That is GREAT Peter!

09/27/2012 new

(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said: We did the same Brenda, but mine was every Christmas. Way back in my country, the Phi...

--hide--
By passing on the gifts of generosity and compassion to your children, you have created a beautiful legacy that they will pass on to their children! theheart

09/27/2012 new

(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said: We did the same Brenda, but mine was every Christmas. Way back in my country, the Phi...

--hide--
Very "Good Deed" indeed! Thanks for sharing~

09/27/2012 new
It is no secret I was a band mom for many years. I continue to donate to the band my son performed with for a couple of reasons: Mr L is about the best Christian band director you can ask for and I was privileged to be allowed to go on two of his band trips... I fell in love with bith Chicago and San Antonio on his planned trips. The band performed at the Alamo in San Antonio... Such good memories...
09/28/2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: I am sitting here thinking about the lovely elderly couple whom I visited some years ago. One mor...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

I am sitting here thinking about the lovely elderly couple whom I visited some years ago. One morning after morning mass, a parishioner approached me, he called me as I was leaving the church. I turned around and I saw this tall, elderly gentleman with a very needy smile. He was in his eighties. He knew I was a nurse, so he asked me if I would help him with his wife. She needed to get Vitamin B12 injections once a week, he didn't know what to do because he couldn't afford to pay for a visiting nurse nor keep up with the payments for her to go to the doctor once a week. I agreed and he gave me their name and address and phone number. That week I visited them and gave her the B12 injection she needed, she was about 86 years old or so. Her husband gave me a chocolate candy bar for payment with a big thank you and hug.
Once a week I went there for more than three years, and always was paid with a candy bar. He called me an angel.He was always so appreciative that it humbled me.
Now they are in heaven, and many times I think of them and I miss that candy bar and their smiles. I never told anybody in the church I was doing this, I didn't need to, because this is what Jesus wanted me to do.

--hide--
I have a long list of random acts of kindness since I was young up to the present. Below is a testimonial that relates to what Jesus Christ had said that if we do good things, our Father in Heaven will reward us back seven times fold.

1. I was visiting my sister in the hospital when I noticed a woman sobbing over her sleeping son on the bed. I approached her and asked what was her problem. Her son had thyphoid fever and could die without the medicine the doctor prescribed; she had no money. I gave her the money plus some extra. 2. My house helper was spitting blood from advance tuberculosis. I kept her in my house, did not send her home until she was cured. With the help of my sisters I bought her medicine and did not deduct a penny from her salary. 3. Another helper had raptured appendicitis, had it removed at my expense and no salary deduction. 4. The brother of my other house helper had stones in his bladder. I set up a fund raiser in the school where I was teaching to pay for his dialysis. Unfortunately the help came too late. He died.

The reward. In 1986 my then ten-year old daughter was diagnosed with a malignant bone cancer that cause her left-leg amputation and we have to come here in the US for her chemotherapy, the Methodist Hospital and TIRR in Houston, TX and the doctors did not charge us a penny. In 2001 when my son had internal bleeding in his brain from aneurysm, again the Methodist Hospital and TIRR in Houston, TX and the doctors did not charge us a penny.

2. Having a househelper was affordable in my country because there were so many young girls coming from poor families who would work as such. I always had two in my house. I sent them to school and they took turns - one in the morning schedule, then one in the afternoon schedule. All my househelper left my house already a college graduate - 2 school teachers, 2 business administration, i secretarial, and 1 nautical science (sailor). I only deduct P10 from their salaries. One of the school teacher was the one with tuberculosis.

The reward. In spite of their disabilities, my two children finished their Masters in Business Administration - Accounting. They both work with big oil companies in Houston, one as a Financial Analyst and the other as an Auditor. My son just pass the CPA License last December 2012. The only expenditure I had during their students days was their pocket money, gas and books. They both had scholarships and studied in a private Catholic University.

What more can I say but Thank God for all this. Now my project is to set up a foundation - a Free Rehab Facility for people with disabilities in my country. I am in the stage of raising money for the building through my book writing. Please pray that I may be able to make this project a reality. People with disabilities in my country don't have the opportunities that my children have here in the US.

09/28/2012 new
(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said: I have a long list of random acts of kindness since I was young up to the present. Below is a testimonial...

I have a long list of random acts of kindness since I was young up to the present. Below is a testimonial that relates to what Jesus Christ had said that if we do good things, our Father in Heaven will reward us back seven times fold.

1. I was visiting my sister in the hospital when I noticed a woman sobbing over her sleeping son on the bed. I approached her and asked what was her problem. Her son had thyphoid fever and could die without the medicine the doctor prescribed; she had no money. I gave her the money plus some extra. 2. My house helper was spitting blood from advance tuberculosis. I kept her in my house, did not send her home until she was cured. With the help of my sisters I bought her medicine and did not deduct a penny from her salary. 3. Another helper had raptured appendicitis, had it removed at my expense and no salary deduction. 4. The brother of my other house helper had stones in his bladder. I set up a fund raiser in the school where I was teaching to pay for his dialysis. Unfortunately the help came too late. He died.

The reward. In 1986 my then ten-year old daughter was diagnosed with a malignant bone cancer that cause her left-leg amputation and we have to come here in the US for her chemotherapy, the Methodist Hospital and TIRR in Houston, TX and the doctors did not charge us a penny. In 2001 when my son had internal bleeding in his brain from aneurysm, again the Methodist Hospital and TIRR in Houston, TX and the doctors did not charge us a penny.

2. Having a househelper was affordable in my country because there were so many young girls coming from poor families who would work as such. I always had two in my house. I sent them to school and they took turns - one in the morning schedule, then one in the afternoon schedule. All my househelper left my house already a college graduate - 2 school teachers, 2 business administration, i secretarial, and 1 nautical science (sailor). I only deduct P10 from their salaries. One of the school teacher was the one with tuberculosis.

The reward. In spite of their disabilities, my two children finished their Masters in Business Administration - Accounting. They both work with big oil companies in Houston, one as a Financial Analyst and the other as an Auditor. My son just pass the CPA License last December 2012. The only expenditure I had during their students days was their pocket money, gas and books. They both had scholarships and studied in a private Catholic University.

What more can I say but Thank God for all this. Now my project is to set up a foundation - a Free Rehab Facility for people with disabilities in my country. I am in the stage of raising money for the building through my book writing. Please pray that I may be able to make this project a reality. People with disabilities in my country don't have the opportunities that my children have here in the US.

--hide--
WOW what a blessing you are to others!

hug angel
09/28/2012 new

(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: I am sitting here thinking about the lovel...

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

I am sitting here thinking about the lovely elderly couple whom I visited some years ago. One morning after morning mass, a parishioner approached me, he called me as I was leaving the church. I turned around and I saw this tall, elderly gentleman with a very needy smile. He was in his eighties. He knew I was a nurse, so he asked me if I would help him with his wife. She needed to get Vitamin B12 injections once a week, he didn't know what to do because he couldn't afford to pay for a visiting nurse nor keep up with the payments for her to go to the doctor once a week. I agreed and he gave me their name and address and phone number. That week I visited them and gave her the B12 injection she needed, she was about 86 years old or so. Her husband gave me a chocolate candy bar for payment with a big thank you and hug.
Once a week I went there for more than three years, and always was paid with a candy bar. He called me an angel.He was always so appreciative that it humbled me.
Now they are in heaven, and many times I think of them and I miss that candy bar and their smiles. I never told anybody in the church I was doing this, I didn't need to, because this is what Jesus wanted me to do.

--hide--

Liberacion,

God has lifted you high and poured out His graces upon you. God loves you very much. He has formed you into a noble.

"How blest are the poor in spirit: the reign of God is theirs.

"Blest too are the sorrowing; they shall be consoled.

"Blest are the lowly. they shall inherit the land.

"Blest are they who hunger and thirst for holiness; they shall have their fill.

" Blest are they who show mercy; mercy shall be theirs.

"Blest are the single -hearted for they shall see God.

"Blest too the peacemakers; they shall be called sons of God.

"Blest are those persecuted for holiness' sake; the reign of God is theirs.

"Blest are you when they insult you and persecute you and utter every kind of slander against you because of me.

Be glad and rejoice, for your reward is great in heaven;
they persecuted the prophets before you in the very same way.

Matthew 5:3-12

You are living the Beatitudes. The gifts of the Holy Spirit dwell within you, and each time you act on the deeds, the gifts are increased for you to succeed the deed. It is your shield, your armour. This is the way we climb the stairway to heaven. Dove

I graciously will pray for you to achieve the works that has been planned. Your success is in using the gifts and trusting God.

Let us pray: Praying

" Praise be the God and Father of Our Lord Jesus Christ,

Who has bestowed on us in Christ every spiritual blessing in the heavens!

God chose us in Him before the world began, to be holy and blameless in His sight,

to be full of love; He likewise predestined us through Christ Jesus to be His adopted sons-

such was His will and pleasure- that all might praise the glorious favor He has bestowed on us in His beloved." Ephesians 1:3-6

Amen

Posts 51 - 60 of 200