Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

04/10/2013 new
Zero dark 30. Quite intense but gives us something to think about when we remember the risk those serving in the military or foreign service expos themselves to for our sake.
04/10/2013 new
I'm watching "Moulin Rouge" starring Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor. This is one of the strangest movies I've ever seen ..... eyepopping
04/10/2013 new

New- GI Joe 2 w/ 2 of my boys. Love action films. It is brainless fun.

04/11/2013 new

I am watching the Bible series. My son bought it for me for Easter:) It has encouraged me to read the old testament more!

04/13/2013 new

DOA(1950)Frank Bigelow(Edmond OBrien)has a small buisness in Arizona.Frank decides to take a vacation to California to make up his mind on marrying his secratary Paula Gibson(Pamela Britton).Once in California Frank goes out for a night on the town.At a bar his drink is changed by a mysterious man.Waking the next morning not feeling good Frank goes to the hospital and finds he was slipped a deadly poison and has a week to live.
Paula cclls Frank and tells him a MR Phillips tried to get in touch with him and was later murdered.Frank finds Phillips was from LA and Frank flies out there.Frank comes across an assorted group of people,Majak(Luther Adler)a gangster and his brutal henchman Chester(Neville Brand),MRS Phillips(Lynn Baggett)widow of the dead man who was having an affair with MR Philipps partner(William Ching),Maria Rakubian(Laurette Luez)a trashy model,and Stanley Phillips(Henry Hart)in love with his brothers secratary(Beverly Garland).
Who could Franks murder be?scratchchin Film Noir as good as it gets.
www.impawards.com

04/14/2013 new

Last night I got to see Silver Linings Playbook. It was an interesting depiction of people with various degrees of mental illness. Frequent usage of the f*** word. Liked the ending.

Did I or someone else mention The Life of Pi?

04/16/2013 new

Bataan(1943)Phillipines 1942.Sergent Bill Dane(Robert Taylor)is assigned to destroy a bridge being held by advancing Japanese troops.Dane has an assorted group under his command cut off from their units.LT Steve Buntley(George Murphy)a pilot,Corp Jake Fingold(Thomas Mitchell),Danes pal,Capt Henry Lassiter(Lee Bowman),Leonard Purckett(Robert Walker)a sailor,Felix Ramirez(Desi Arnez)a mechanic,and Barney Todd(Llyod Nolan)a wanted criminal who once served under Dane.
After the bridge is destroyed the group have their share of problems with the Japanese rebuilding the vital bridge,bad food,snipers,and Dane deciding to stay or pull out.
Great Filmclap clap clap Philippines United States Flag thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

www.youtube.com

04/16/2013 new
"42", the new movie about Jackie Robinson. baseball Well done, though I suspect they only scratched the surface of the racism that Jackie experienced.
04/17/2013 new

Canon City(1948)True story of an escape of twelve convicts from a prison in Canon City,Colorado.Scott Brady steals the show as a con forced to go along during the escape.clap clap clap gangster duck thumbsup thumbsup

www.impawards.com

Apr 19 new

Brewsters Millions(1945)Ex GI Monty Brewster(Dennis OKeefe)is home from WW2 and is ready to marry his true love,Peggy Gray(Helen Walker)He gets word from his uncles lawyer that hes inherited seven million,but theres a catch,he must spend a million in a limited amount of time.
Monty makes some bad buisness ventures in order to get rid of the million,but thanks to his pals,Jackson(Eddie Rochester Anderson)and Hackey(Joe Sawyer)every venture makes money.
Pretty good comedy.laughing laughing laughing laughing $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$sorry

Posts 161 - 170 of 200