Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

09/22/2012 new

(Quote) Jason-55847 said: What are you guys paying for gas?I just filled up my car and it was 4.09 a gallon that was the bes...
(Quote) Jason-55847 said:

What are you guys paying for gas?I just filled up my car and it was 4.09 a gallon that was the best price I could get here in Ct. outrageous right?

--hide--

It's in the high $3.80's here ...

09/23/2012 new

Maybe Cindy you are right hug
Horseback riding will soon be in sight cowboy CowGirl
We cannot pay anymore sad
Gas prices to the sky they soar weeping sorry
Soon we will be riding like Clint Eastwood and John Wayne cowboy cowboy
When you leave the pump you know where you get the pain shocked
Your money talks,it say goodbye wave
What can you do besides cry,pay,and sigh?

09/23/2012 new

(Quote) Brian-252799 said: Maybe Cindy you are right Horseback riding will soon be in sight We cannot pay anymore
(Quote) Brian-252799 said:

Maybe Cindy you are right
Horseback riding will soon be in sight
We cannot pay anymore
Gas prices to the sky they soar
Soon we will be riding like Clint Eastwood and John Wayne
When you leave the pump you know where you get the pain
Your money talks,it say goodbye
What can you do besides cry,pay,and sigh?

--hide--

But the level of horseback riding required would be objected to because of the obvious level of pollution produced which must be cleaned up. And, of course, the cost of feeding and caring for all those horses would increase, so we would be back in the same pickle anyway. We would just be talking about the cost of stableing and feeding and as well as the taxes required for clean up.

09/26/2012 new

(Quote) Steve-72317 said: Our gas prices are due to the Obama energy policy and refusal to allow domestic oil production app...
(Quote) Steve-72317 said:

Our gas prices are due to the Obama energy policy and refusal to allow domestic oil production approval in the US. The gas & oil production in the US on Federal Lands has been reduced to its lowest levels in 10 years due to Obama policies Which he hopes to raise the price to that of the Europeans at about $10.00 per gallon. There is more oil in North America Than in the Middle East if it were not for Obama cancelling oil leases in his 2nd week of office

blog.heritage.org

Steve

--hide--

I was playing around on the internet, looking for bumper stickers for my car in support of the upcoming election and I came across one about gasoline. Not sure of it's accuracy, but even if it is remotely accurate, what a good message to get across to the voters, sitting behind you at the gas station, pumping their gas:

$1.81

The price of gas when

Obama took office

09/26/2012 new

Gas Prices are rising,I mean WOW wide eyed
You see the bill and scream,HOLY COW sorry surprised
Are not food prices too much to bare sad
But do any of the hacks and politicians care? scratchchin
Enough to make you dance in rage hissyfit
But,what do you expect in this day and age? rolling eyes
But,Election Day is not far away wink
Thats the time we make THEM pay shocked weeping

09/26/2012 new

I walked by 2 different gas stations in downtown Chicago - and the price for regular was $4.59 per gallon at both of them. And, all I can say, is thank you Jesus that I don't own a car! (walking, bus, el, subway, commuter train, metra, occasional taxi, and airport express van works for me).

09/26/2012 new

(Quote) Jason-55847 said: What are you guys paying for gas?I just filled up my car and it was 4.09 a gallon that was the bes...
(Quote) Jason-55847 said:

What are you guys paying for gas?I just filled up my car and it was 4.09 a gallon that was the best price I could get here in Ct. outrageous right?

--hide--
$3.97 per gallon at Cost Co in the Orange County area; higher in the Los Angeles area.

09/26/2012 new
Hi Wendy, I don't know the timing of it, but there was a large drop in gas prices after the initial huge increase that followed Hurricane Katrina. I clearly recall talking with a gas station attendant at one point telling him I wouldn't be happy until the prices dropped to $2. He laughed at that, but sure enough they dropped dramatically and did go below $2 in some places I am certain. Sadly they went back up and haven't really stopped. And now we all need cars like the Flintstones' car.
09/28/2012 new

Everytime you pass the gas station you have a shock shocked
Im not saying this just to mock raspberry
These days you must be like Scrooge or Jack Benny grinch
You have to $ave every penny two cents
If gas goes up any higher we will have to walk sorry
I dont say this just to talk soapbox
Or Hitch a ride,get your thumb in order surprised
That way your burget wont be in disorder wide eyed

09/28/2012 new

Was working around the house for the last few days.

So as I was on my way to do this weeks grocery shopping, I was stunned to see my local Indian Tribe's Shell station's price had jumped 7 cents since Tuesday. Further checking shows that prices range from a low of $3.899 for regular at a USA station to a high of $4.159 at a Valero station. Going further afield, prices run from $3.899 at several places and a high of $4.079.

Have not heard why the sudden jump, but around here it could be nothing more than a supervisor was out sick at some refinery. laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing weeping weeping weeping weeping weeping

Posts 71 - 80 of 88