Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Oct 23rd 2012 new

Bridesmaid

Oct 25th 2012 new

The Glass Key(1942)Political boss,Paul Vardvig)Brian Donlevy)wants to clean up the city by backing reformer,(Moroni Olsen)The local Don Nick Varnas(Joseph Calleia)gambling rackets are being smashed by Paul.
Paul is invited to the reformist home where he meets his daughter,Janet Henry(Veronica Lake)who he falls for.Janets brother,Taylor(Richard Denning)is a constant gambler and lowlife in to Varna for a lot of money.
Pauls partner and best friend,Ed Beaumont(Alan Ladd)shows up at the party and he and Janet fall in love.
Paul finds that his sister,Opal(Bonita Granville)and Taylor are having an affair and Paul angtly goes looking for him.Later,Taylor is found dead.
Nick picks up Ed and wants him to testify that Paul is Taylors killer,but he refuses.Ed is badly beaten by Jeff(William Bendix)and Rusty(Eddie Marr)Nicks two henchmen,but he still refuses to double cross Paul.Ed gets away,but Paul is picked up by the police for Taylors murder.
Great Movie.DONT MISS clap clap clap clap thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
www.impawards.com

Oct 26th 2012 new

They Drive By Night(1940)Joe(George Raft)and Paul(Humphrey Bogart)Fabrini own a small truck hauling fruit.Joes dream is to one day own a trucking company.Paul wants to quit so he will spend more time with his wife,Pearl(Gale Page)
After an accident where the truck is ruined and Paul loses an arm,Joe goes to work for a large trucking company owned by Ed Carlsen(Alan Hale)and his trashy wife,Lana(Ida Lupino)Lana is trying to have an affair with Joe,but Joe wont have anything to do with her.Lana murders Ed by locking him in the garage with the car turned on.Lana asks Joe to help her run the company.Joe agrees on the condition that its buisness.
Joe meets waitress,Casey Hartley(Ann Sheridan)and they fall in love.When Lana finds out she goes to the police and tells themJoe forced her to murder Ed.
Great Film.Dont Miss. clap clap clap clap clap thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
www.youtube.com

Oct 27th 2012 new
Chasing Mavericks (currently at theaters with Gerald Butler)

Based on the life of Jay Moriarty who was a surfer. I found the movie to be very good and highly recommend it....bring tissues.
Oct 28th 2012 new

"Beneath The Darkness" with Dennis Quaid. It's a great thriller. faint

Oct 28th 2012 new
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Chasing Mavericks (currently at theaters with Gerald Butler) Based on the life of Jay Moriarty who...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Chasing Mavericks (currently at theaters with Gerald Butler)

Based on the life of Jay Moriarty who was a surfer. I found the movie to be very good and highly recommend it....bring tissues.
--hide--

www.huffingtonpost.com

This movie touched me in a way that is very difficult to explain. Jay Moriarty lived from June 16, 1978June 15, 2001 and this movie tells about his life. For me it was more than just a movie about a surfer, something about the movie pulled me in. I suspect since my son was only here for me to care about for 22 years. I could feel God calling me to allow him to continue healing my heart.....

I do hope others will choose to watch this one & comment on what they think about the movie.... rose rose rose angel theheart
Nov 1st 2012 new

Boys Town(1938)After hearing the confession of a gangster(Leslie Fenton)on his way to the Death House,Father Flanagan(Spencer Tracy)believes if he had been helped as a boy he wouldnt have become a criminal.
With the help of his friend, Dave Morris(Henry Hull)Father Flanagan opens a shelter for homeless boys.Soon,with the help of the press and public he opens a huge operation called Boys Town.
Big time mobster,Joe Marsh(Edward Norris)sends for Father Flanagan and asks him to bring his brother,Whitey Marsh(Mickey Rooney)to Boys Town.Whitey is a hoodlum and know it all who takes an instant dislike to Father Flanagan.The priest nevertheless gets him to go along.
Whitey doesnt get along with the other boys and causes trouble for Father Flanagan.
After losing a fight and election at Boys Town Whitey leaves,but returns when his friend Pee Wee(Bobs Watson)is hit by a car.Whitey wanders into the nearest town where he walks into his brother Joe robbing a bank.Whitey is kidnapped by Joes gang and brought to their hideout.
When the media finds out about the robbery they soon turn against Father Flanagan and Boys Town.
GREAT FILM.DONT MISS.Spencer Tracy got his Oscar as Father Flanagan. clap clap clap thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
www.youtube.com

Nov 1st 2012 new

"Puncture"....based on a true story out of Huston, TX.

Nov 4th 2012 new

"Freelancers". A raw and gritty film starring Rober Deniro, Forest Whitaker, and Fifty Cent!!

Nov 4th 2012 new

The American Girl Movie: MaKenna
embarassed Watche dit with my 11 yr old daughter lovestruck!

Posts 31 - 40 of 200