Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Jun 2nd 2013 new
My son is sick, so we are watching Disney movies. Finished Aladdin, Oliver & Company and The Jungle Book. It's amazing how your perspective of a movie changes as an adult!

Right now I'm introducing him to Fantasia and the idea that music tells a story even if there are no words.
Jun 3rd 2013 new
Fast and Furious 6! Fabulous!
Jun 7th 2013 new
Not As A Stranger(1955)Lucas Marsh(Robert Mitchum)is studying to be a doctor.Problems start when he starts running out of money and finds his father(Lon Chaney)drank up the money he saved up.The head nurse Kristina Hedvigson(Olivia De Havilland)a middle aged spinster is in love with Lucas.When the money is gone Lucas agrees to marry Kristina because she can keep him in school much to the disgust of Alfred Boone(Frank Sinatra)Lucas best friend. The head doctor DR Aarons(Broderick Crawford)wants to help Lucas,but he too is short on money.After Lucus and Kristina are married he soon graduates and is sent to a small Wesern town helping local doctor(Charles Bickford) Now that Lucus has got his wish he soon tires of Kristina and soon starts having an affair with trashy society girl Harriet Lang(Gloria Grahame) Great Film with a Great Cast. en.wikipedia.org
Jun 7th 2013 new
I showed my son "Breaking Away" (1979), starring Dennis Christopher, Dennis Quaid, Daniel Stern, Jackie Earle Haley, Paul Dooley and Barbara Barrie. He enjoyed it. Now he knows the reference when I yell, "REFUND! REFUND!"
Jun 9th 2013 new
27 Dresses
Jun 12th 2013 new
Crack Up(1946)Art curator George Steele(Pat OBrien)is on a train and sees a train coming head on.After the wreck George is found in the art museum smashing things up.The police are called in and LT Cochran(Wallace Ford)tells him no such train wreck took place.George goes to the train station to retrace his steps but gets nowhere. George meets Terry Cordell(Claire Trevor)who believes George was in a wreck. Returning to the museum George meets a mysterious MR Traybin(Herbert Marshall)whos interested in a special picture due to show up. Great Film Noir.Should keep you on the edge of your seat. www.impawards.com
Jun 12th 2013 new
Monday night, on DVD, watched the original theatrical version of Superman: The Movie starring Christopher Reeve ... to get me in the mood for the reboot, Man of Steel, coming out Friday. Superman

Last night, my coworker Dan and I went to see Star Trek Into Darkness at the Regal Theater.
It was Dan's first time seeing it, and my third. vulcan
Jun 14th 2013 new
On Wednesday I recorded "The Shawshank Redemption" because I've never seen it. I started to watch when I realized the original Swedish version of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" was on Sundance. Since I can watch Shawshank anytime I want, I watched The Girl With... Kinda intense in spots and definitely not for everybody.
Jun 17th 2013 new
I'll take Sweden with Bob hope it was ok a little racy for it's day but ok.
Man of Steel....it was ok but only so so for me. I'd go see Ironman instead.
Jun 17th 2013 new
(quote) Ann-69118 said: I'll take Sweden with Bob hope it was ok a little racy for it's day but ok.
Man of Steel....it was ok but only so so for me. I'd go see Ironman instead.
I saw Man of Steel on Friday. Superman I liked it overall, but there was too much carnage in Metropolis. eyepopping

And ..... LOCK! This topic has been automatically locked due to size. Any further discussion can be continued in a new topic.
Posts 191 - 200 of 200