Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Sep 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Steve-72317 said: Our gas prices are due to the Obama energy policy and refusal to allow domestic oil production app...
(Quote) Steve-72317 said:

Our gas prices are due to the Obama energy policy and refusal to allow domestic oil production approval in the US. The gas & oil production in the US on Federal Lands has been reduced to its lowest levels in 10 years due to Obama policies Which he hopes to raise the price to that of the Europeans at about $10.00 per gallon. There is more oil in North America Than in the Middle East if it were not for Obama cancelling oil leases in his 2nd week of office

blog.heritage.org

Steve

--hide--

Steve, finally some sanity from someone.

Known reserves in the US are sufficient to supply world needs for 100 +yrs.

Right now the biggest single investor in US oil is the Norwegian State Oil Company. They do it because they know that sooner or later the moronic and silly policies being followed here will eventually fall before the realities that will get crammed down the throats of the boobs running things today.

Sep 19th 2012 new

I would say the average price for Orange County, CA is about $4ish. On gasbuddy.com the lowest is $3.89 and the highest is $4.49. Just depends on the gas station a person uses.

Sep 19th 2012 new
I saw the price of $3.71 today here in Phx.
Sep 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Asunta-893416 said: I would say the average price for Orange County, CA is about $4ish. On gasbuddy.com the lowest i...
(Quote) Asunta-893416 said:

I would say the average price for Orange County, CA is about $4ish. On gasbuddy.com the lowest is $3.89 and the highest is $4.49. Just depends on the gas station a person uses.

--hide--

If you are a Costco member, use them, their price is usually at least 2 cents lower then anyone else in their area.

My Costco is about 20 miles away, so unless I have some other reason to be in that area it makes no sense to drive there just for gas. S I usually fill up on the Indian Reservation near me.

I filled up last Thursday as I was coming over to the Seattle side to spend time with my daughter. I forgot to pull in and fill up as I was passing the station on an errand before gong to catch the ferry, the price was $3.98/gal for regular. Turned out I forgot something I needed at home so had to put in a round trip of 8 miles to pick up what I had forgotten so I got a second chance.

When I pulled in that second chance, I paid $3.92/gal a drop of 6 cents a gallon in less than an hour.

On Sunday, on the Seattle side, all prices were just under or slightly over $4/gal. My daughter went to her Costco and paid $3.91. That means my Costco was probably down in the $3.80s.

Sep 20th 2012 new

(Quote) Jason-55847 said: What are you guys paying for gas?I just filled up my car and it was 4.09 a gallon that was the bes...
(Quote) Jason-55847 said:

What are you guys paying for gas?I just filled up my car and it was 4.09 a gallon that was the best price I could get here in Ct. outrageous right?

--hide--

it's all the taxes and EPA regs you have in the northeastern USA. it's the same in chicago and in california. move to the midwest. lower prices for everything. fewer impossible neurotics. less class strife - and ABSOLUTELY NO ONE cares where you went to college.

Sep 20th 2012 new

here it is 3.89, looking at the price of crude oil, I think we are paying to much

Sep 20th 2012 new

(Quote) Dave-24315 said: here it is 3.89, looking at the price of crude oil, I think we are paying to much
(Quote) Dave-24315 said:

here it is 3.89, looking at the price of crude oil, I think we are paying to much

--hide--

If you're comparing crude oil prices and the price at the pump today to when crude oil topped $150/barrel and sold for $3.50 at the pump in 2008 then it would seem out of whack.

But it isn't.

Crude oil is traded worldwide on the U.S. Dollar. When crude oil was selling for $150/barrel in 2008 our currency was financing a $10 trillion national debt. The $6 trillion in added debt over the last 3.5 years have resulted in both a deflated dollar which has caused inflation as well as an increased cost of refining that cruse oil into fuel, thereby making it more costly to the end user (the consumer).

Sep 20th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: If you're comparing crude oil prices and the price at the pump today to when cr...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

If you're comparing crude oil prices and the price at the pump today to when crude oil topped $150/barrel and sold for $3.50 at the pump in 2008 then it would seem out of whack.

But it isn't.

Crude oil is traded worldwide on the U.S. Dollar. When crude oil was selling for $150/barrel in 2008 our currency was financing a $10 trillion national debt. The $6 trillion in added debt over the last 3.5 years have resulted in both a deflated dollar which has caused inflation as well as an increased cost of refining that cruse oil into fuel, thereby making it more costly to the end user (the consumer).

--hide--

Great points, Victor! Remember that price run-up a few years ago from nothing but speculators? The price of gas as a commodity in bulk can be as easily influenced by price increases as gold or timber or other commodities.

So locally ... we're paying $3.49/gallon without special discounts (I think you get 5c off if you use the gas station at Kroger and 3c off at the Murphy Oil pumps at Wal-Mart). We've often been told it's our proximity to the Texas refineries and that my little burgh has an interstate going through it: delivering the gas costs a little less for us than out in the country gas stations.

When I want to complain about gas, I remember my European friends who usually are paying double.

But I echo the comments by others on here that this presidential administration has played terribly, horribly loose with its energy and fiscal policy.

Sep 20th 2012 new

(Quote) John-727073 said: Great points, Victor! Remember that price run-up a few years ago from nothing but speculat...
(Quote) John-727073 said:

Great points, Victor! Remember that price run-up a few years ago from nothing but speculators? The price of gas as a commodity in bulk can be as easily influenced by price increases as gold or timber or other commodities.

So locally ... we're paying $3.49/gallon without special discounts (I think you get 5c off if you use the gas station at Kroger and 3c off at the Murphy Oil pumps at Wal-Mart). We've often been told it's our proximity to the Texas refineries and that my little burgh has an interstate going through it: delivering the gas costs a little less for us than out in the country gas stations.

When I want to complain about gas, I remember my European friends who usually are paying double.

But I echo the comments by others on here that this presidential administration has played terribly, horribly loose with its energy and fiscal policy.

--hide--

Speculators? Gimme a break! Speculators are gamblers - nothing more. They gamble their money on whether they think future prices will go up or down, that's it. Every segment of the commodities market have their speculators. Speculators were the "Enemy of the Day" for the media in their attempts to crucify Wall Street and the oil industry.

Funny how silent the media is today about speculators. Must be a coincidence... or maybe it's who occupies the White House. The speculators sure haven't gone anywhere. They're conducting their business exactly how they were 4 years ago, 6 years ago, and 10 years ago.

Sep 20th 2012 new

$3.49 here in the Austin, Texas area. I don't believe any of the lies about the rising prices of gasoline.....period!

Posts 41 - 50 of 88