Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Sep 15th 2012 new

$1.328 CDN/L * 3.78541 L/G * 1.03 CDN to US $ exchange rate = $5.18

Sep 15th 2012 new
(Quote) Jason-55847 said: What are you guys paying for gas?I just filled up my car and it was 4.09 a gallon that was the best price I co...
(Quote) Jason-55847 said:

What are you guys paying for gas?I just filled up my car and it was 4.09 a gallon that was the best price I could get here in Ct. outrageous right?

--hide--

Gas prices in my area in Northern California are ranging from $3.89 to $4.15.
Sep 15th 2012 new

Its amazing the differences from state to state and even within an area. I get that there are tax differences from state to state. But some of us can just drive to a neighboring town and pay a difference of 20 cents/gallon. That seems a little extreme to me.

Sep 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Jason-55847 said: What are you guys paying for gas?I just filled up my car and it was 4.09 a gallon that was the bes...
(Quote) Jason-55847 said:

What are you guys paying for gas?I just filled up my car and it was 4.09 a gallon that was the best price I could get here in Ct. outrageous right?

--hide--

It's outrageous because the gas companies and just be gluttonous to fil their pockets, when people are loosing their jobs and can't afford the high cost. NYC tonight was $4.23

Sep 15th 2012 new

Lowest price here is $3.87

To check your local prices online go to Gas Buddy.com Find the State and city closest to you. It will give a list of the lowest and highest prices. If you click on the map Icon of a station in the list it will show the location,. More important , you can expand the map by the scale in the upper left hand of the map. I usually go the 6th box from the right to show prices of the entire area here. Selecting higher than 6 will show prices color coded by county/parish. The farther left you go the wider the area it will show all the way to the entire country. You can double left click on your mouse over where your city is/should be and bring up your city, closing in as you continue to double click. You can also hold down the left mouse button to move the map.

The only way for this to work in your area is to enter the gas prices you see in your area and make your friends aware. You can do this on the page showing the lists of lowest and highest prices. I use it to plan my gas stops when I am taking a trip. Best way to see how it works is to go there and play with it a little and enter local prices.

www.gasbuddy.com

Steve wave

Sep 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Ed-890453 said: Anywhere from $4.09 to $4.26 here in south San Francisco Bay area. Typically $4.17 close to home.
(Quote) Ed-890453 said: Anywhere from $4.09 to $4.26 here in south San Francisco Bay area. Typically $4.17 close to home.
--hide--

I believe this is what we have too. I will check tomorrow but I saw this price range today at Chevron while going by.

Sep 16th 2012 new

--hide--

ED welcome to the forums! Post more often here!

Sep 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-25961 said: (Quote) Jason-55847 said: What are you guys paying for gas?I just filled up ...
(Quote) Mary-25961 said:

Quote:
Jason-55847 said:

It's outrageous because the gas companies and just be gluttonous to fil their pockets, when people are loosing their jobs and can't afford the high cost. NYC tonight was $4.23

--hide--

Mary,

New York state charges 67.4 cents per gallon. take that from your $4.23 and it is 3.556 per gallon. Approximately 20% is taxes, highestState gas tax in the country

Steve wave

Sep 16th 2012 new
(Quote) Steve-72317 said: Lowest price here is $3.87 To check your local prices online go to Gas Buddy.com Find the State and city ...
(Quote) Steve-72317 said:

Lowest price here is $3.87

To check your local prices online go to Gas Buddy.com Find the State and city closest to you. It will give a list of the lowest and highest prices. If you click on the map Icon of a station in the list it will show the location,. More important , you can expand the map by the scale in the upper left hand of the map. I usually go the 6th box from the right to show prices of the entire area here. Selecting higher than 6 will show prices color coded by county/parish. The farther left you go the wider the area it will show all the way to the entire country. You can double left click on your mouse over where your city is/should be and bring up your city, closing in as you continue to double click. You can also hold down the left mouse button to move the map.

The only way for this to work in your area is to enter the gas prices you see in your area and make your friends aware. You can do this on the page showing the lists of lowest and highest prices. I use it to plan my gas stops when I am taking a trip. Best way to see how it works is to go there and play with it a little and enter local prices.

www.gasbuddy.com

Steve

--hide--
Gas Buddy is a good website. They also have an app for iPhone/iPad. Don't know about Android.
Sep 16th 2012 new

Forget the price of gas... How much time does it take to drive 200 miles a day?
I'd rather sleep in the car...lol...good luck finding a place even if only for 4 nights a week.

Posts 21 - 30 of 88