Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

May 11th 2013 new

Forest Gumb

May 18th 2013 new
Violence(1947)Ralph Borden(Emory Borden)is head of a crooked veterans union run by mobsters whos only desire is steal the veterans money and have little use for the members.When an agent gets the goods on the mob hes beaten and murdered by Frad Stalk(Sheldon Leonard)and Joker(Peter Whitney)two union thugs. The unions secretary Ann Mason(Nancy Coleman)a government agent is going to report to Steve Fuller(Michael OShea)another agent and Anns hubby to be,but in a car accident loses her memory and doesn't know Steve.To make matters worse theres a MR Big behind the union giving it money. Pretty good norish type thriller.
May 18th 2013 new
(quote) Brian-252799 said: Violence(1947)Ralph Borden(Emory Borden)is head of a crooked veterans union run by mobsters whos only desire is steal the veterans money and have little use for the members.When an agent gets the goods on the mob hes beaten and murdered by Frad Stalk(Sheldon Leonard)and Joker(Peter Whitney)two union thugs. The unions secretary Ann Mason(Nancy Coleman)a government agent is going to report to Steve Fuller(Michael OShea)another agent and Anns hubby to be,but in a car accident loses her memory and doesn't know Steve.To make matters worse theres a MR Big behind the union giving it money. Pretty good norish type thriller.
Silver Linings Playbook...loved it!
May 18th 2013 new
Star Trek Into Darkness, with CMer Michelle from Pittsburgh. We both loved it. This was Michelle's first Star Trek movie!
May 19th 2013 new
(quote) Claudine-882177 said: I have low expectations (so I won't be disappointed) but I LOVE Leo. I think he will be a wonderful Gatsby. I mean, the version with Redford is a classic but I can't wait to see this.
I saw The Great Gatsby in 3D last night. It's quite an interesting and elaborate interpretation. The storyline is presented through the eyes of Nick Carraway, Daisy's cousin. Toby Maquire did an outstanding job portraying Nick! You get a Gold Star! At first I thought I would have a hard time accepting DiCaprio as Gatsby, but definitely got into the movie.

The Great Gatsby is tragic...
May 24th 2013 new
Roustabout(1964)Charlie Rogers(Elvis Presley)a nightclub singer is traveling to Las Vegas to get a job on his motorcycle.On the way he sees Maggie Morgan(Barbra Stanwyck),Joe Lean(Leif Erickson)and Joes daughter Cathy(Joan Freeman)in a jeep.Charlie makes a pass at Cathy and is run off the road by Joe and his cycle is ruined. Charlie goes back to a small carnival owned by Maggie and is offered a job as roustabout.Having no job Charlie agrees.Joe,who takes an instant dislike to Charlie is the carnival foreman and warns him to stay away from Cathy.Cathy and Charlie like each other,but she doesn't want to hurt Joe. Maggie finds Charlie can sing and hires him as the shows singer helping the dying carnival come back. A big carnival tycoon Harry Carver(Pat Buttram)comes by one night and offers Charlie a job with his outfit.Charlie tells him he wants to stay with Maggie. After a fight with a customer(Steve Brodie)where he accuses Joe of stealing his wallet,Charlie later finds it,but refuses to help Joe.After Joe is released he hs a big fight with Charlie.Angry,Charlie goes to work for Carver and Maggies show soon goes broke. Pretty Good Elvis Film. www.youtube.com
May 25th 2013 new
Can't remember the last move I saw from start to finish...but I caught the last 9 minutes of Pursuit of Happiness at work tonight and I started crying. Darn.
May 25th 2013 new
First Yank Into Tokyo(1945)Bomber pilot Major Steve Ross(Tom Neal)is called to Washington DC for a special assignment.An atomic scientist Lewis Jordine(Marc Cramer)has been shot down in the Pacific and was sent to Tokyo.Steves job is through plastic surgery to be made to look like a Japanese soildier and find where Jordine is being held.Problem is once Steve agrees he cant be changed back.Steve thinks of his bride to be Abby Drake(Barbra Hale),a nurse,who was killed after Pearl Harbor.Thinking he has nothing to return home for agrees. After the operation is finished and through the help of the Korean underground Steve is soon into Tokyo. Steve finds Jordine in a Japanese POW camp,but real problems start when he finds Col Hideko Okanura(Richard Loo)in charge of the camp was his roommate in school before the War. Good WW2 thriller. www.youtube.com
May 30th 2013 new
Rogues Regiment(1948)Berlin 1945,After the death of Hitler,Martin Bruener(Stephen McNally)a high ranking SS officer leaves the Bunker. After the trials are over at Nuremberg,Bruener is the last high ranking Nazi still at large.American agent Whit Corbert(Dick Powell)is assigned to find him.Whit gets a lead when he finds many ex German soildiers are going to South East Asia to join the French Foreign Legion.Bruener,with the help of ex Nazi Mark Van Ratten(Vincent Price)now working for the reds, gets Bruener into the Legion. Whit meets French Agent Lili Maubert(Marta Toren)and her mission is to stop Van Ratten whos supplying the anti French rebels with guns. Great Film.DONT MISS. en.wikipedia.org
Jun 2nd 2013 new
Lilacs In The Spring(1954)London 1944,Carol Beaumont(Anna Neagle)a singer and entertainer has two men she wants to marry.Charles King(David Farrar)and Albert Gutman(Peter Graves)While sitting in a pub trying to decide during an air raid Carol is injured.In her dream she thinks shes Neil Gwyn,a dancer from long ago in long with King Charles(David Farrar)After recovering she again blacks out and dreams shes Queen Victoria.Recovering again and again blacking out she dreams shes her mother during WW1 in love with her father(Errol Flynn)a famous entertainer.Carol relives her mothers start in dancing and entertaining and becoming a major star while her dad heads to Hollywood at the start of the talkies and becoming a famous actor. Good Song and Dance Film. Keep an eye out for Sean Conery and Stephen Boyd(Bits) www.google.com
Posts 181 - 190 of 200