Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Apr 2nd 2013 new

Finally saw Unstoppable with Chris Pine (the new Captain Kirk in the "Star Trek" movies) and Denzel Washington. It is "inspired by true events" and it is enjoyable, but some of the action set pieces are nevertheless absurd. (Typical for a Tony Scott film, I guess -- may he rest in peace. Praying )

SPOILERS:

I read an account of the real-life runaway train this film is based on. As expected, the real-life story is not as over-the-top as the movie. Here's an article from Wikipedia:

en.wikipedia.org

Apr 5th 2013 new

Santa Fe Trail(1940)Wet Point 1857.Jeb Stuart(Errol Flynn),George Custer(Ronald Reagan),Bob Holiday(William Lundigan),Philip Sheridan(David Bruce)James Longstreet(Frank Wilcox),George Picket(William Marshall),and John Hood(George Haywood)graduate and are sent to Kansas where aboltonist head head John Brown(Raymond Massey)is causing many murders.
Jeb and George meet Bobs pretty sister Kit(Olivia De Havilland)and fall for her,but its up to Kitt who her choice will be.scratchchin
Great Westernclap clap clap cowboy CowGirl thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

www.youtube.com

Apr 6th 2013 new

Lady On A Train(1945)Going to spend Christmas with her aunt Nikki Collins(Deanna Durbin)a murder mystery buff,witness a murder as shes ready to pull into her station.Nikki reports it to the police,but the sergent(Willaiam Frawley)thinks she crazy and kicks her out.
Nikkis next stop is to murder mystery writerWayne Morgan(David Bruce)who laughs it off.
In a movie Nikki sees the death of a wealthy buisnessman and Nikki sees its the dead man she saw.
Nikki goes to the home of the dead mans family and finds an assorted group of characters.Jonathan Waring(Ralph Bellamy)the dead mans nephew,Arnold Waring(Dan Duryea)another nephew,Danny(Allan Jerkins)a servent and MR Saunders(George Couluris)a nightclub owner and friend of the Warings.
Who could the killer be?scratchchin
Good Who Done It.scratchchin
en.wikipedia.org

Apr 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said:Coming out of the theatre I noticed "The Great Gatsby" will be coming out in May. After looking ...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said:Coming out of the theatre I noticed "The Great Gatsby" will be coming out in May. After looking at the trailer I wonder if the remake will do the novel justice.
--hide--

I have low expectations (so I won't be disappointed) but I LOVE Leo. I think he will be a wonderful Gatsby. I mean, the version with Redford is a classic but I can't wait to see this.

Apr 8th 2013 new

I watched Hotel Rwanda over the weekend. :(

Apr 8th 2013 new

Olympus Has Fallen...

It was unbelievable! Everyone should see it!

Apr 8th 2013 new

The George Raft Story(1961)Story of screen legend George Raft(Ray Danton)From his days as a dancer during Prohibition.His involment with the mobs,his Hollywood years,his late 1940s decline,his days in Cuba till Castro took over and his comeback in Some Like It Hot.
Pretty good film.Its got its share of mistakes like George didnt break up with actress Lisa Lang(Jane Mansfield)because his mother died.George was a devote Catholic and had once been married.The church said no,so he had to break up with her.Lisa,of course,was supose to be Betty Grable.

www.youtube.com

Apr 9th 2013 new
Bollywood comedy "3 Idiots", about three college buddies struggling through engineering school. Got it from Netflix (disc in the mail).
Apr 9th 2013 new

"Orchestra Wives"~~~George Montgomery, Ann Rutherford and Glenn Miller. the good 'ol days!

Apr 10th 2013 new

Smashing The Money Ring(1939)A counterfeiting ring is flooding the state with bad money.Top T Man,Brass Bancroft(Ronald Reagan)and his bumbling partner Gabby(Eddie Foy JR)are assigned the case.
A gambling ship owned by ex gangster,Parker(Charles D Brown)is being forced by hoodlum Dice Mathews(Joe Downing)and his gang to put the money into operation.Brass poses as a hood and joins up with Dice.Soon Brass,Dice,and Parker are caught and sent to prison.Brass finds theres a MR Big in charge of the operation.
Ron diid a pretty good series of the Brass Bancroft films.

Posts 151 - 160 of 200