Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

09/20/2012 new

As of Thursday, September 20, 2012, in my area of Houston, the price per gallon of regular unleaded is $3.69 per gallon at the major service stations, ie. Chevron, Texaco, Shell and Exxon. Been that way for over a month. The most I have ever paid in any year was $3.94 per gallon. It is just another way of the government at all levels allowing the oil companies to gouge the public.

You good people in California, Connecticut, New York, Michigan and other states can afford to pay higher gas prices. Why not - you all make the big bucks. I am just a poor Texan. laughing laughing

Blessings, Praying Praying Praying

Leon

09/20/2012 new
(Quote) Daniel-634934 said: $3.49 here in the Austin, Texas area. I don't believe any of the lies about the rising prices of gasoline....
(Quote) Daniel-634934 said:

$3.49 here in the Austin, Texas area. I don't believe any of the lies about the rising prices of gasoline.....period!

--hide--
On vacation in Estes park and it's between $3.65/ $4.00 a gallon. I wonder how bad them oil companies are surviving.?
09/20/2012 new
(Quote) Angela-893980 said: It just went up here. If I get it in Iowa its 3.79 (plus I go to Hy-vee where I get a 3 cent discount), If I...
(Quote) Angela-893980 said:

It just went up here. If I get it in Iowa its 3.79 (plus I go to Hy-vee where I get a 3 cent discount), If I get it in my hometown its 3.99

I put gas in yesterday for the 3.79. The thing that irritated me most was just the day before it was 3.59!

--hide--
prices are crazy for sure. I was in your town a few weeks ago and ate at the Mississippi cafe. Good food.
09/20/2012 new

When you see your bills you just about faint sorry surprised weeping faint
Gas is going up,but then again,What Aint? sad weeping
Food is high,so is oil sad
All you can do is cry and toil hissyfit
All I can say is,I feel your pain sorry
Isnt it enough to drive you insane? scratchchin
But,just relax and just be thrifty.
Maybe youll be paid up by 2050.:

09/20/2012 new

(Quote) Jason-55847 said: What are you guys paying for gas?I just filled up my car and it was 4.09 a gallon that was the bes...
(Quote) Jason-55847 said:

What are you guys paying for gas?I just filled up my car and it was 4.09 a gallon that was the best price I could get here in Ct. outrageous right?

--hide--

Hello Jason!!

Always great to see you! Yes, everything today is outrageous, and I certainly feel your pain concerning the price of gasoline...that's for sure! It cost me a fortune at the pump the other day...has for a long time. I am filling a Cadillac Fleetwood, too, after all...and she only drinks high-test!

Heavens, I am sure paying for my long-time dislike of modern automobiles and smaller cars! laughing But in all honesty, I think the first step forward, in many ways...and especially for our economy's sake...is to get this charlatan out of the White House!

Hope that you are enjoying a lovely evening!

~Dominick.

09/20/2012 new

I think its about $4.23 here in the bay area...I try not to look...there is just nothing I can do about the prices anyways so I don't stress about it. CA is always pretty expensive because I think they refine the gas more here, or that is what I heard anyway. There is a Chevron plant up the road and it caught on fire about a month ago...I think they are using that as an excuse for the higher prices.

09/20/2012 new

(Quote) George-80266 said: prices are crazy for sure. I was in your town a few weeks ago and ate at the Mississippi cafe. Good food...
(Quote) George-80266 said: prices are crazy for sure. I was in your town a few weeks ago and ate at the Mississippi cafe. Good food.
--hide--

Hi George! Next Time try eating at Julie's Cafe. I think Julie's is better. But whatever you do, don't get gas in Albany! Its almost always 30 cents more than Clinton, IA.

09/21/2012 new

Bread and Bacon are going up every day wide eyed
All you do is sigh and pay sad
Soon they will tax your chair where you sit sorry
Its not over,not one darn bit hissyfit
Soon,they will tax the shoes you wear faint
I understand,its not fair ashamed
So,all I can say is,MAN ALIVE shocked
Gas is bad enough at four?, hissyfit Wait till its five,$$$$$$$$ shocked weeping

09/21/2012 new

Anywhere from $3.69 to $4.09, near my job it's more expensive since it's a more 'affluent' area, I work 70miles roundtrip and have a 6cylindar and it's hurting!!

09/22/2012 new
Steady $3.65-3.70/gallon here for the past week in Northwestern Virginia, about 75 miles west of Washington, DC. When I was in central New Jersey last week it was between $3.65 & 3.85. In and around the Pennsylvania Turnpike, it ranged from $3.95-4.05. $68 in gas round trip from Virginia to NJ and back. About 570 miles and 17.5 gallons.
Posts 51 - 60 of 88