Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Feb 17th 2013 new

Colt 45(1950)Ex war hero Steve Farrell(Randolph Scott)now a salesman is trying to sell his new gun,the colt 45 to a sheriff.In the cell is Jason Brett(Zachary Scott)a drifter waiting to be shipped out on the next stagecoach.Brett grabs the guns,kills the sheriff and escapes.
Brett soon starts a crime wave after he forms a gang.One of the members is Paul Donovan(Llyod Bridges)Pauls wife Beth (Ruth Roman)has little use for Brett and his outlaw ways.
To get back his guns Steve travels to the next town where he finds Bretts taken over the town and the sheriff(Alan Hale)is on his payroll.
Pretty good Western cowboy CowGirl clap clap clap thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
en.wikipedia.org

Feb 18th 2013 new

The Law And Jake Wade(1958)Shortly after the Civil War.Jake Wade(Robert Taylor)rides into a town and rescues Clint Hollister(Richard Widmark)from a jail hes being held in.
Returning to his home where Jake is marshall he finds a strange man Rennie(Henry Silva)hanging around town.Jake is engaged to be married to Peggy(Patricia Owen)
Jake goes into his office and finds Clint waiting for him along with his gang.Rennie was one of Clints men.They bring along Peggy to act as hostage and all take off to an unknown destination.Jake tells Peggy that Clint and the others were in the same outfit during the war and Jake had been a confederate officer with orders to raid Northern towns and bring the money back to the confederate army.On the last raid the war ended and Jake had buried the loot somewhere.What Clint wants is to get the money for himself.
When they find the location, a ghost town the group finds its been taken over by indians.
Great Western.DONT MISS clap clap clap clap cowboy CowGirl thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
www.tcm.com

Feb 18th 2013 new

Watched it yesterday. I liked it as it gets back to the roots but is quite long...

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: Watched "Skyfall" on Blu-ray on Tuesday night -one of the rare occasions I've watched a dis...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said: Watched "Skyfall" on Blu-ray on Tuesday night -one of the rare occasions I've watched a disc the very night I bought it ....
--hide--

Feb 19th 2013 new

Watched The Caller on Netflix/Roku, which was a psychological thriller. Meh.

Feb 19th 2013 new
This weekend, watched Winter's Bone and X-Men First Class. (Both starring Jennifer Lawrence)

Also watched the first episode of BBC's Sherlock series. All the episodes are feature length - about an hour and a half - so I think that kinda counts for this thread.
Feb 21st 2013 new

God Is My Copilot(1945)China 1942.Col Robert Lee Scott(Dennis Morgan)an ace pilot in the flying tigers is grounded from going on a special mission over Japan because of health reasons.Maj Gen Claire L Chennault(Raymond Massey)is briefing his crew on the mission.Robert feels his only friend is the local Catholic priest Father Harrigan(Alan Hale)a missionary in China.
Thinking back of all the dangerous missions he was on Robert recalls them all in a flashback.
Great WW2Film and True Story. clap clap clap thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
www.youtube.com

Feb 22nd 2013 new

Blackmail(1939)John R Ingram(Edward G Robinson)is the luckiest man in the world.Hes married to pretty Helen(Ruth Hussey)has a young son Hank(Bob Watson)and he and his pal Moose McCarthy(Guinn Big Boy Williams)are partners and owners of an oil buisness.
Trouble starts when hobo Bill Maniey(Gene Lockhart)comes looking for a job.Bill and John had been shipmates nine years ago and had framed John for a robbery he commited.Bill tells John he will sign a confession for $25000 so he will have something to come back to when hes released from prison.Bill goes along,but shifty Bill again frames John and sends him to a brutal southern chain gang.
Bill takes over the buisness and Hank and Helen are left out.John then swears to escape from the chain gang and get revenge.
Good Nail Biter with a fantastic chase scene. clap clap clap clap thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
www.youtube.com
Eddie G for once is MR Nicer Guy and should not have been in jail at all.

Feb 23rd 2013 new

The Breaking Point(1950)Harry Morgan(John Garfield)is a skipper living in South America with wife Lucy(Phyllis Thaxter)and two daughters(Sherry Jackson and Donna Boyce)Harrys about to lose his boat.Harry meets shifty F R Duncan(Wallace Ford)who can get him off the hook,but his plans are illegal jobs.Harry must go along or lose everything.
Not a bad remake of To Have And Have Not.
www.impawards.com

Feb 24th 2013 new
Just watched "Kites" (2010), which is the worst Bollywood film I have seen to date. Film centers on an Indian (as in country of India) man and Mexican woman falling in love ... and on the run from the murderous man she had planned to marry. Usually Bollywood films have elaborate dance numbers and lots of them; in this film they're mostly replaced by ridiculous car chases that would embarrass James Bond. Big thumbs down on this one.
Feb 24th 2013 new
(Quote) Edward-4511 said: Just watched "Kites" (2010), which is the worst Bollywood film I have seen to date. Film centers on an I...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said: Just watched "Kites" (2010), which is the worst Bollywood film I have seen to date. Film centers on an Indian (as in country of India) man and Mexican woman falling in love ... and on the run from the murderous man she had planned to marry. Usually Bollywood films have elaborate dance numbers and lots of them; in this film they're mostly replaced by ridiculous car chases that would embarrass James Bond. Big thumbs down on this one.
--hide--
To be fair, the first 45 minutes aren't too bad, setting up the story. The two lead characters' dance in the rain is fun. But once they start running, the movie kinda falls apart.
Posts 111 - 120 of 200