Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Sep 28th 2012 new
As many of you know my sister has been battling Non hodkins lymphoma, and bone cancer several years.

I have always helped with projects raising money for cancer walks, bake sales etc. I guess I have been a bit more involved now. This morning my coworker texted me that a local bank is having their cancer bake sale today. She said the bank always counts on our group being their biggest supporter... fluffy it is a good feeling knowing we do help their bake sale be successful!
Sep 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Liberacion,God has lifted you high and poured out His graces upon you. God lo...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

Liberacion,

God has lifted you high and poured out His graces upon you. God loves you very much. He has formed you into a noble.

"How blest are the poor in spirit: the reign of God is theirs.

"Blest too are the sorrowing; they shall be consoled.

"Blest are the lowly. they shall inherit the land.

"Blest are they who hunger and thirst for holiness; they shall have their fill.

" Blest are they who show mercy; mercy shall be theirs.

"Blest are the single -hearted for they shall see God.

"Blest too the peacemakers; they shall be called sons of God.

"Blest are those persecuted for holiness' sake; the reign of God is theirs.

"Blest are you when they insult you and persecute you and utter every kind of slander against you because of me.

Be glad and rejoice, for your reward is great in heaven;
they persecuted the prophets before you in the very same way.

Matthew 5:3-12

You are living the Beatitudes. The gifts of the Holy Spirit dwell within you, and each time you act on the deeds, the gifts are increased for you to succeed the deed. It is your shield, your armour. This is the way we climb the stairway to heaven.

I graciously will pray for you to achieve the works that has been planned. Your success is in using the gifts and trusting God.

Let us pray:

" Praise be the God and Father of Our Lord Jesus Christ,

Who has bestowed on us in Christ every spiritual blessing in the heavens!

God chose us in Him before the world began, to be holy and blameless in His sight,

to be full of love; He likewise predestined us through Christ Jesus to be His adopted sons-

such was His will and pleasure- that all might praise the glorious favor He has bestowed on us in His beloved." Ephesians 1:3-6

Amen

--hide--
Cindy. Thanks for the invocation. O could not help but cry as I read them. I know this is the mission He wants me to do. Keep me in your prayers.

Sep 28th 2012 new
Good deeds

My current supervisor organized a going away lunch for one of our 'pink ladies' and invited my old supervisor to the lunch at Red lobster. It was good to see Judy doing so well, she walked into the hospital in March thinking she had heart trouble only to find out she had leukemia and ended up staying in the hospital till late May .. Praise God she is doing better now. The good deed was my current supervisor buying all of our lunches today and basically allowing us a long lunch on company time..... rose
Sep 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Good News...... I was able to reach out to a friend yesterday who had hurt me. I ...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Good News......

I was able to reach out to a friend yesterday who had hurt me. I found it in my heart to forgive.

Truth be told, it was hurting me spiritually. I needed to make the contact in order for me to heal.

--hide--
An update to this story......

I received an invitation in the mail yesterday from this friend. She had invited me to a party that is being given in her honor. Dove

Sep 29th 2012 new
(Quote) Linda-624584 said: An update to this story...... I received an invitation in the mail yesterday fr...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

An update to this story......

I received an invitation in the mail yesterday from this friend. She had invited me to a party that is being given in her honor.

--hide--

Praise God!!! Sounds like you have answers to your prayers! hug
Sep 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said: Cindy. Thanks for the invocation. O could not help but cry as I read them. I know this is th...
(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said:

Cindy. Thanks for the invocation. O could not help but cry as I read them. I know this is the mission He wants me to do. Keep me in your prayers.

--hide--
Liberacion...thank you so much for your wonderful contributions to this thread. Every time I start one of these I am enlightened by...and overwhelmed with everyone's kindness...with their "Good Deeds"....and acts of kindness!

Sep 29th 2012 new

Thank you to a very good friend that encouraged me today. I feel blessed to have gotten the help I needed to move forward.

Oct 1st 2012 new

Just yesterday I heard that two Good Samaritans jumped into a cold bay to save an 84 year old lady who had lost control of her car.

She is in serious but stable condition. (at last report) One of the gentlemen interviewed said what they always seem to say: "I did what most people would do and didn't think about how dangerous....or how unsafe for me it was"

Oct 1st 2012 new

Good News/Good Deed all in one! A priest I know is saying a Mass today in honor of my Mom...whose birthday is/was today. Also, my Mom very much admired St Theresa of the Child Jesus and had read countless books about her. Today...is also the feast of St Theresa!

Oct 1st 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Good News/Good Deed all in one! A priest I know is saying a Mass today in honor of my Mom...whose...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Good News/Good Deed all in one! A priest I know is saying a Mass today in honor of my Mom...whose birthday is/was today. Also, my Mom very much admired St Theresa of the Child Jesus and had read countless books about her. Today...is also the feast of St Theresa!

--hide--

My mom loves St Thereserose too. Recently my Aunt was diagnosed with cancer and is dying from it. She lives far away from us- in Canada. This Aunt has been terribly hurt in life due to an unending a series of misfortunes and losses. She has been expressing anger toward many relatives and in general. My mom spent time in prayer for her a few nights ago. When my other Aunt went in to visit her the next day-- she was smiling for the first time! when my Aunt walked in and it was totally diffiernt how she was. My mom had been praying for emotional healing for her. It looks like God answered those prayers. Never underestimate the power of prayer!!! rose

Posts 61 - 70 of 200