Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

What? No Hockey?

Sep 15th 2012 new

wave Hey there everybody!! Well as i'am typing this; Look's like there will be a (another) NHL Hockey Lock Out: How do you feel about it? Do you (really) care? I think its MOSTLY Hurting the FANS And (sports) bars and any other type of business both here (Usa) and Canada: anyway any opinions? As for me i like Hockey especially during the play offs! I will miss it Take care all Mike "peace"!!

Sep 16th 2012 new

ashamed This is how the owners and players should be. This lockout is giving the NHL a black eye. Hopefully both sides will come to their senses and work something out.

Sep 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Jose-499568 said: This is how the owners and players should be. This lockout is giving the NHL a black eye. Hopefull...
(Quote) Jose-499568 said:

This is how the owners and players should be. This lockout is giving the NHL a black eye. Hopefully both sides will come to their senses and work something out.

--hide--

It's ridiculous that the fans take the brunt of the fallout. Come to Minnesota, Mike. Our high school hockey is pretty exciting. (March is tournament time.)

Sep 16th 2012 new

I don't particularly sorry for either the owners or the players - they all make way more than anyone should ever need to. I do wonder why the owners blame the players for taking the money they (the owners) offer to pay them.
It is all the "little guys" that I feel most bad about - the bars, restaurants, ticket takers, etc.

Sep 16th 2012 new

I don't particularly sorry for either the owners or the players - they all make way more than anyone should ever need to. I do wonder why the owners blame the players for taking the money they (the owners) offer to pay them.
It is all the "little guys" that I feel most bad about - the bars, restaurants, ticket takers, etc.

Sep 16th 2012 new
GO WINGS!!! It's all greed! Really these guys make more money... But apparently their wallets are more important than the joy it brings a fan like me and more important than the towns economy that they influence! It's another league in just another year. Cycle of plain greed!
Sep 16th 2012 new
Well, unless someone knows something I don't, the WVU hockey team is not being locked out. Their Division 2 team's home opener is this coming Saturday, and the Division 1 club will have their home opener later in October.
Sep 26th 2012 new

Friday, the owners and players are to meet again. Ice Skating Hope that they can reach middle ground so that we can have hockey this season!!!

Oct 2nd 2012 new

It appears that the owners and the players do not care about the loyal hockey fans. So unless something incredible happens, it may be a while before the first puck is dropped on center ice! irked

Oct 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: It's ridiculous that the fans take the brunt of the fallout. Come to Minnesota, Mike. Our hig...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

It's ridiculous that the fans take the brunt of the fallout. Come to Minnesota, Mike. Our high school hockey is pretty exciting. (March is tournament time.)

--hide--

NCAA College Hockey, Division 1, starts up in a week. Ohio State is playing at my beloved University of Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs bulldog next weekend, then then following weekend UMD goes down to Notre Dame. (Did I mention that UMD won the national championship two seasons ago hyper). UMD's women already played an exhibition series (and they've won the national championship five times in the last decade).

Is the NHL locked out? I hadn't noticed... I'd much rather follow college hockey, anyway, or as my homestate friend Kathy mentioned, high school hockey. Both games have a much better flow to them, without all the fighting nonsense of the pro's, and in a much more enthusiastic environment. Go Bulldogs! bulldog

Posts 1 - 10 of 11